Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 7:24am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « oxygen »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   oxygen
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: oxygen  (Read 900 times)
wanna_swap_brains
New Board Junior
England 

oxygen
« on: Mar 30th, 2008, 3:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi,that neuro guy wunt give me oxygen coz we both smoke,summat about blowing the house up.anyway at the doctors on tuesday ill ask her,should i  say we dont smoke???or is it that dangerous???stuart
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: oxygen
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30th, 2008, 4:00pm »

What an idiot.  The neuro, not you.  Do you have a fireplace?  A gas stove?  Do you burn candles?  

Any semi-intelligent person knows not to smoke when using 02 and to respectfully take caution when using anything potentially dangerous.    This is an insult to your intelligence in my mind.  I suppose if you have to, lie about it.  

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30th, 2008, 4:31pm »

I'm with Linda, Lie about it! I have a gas stove in my house, a fire place, and my wife uses candles all over the damned house. Just understand 02 is not flammable, it's an accelerant. So if anything saturated with oxygen, cathes fire, it'll burn fast and hot.

If you take very simple precautions, obviously don't smoke while you're using 02, walk around outside and let your clothes breathe after you use the 02, you'll have no problems. Good luck!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30th, 2008, 4:40pm »

Technically, oxygen is the catalyst in combustion. It is not by itself flammable - there still needs to be fuel. Fire burns in the regular mix of atmospheric gases, which is approximately 21% oxygen.

Check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sab2Ltm1WcM

It shows a couple of guys pouring liquid oxygen onto a lit barbeque. Guiseppi's right - it makes a fire that's already burning burn much hotter and much faster. It's what killed the Apollo 1 astronauts - their capsule was pressurized with 100% oxygen, and when a spark inside ignited some cloth, everything inside burned hot and fast - including the astronauts.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
darknight
New Board Veteran
Great_Britain 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?

« Reply #4 on: Mar 31st, 2008, 7:08am »

Thats ridiculous ive smoked but was given oxygen!!!
Use the leaflet from ouch's website they are not allowed to refuse you use if you have been diagnosed with clusters!!
 Linda is bang on, i keep my 02 upstairs away from naked flames like candles!!!

with the infromation on this website and OUCK UK you need to tell the doc what you require otherwise he will use you as a guinnea pig for drugs!!

Helen could help wheres lelimey when u need her!!!lol
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2008, 7:10am by darknight » IP Logged
wanna_swap_brains
New Board Junior
England 

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31st, 2008, 9:16am »

thanks you lot,that ouch uk websites changed,any 1 know where i can print what i need elsewhere,thanks in advance.stuart
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 31st, 2008, 12:12pm »

Stuart,  

A good place to start.  

http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen1.htm

Print this page out and take it to your Dr.  Good luck and do NOT....repeat...NOT take no for an answer.  We have to be our own best advocate in matters like this, because no one else will.

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
wanna_swap_brains
New Board Junior
England 

« Reply #7 on: Apr 1st, 2008, 3:16am »

thanks,ive printed off that part filled hoof so all she gotta do is sign it.stuart
IP Logged
darknight
New Board Veteran
Great_Britain 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?

« Reply #8 on: Apr 1st, 2008, 11:48am »

Stuart,  

here is the link to OUCH UK
http://www.ouchuk.org/html/media_downloads.asp
that should do the trick!!
IP Logged
wanna_swap_brains
New Board Junior
England 

« Reply #9 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 7:36am »

hi,doctors faxed off the hoof,any idea how long it will take?doctor dint know.thanks.
IP Logged
wanna_swap_brains
New Board Junior
England 

« Reply #10 on: Apr 3rd, 2008, 7:02am »

it came this morning,hmmm do i want a headache just to test it ???nah    thanks for your help with this,stuart
IP Logged
Beastfodder
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally

« Reply #11 on: Apr 4th, 2008, 11:12am »

It's a pretty good service you get now the hoof's done.

D'you have a non-rebreather mask for it?

http://www.clustermasx.com/ is what a few clusterheads swear by and they're UK based.  Your O2 suppliers should know what was supplied with your kit - and it is the high flow O2 cylinder that's been delivered isn't it?

Good luck and hope it works as well for  you as for me!
IP Logged

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #12 on: Apr 4th, 2008, 11:19am »

Clustermasx is no longer available.
IP Logged

wanna_swap_brains
New Board Junior
England 

« Reply #13 on: Apr 4th, 2008, 3:00pm »

hi,yeh its all set up right,the delivery guy was an old mate of mine who shook his head and called me a poor b*stard when he came,but he sorted it all out for me,he knew all about clusters.up to now ive used it 5 times and it stopped em all except 1 within about 10 mins,which is such a relief. just a little summat else,why wont they give you oxygen before they rule out anything sinister??thanks for replies stuart
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #14 on: Apr 4th, 2008, 3:09pm »

Awesome that it's working for you. Just one more suggestion. Many find  the headache keeps coming back when they shut off the oxygen. They have posted that by slogging down an energy drink, or even a strong cup of coffee, as soon as they start the oxygen, they can extend the time between the attacks. Might be worth a try.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
wanna_swap_brains
New Board Junior
England 

« Reply #15 on: Apr 4th, 2008, 3:41pm »

thanks guiseppe,tried red bull a few weeks ago without oxygen and dint get any benefit from it,i will try again it again though now i have oxygen.tried oxygen and ice pack at the same time though,top quality,thanks again stuart
IP Logged
Trooper
New Board Junior
USA 

I ain't skeert!

Email

« Reply #16 on: Apr 4th, 2008, 8:51pm »

At least your doc was honest enough to say that is why they won't give you O2. I smoke and I think that is why I have always been denied as well.  

Thanks to the good info on this board, I finally took matters into my own hands and got O2. I wish I would have known how to do this three years ago. It feels wonderful to not be on so many perscription drugs.  Smiley
IP Logged
wanna_swap_brains
New Board Junior
England 

« Reply #17 on: Apr 5th, 2008, 2:17am »

hi trooper,my neurologist refused coz of smoking,but the people whos advice i now follow (on here)told me to tell a few porkies,so i filled in the hoof and gave it my normal doctor and "told" her she had to order it,good luck stuart
IP Logged
Trooper
New Board Junior
USA 

I ain't skeert!

Email

« Reply #18 on: Apr 6th, 2008, 11:46am »

Quote:
told me to tell a few porkies,so i filled in the hoof and gave it my normal doctor and "told" her she had to order it,

What?? LOL! can ya put this in plain english, not sure what you are saying here but it is making me laugh Grin
IP Logged
wanna_swap_brains
New Board Junior
England 

« Reply #19 on: Apr 6th, 2008, 1:24pm »

ok,neuro refused oxygen due to smoking,people on here told me to twist the truth a little,so i told my doctor that the neuro said he would prescribe the things she couldnt(verapamil & prednisolone)and he told me to give her the hoof part filled form to just sign and fax off.give it a try yourself or you could end up taking crazy medication cocktails that would kill a cow(cattle)but wont help your clusters.stuart
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Apr 6th, 2008, 2:56pm »

Quote:
What?? LOL! can ya put this in plain english, not sure what you are saying here but it is making me laugh

He's been talking to Helen again.  lol   After a while you get used to their language Trooper and some of us have even started to understand it and use it in our own posts.  

"Big girls blouse" is the one that always kills me.
IP Logged

wanna_swap_brains
New Board Junior
England 

« Reply #21 on: Apr 6th, 2008, 3:43pm »

big girls blouse means mard arse where i live(city)dont know what it means in the hills though.thanks for your advice too linda.stuart
IP Logged
beachmusic

Email

« Reply #22 on: Apr 7th, 2008, 10:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Another mean doctor!! I told mine that both my sons smoked in my house and he just gave me instructions on taking safety precautions.    Being the angel that I am I didn't mention my own smoking, LOL    Good luck
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #23 on: Apr 7th, 2008, 10:59am »

You're a right-sider, aren't you? Looks like your right eye is your cluster eye.
IP Logged

beachmusic

Email

« Reply #24 on: Apr 7th, 2008, 1:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Think it is the camera reversing things~~~Clusters in my left eye and then my right eye droops  Wink Wink That was taken when out of cycle even and I am still virtually one eyed. Oh these beastly things!  They have so much to offer us....
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2008, 1:40pm by beachmusic » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss