Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 8:06am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « HA lasted for 2 days. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   HA lasted for 2 days.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: HA lasted for 2 days.  (Read 679 times)
sgarner
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

HA lasted for 2 days.
« on: Apr 7th, 2008, 11:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I had a cluster hit at 3 friday afternoon. It let go to shadow like symptoms that night and lingered like that all Saturday. Saturday night it came back with a vengeance and I thoughtI would have to go to the hospital.  Imitrex, oxygen, an ultracet and 3 esgics didn't seem to dent it. Sunday I had 2-3 on Kip Scale all day long till I had a nap and it went away till ab obout 10 that night.  I have had varying 2-3 Kip to 7-8 kips since last night.

I have been chronic for 3 years but I just don't ever remember having one last bascially 48 hours in varying intensity.  Very tender head between temple and my ear.

Is this odd or just par for the course.
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

Re: HA lasted for 2 days.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 12:28am »

A doctor I ain't, mate, but if you're looking for sympathy, empathy or just a shoulder to cry on then you have it here by the truck-load.

I had a cycle start out of the blue some years back, and while all the hits were relatively low intensity, the bruising each one left was almost as bad as what had gone before and I swear the bastage had me by the ear for fully five days and nights on the trot.

We have an OTC med here in Oz called panadol or panadiene and I found that a couple of these washed down with seriously strong, hot coffee would help a lot.  I don't know the American name for the product but our good friend Chewy assures me you can get just the same stuff.

By way of disclaimer, I also learned the hard way that if two don't work then neither will four, six or eight.  Wasn't a pretty sight, I can promise.

All the best, mate, and only good days ahead.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 8:05am »

sounds like you had a migraine throughout along with Cluster attacks
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 10:11am »

Guess I'm lucky, 12-18 hours is the max I've ever actually "hurt." Like E-dub said, you may have a combo type headache issue, cluster migrains? Just your luck huh? Undecided Good luck that's a tough road.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 11:16am »

Mine are similar sounding to what you described.  I get a 10 hit that last for 1 1/2 hours long then shadows for a half hour.  Then a repeat of that times 8.  I am chronic.  I am so glad for medicines that keep me pain free now so I don't have to live that vicious pain cycle.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Superdave
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 11:45am »

sgarner I'm also chronic.

I've gotten hit bad for several hours followed by a pesky HA that will last all day simular to what your describing. I think my record for pain runs about 24 hours. Its a cluster attack that is followed up by a different feeling steady pain on the same side of my head for hours. Sometimes advil will help with this but it usually does'nt go away until I can get a good sleep.

PF vibes your way

Superdave
IP Logged

Wow! you mean it's just in my head?
starlight
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 12:28pm »

Sgarner,

That sucks.  When I am at peak of cycle I will get one night where I will get hit with a badass hit that won't respond to O2--it will suck worse than anything, last for over an hour, finally rev down and then rev right back up again immediately.  I have been lucky as this has happend past 2 cycles and my boyfriend was able to find expired Imitrex when it revved back up.  Also at that point, he went out and got me benadryl (got that idea here and figured it was time to use it).  That let me sleep for a few hours and then got hit again.  Then next day will have constant pain behind eye--like a CH hangover.  But anyway, honestly I think that CH is capable of some really bad shit--like I wonder what would have happend if he hadn't found the expired Imitrex and got me benadryl...would it have kept doing that reving down and then right back up--needless to say it would not have been  
pleasant.  Try benadryl.  It might help.  Let us know how you are doing.
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2008, 12:29pm by starlight » IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 9:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I've felt that too, its like a cluster hangover or something. It usually happens when my cycle peaks, and the hits are frequent and most deadly.

o2 helps to suck it up.

Hang tough dude.

Sean..........................
IP Logged
Rosebuddy
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 9:40pm »

I had one last Thursday that lasted all day, but never got past a 5.  I went to work but sure wasn't very productive.  I was afraid I was having rebounds from Imitrex (had taken it every day for about a week), so tried not to take any.  By 6 p.m. I couldn't stand it and took the Imitrex (tablet), but it did no good.  Took Melatonin at 9, went to sleep, woke up PF and have been basically PF since!  A couple of mild shadows crushed into submission by a Red Bull is all since then.  If I had known that the day of suffering would result in 4 (or maybe more?) PF days, I might have been a better sport about it.  As it is, I'm surprised I have any friends left.  Boy, was I crabby.  Everyone seemed to know better than to make any suggestions, anyway. Angry  But I'm a happy camper now!  Hope you have a similar experience soon.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss