Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 9:24pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Vision Problems »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Vision Problems
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Vision Problems  (Read 1129 times)
Gilliandrea
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

Vision Problems
« on: Apr 13th, 2008, 8:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have found that I get a lot of blurring during this cycle.

Does anyone else have this as I have only seen it mentioned due to meds? Or maybe I've not searched enough  Smiley

If I try to concentrate on anything my vision becomes blurry and tears streaming from my CH side eye (left).

Gill
IP Logged
beachmusic

Email

Re: Vision Problems
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13th, 2008, 9:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi and welcome Gill,

I am not sure if this is the same thing as what you are referring to but I also have alot of vision problems.  
Mine started when the cycle began and certainly are worse during and attack but now that the cycle seems to be winding down  Smiley  I am still very blurry eyed and cannot focus Embarassed.  
Not sure what if any medications you may be on but I am on Topamax and I believe this a side effect.
Alas I have  a delightful doctor who told me he would be unavailable to take my phone calls until my next appt.  sooo I will have to remain blurry eyed until then.  At that point I will no longer be seeing him.  
Hope this is of some help.  Good luck to you.
Mary Ann Smiley
IP Logged
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13th, 2008, 9:50am »

Hi Gill,

If you mean blury due to excessive tearing of the CH eye then yes, I get it too.  I'm a right sider and that eye tears constantly - even between the hits.

If you mean a loss of the eye's ability to focus I'd get that checked out by your Neurologist.  Visual disturbances are not a typical cluster symptom.

Good luck...

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Gilliandrea
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

« Reply #3 on: Apr 13th, 2008, 9:53am »

Thanks for the feedback

I just got the beast back on 9 April and I am still on my build up with verapamil which I hope will take true effect from about 24 April at the latest. In the meantime I am using the Imigran (Imitrex) nasal sprays and injections with the hopes of getting O2 from my consultant on wednesday.

During my HA's I don't even think about looking at anything.
However I find that I have constant shadows throughout the day with 2/3 HA's kip 4/5 and a kip 7 to 10 waking me at 2.30am. And being totally exhausted all the time.

Mary Ann
Your current Dr seems to be a real idiot, hope you find better luck with a new Dr.

Dennis
It is focusing that I meant, as I am seeing the consultant on Wednesday I will definitely bring this up.
But I do find that the tearing in my CH eye is almost constant.  

Gill
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2008, 9:58am by Gilliandrea » IP Logged
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 13th, 2008, 6:40pm »

When I'm getting hit, I can't focus on anything. When a high cycle hits me, I can't focus for days, even to the point of not being able to drive.

When I was episodic, and was in cycle, the side I'd get hit on, that eye was blurry. After I turned chronic, I'd get into a "cycle" and have blurry vision on the side I'm getting hit on. My neuro says this is normal. It goes away after the "cycle" is over. My normal hits, I have a bit of blurriness, but it goes away within a few hours of the hit ending.

edit to add: I couldn't get new glasses I needed during my first cycle, due to the not quite being able to focus for months. I saw an opthamologist first, because of the pain in my eye, and he said it was neurological. So did my neuro.  

When I'm in a cycle, there's no going to the eye doc for glasses, I can't focus, even with corrective lenses...
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2008, 6:44pm by purpleydog » IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 14th, 2008, 7:07am »

After my surgery (I had some optic nerve damage from that) my left eye is blurred some days and other days it's clear -- never know till I wake up which way it's gonna be...   glasses don't help.  My right eye is fine most of the time, so I just look at things half blurred.  

Sometimes drops help. Since Jonny shared his Visine secret, I've been using them when I'm blurred and they seem to help.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

midwestbeth
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 14th, 2008, 3:36pm »

I've noticed this too.  I'm a lefty (ch) and the vision in my left eye has always been worse than in my right.  I was just thinking last night that my vision must be getting worse because even with my glasses, I still have a problem seeing clearly.  My Rx for my glasses is only a little over a year old.

Beth
IP Logged

Do more than exist - live
Do more than touch - feel
Do more than look - observe
Do more than read - absorb
Do more than hear - listen
Do more than listen - understand
~ John Rhodes
CostaRicaKris
New Board Veteran
USA 

Currently training for AFC half Marathon

CostaRicaKris  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 14th, 2008, 8:32pm »

I thought I was getting old. I bought reading glasses at the drug store.
IP Logged

Visit my website: http://www.active.com/donate/amnhealthcare/KristinaMorris to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running
Gilliandrea
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

« Reply #8 on: Apr 16th, 2008, 11:36am »

Thanks to everyone who gave me the "low down" on their own experience. Wink

I was at the consultant today and she has said that it is not uncommon for CH sufferers to have blurry vision throughout their cycle.  Undecided

I am quite badly short sighted anyway so I can't get a new prescription from the optician until the current cycle ends, and as far as trying to drive, not a chance!!! Sad

Well at least I have a good looking chauffeur  Grin Grin in my DH.
IP Logged
Rosebuddy
New Board Newbie
USA 

Re: Vision ProblemsA
« Reply #9 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 7:54am »

Well, I feel like a complete dope!  Just like most of you, when I started this cycle I was desperate to figure out what triggered it, and my vision was less than perfect.  So I went in to see the optometrist, and after a prolonged session got a new prescription.  Got the glasses, and couldn't see out of them at all!  So I made another appointment, and by then the cycle had ended. Cheesy  Another exam, new lenses, and now I can see.  It just never occurred to me that the CH's were causing the vision problems.  Duh.  Once again, you fellow sufferers have been the source of a revelation.  PF days to all of you!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss