Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 3:56am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « C'mon, seriously?!  I thought you left... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   C'mon, seriously?!  I thought you left...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: C'mon, seriously?!  I thought you left...  (Read 2734 times)
msussman
New Board Newbie
USA 

C'mon, seriously?!  I thought you left...
« on: Apr 11th, 2008, 8:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My current cycle started in late November/early December...that puts me at almost 4.5 months now, which is long enough to have me kinda worried.  My usual stand-bys weren't working this cycle, so I tried clusterbusting for the first time a couple months ago.  It would usually work for about 5 days, then HAs would start up like clockwork again on Day 6.

Anyway, I was convinced my last busting event about 3 weeks ago was the one, the headaches were finally going out with a whimper...After short, occasional Kip 1-4s, my last headache was a measly Kip 2 over a week ago.

Now, tonight, as if out of nowhere, I wake up clawing my face off with a raging Kip 9...what gives?!  No alcohol or other precipitating triggers - this was not on the schedule!

Anyone else ever experience a "last hurrah" at the end of their cycle?  Am I just fooling myself that I'm really at the end?

I confess, I'm mostly just whining and moaning here, but you know how it is...
IP Logged
Superdave
New Board Veteran
USA 

Re: C'mon, seriously?!  I thought you left...
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11th, 2008, 9:15pm »

I'm chronic so I can't help you with ending a cycle.  

But please bitch and whine all you like. It’s included in your membership

I would expect more cursing and colorful metaphors though
IP Logged

Wow! you mean it's just in my head?
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11th, 2008, 9:31pm »

Quote:
I was convinced my last busting event about 3 weeks ago was the one

It's possible you wounded it badly busting but the final nail in the coffin wasn't secured against its afterlife arising, a hit that strong definitely hints at a presence of some strength.  Whether it's a fluke or not could be revealed again soon.
  Maybe a follow up dose in step, before it gathers steam again and then another death blow in five days, but I'm not even a busting novice.

IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 11th, 2008, 9:46pm »

on Apr 11th, 2008, 9:15pm, Superdave wrote:
I'm chronic so I can't help you with ending a cycle.  

But please bitch and whine all you like. It’s included in your membership

I ditto, Dave......I was chronic for 31 years and we need to hear it like it is.....and im not kidding!

Blast away, bro!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

« Reply #4 on: Apr 11th, 2008, 10:14pm »

holy crap!!!!! Are you stealing my identity.  I am going through exactly the same thing....4.5 months and worried, CBing for the first time because normal meds not working, have to do it every 5 days because on day 5 things start to ramp up.

I haven't had a real HA in 8 days but get some degree of shadowing every day.  I hope never to get another kip 9 like you did.  I feel your frustration and wishing that this would just give us a break.  All I can tell you is to keep doing what you are doing and hopefully we are buying some relief til it finally comes to an end
IP Logged
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

« Reply #5 on: Apr 12th, 2008, 2:52am »

try waiting ten days before busting again as the post dose ha's can crop up during this time and possibly up to 14 days
works for me Wink
Zany
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
msussman
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Apr 12th, 2008, 10:51am »

on Apr 11th, 2008, 9:15pm, Superdave wrote:

Color metaphor, you say?  Okay...it felt last night like some sadistic motherf***er thought it would be a good idea to try tying my optic nerve to the hitch on his Buick and then punching the thing full throttle.

Seriously, you ever get that feeling of, "Oh my f***ing God, I really think the eyeball is about to explode this time"?

on Apr 12th, 2008, 2:52am, zanychef wrote:
try waiting ten days before busting again as the post dose ha's can crop up during this time and possibly up to 14 days
works for me Wink
Zany

Ok, I'm tempted to bust again right away (it has been 3 weeks since the last time), but it sounds like I should wait a bit.  Fun...in that "can't wait for my eyeball to burst again" kind of way.
IP Logged
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 12th, 2008, 10:59am »

on Apr 12th, 2008, 10:51am, msussman wrote:
Color metaphor, you say?  Okay...it felt last night like some sadistic motherf***er thought it would be a good idea to try tying my optic nerve to the hitch on his Buick and then punching the thing full throttle.

Much better  Cool

Quote:
Seriously, you ever get that feeling of, "Oh my f***ing God, I really think the eyeball is about to explode this time"?

Yes, just this morning  Angry  
You're not alone my brother.  I hope you catch a break soon.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Balanchine
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #8 on: May 15th, 2008, 11:08pm »

The eyeball thing - that's a good one. I like the way these bad boys kind of get creative on you. Today, for instance, during my 5 hours of variable horror (that is, varying from horror to total horror to pretty much fucking terrible horror) I was able to experience the full panoply of pain, a veritable tour de pain, a pain geography lesson as it were, beginning as it always does above the right eye and branching to the temple and then radiating nicely to include the ear, thence to tease down the jawline and involve the teeth while the temple continued its mellifluous icepick dance (start with one pick, add another and then, just for variety, ask the second pick to bring along its friend: the power drill), but let's not leave our old buddy the eyeball out! No sirreee, gotta redden that little fella up and close him up good, and get the tears 'a flowin' and the nostril 'a closin' while Mr. Drill has changed bits to the 2 inch and upped the rpms, setting off a real nice rhythmic pulse to the agony that feels as though the entire bone structure of the face and skull is being shattered along with the attendant nervous system. Really quite an exciting display all in all if one weren't going through it. Oh, and then the real pain starts.
IP Logged
Transamdoug
New Board Newbie
USA 

Shout at the devil!

bonardidoug  
Email

« Reply #9 on: May 15th, 2008, 11:24pm »

Damn Balanchine, I'd say you hit the nail on the head...sorry, feels like that too! Yeah that beast has a sense of humour, just as hes walking away and you take your first relaxing breath in 2 hours he reaches back and swipes you again.
IP Logged

Sharing in pain and success...Doug
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss