Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 7:14am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Searching for answers »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Searching for answers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Searching for answers  (Read 988 times)
prest
New Board Newbie
England 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Searching for answers
« on: Apr 17th, 2008, 8:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi guys,

I'm new to this site and stumbled across it when looking for a name for my symptoms.

I am still not sure if what I am experiencing are CH's or not but Here are my symptoms.

Certain periods of the year I will get mild headaches that hang around for what long periods, go away, come back etc. They are focuses on the left side behind/above my eye and cause a red, scratchy eye feeling and my pupil is sometimes smaller than the right.

During these phases I can feel lightheaded or woosy and certainly not myself. If I have red wine, I will find that I awake with an intense pressure behind/over my eye which feels bareable if I walk around for a while then try and get back to sleep.

Does this sound like a CH?

I have had this for years but the frequency is getting more and more - severity or lack of it is still the same.

Please can anyone comment.  

Thanks

Prest.
IP Logged
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

Re: Searching for answers
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 8:42am »

Hello, Prest.

It sounds as if it's something to have checked out, particularly if it's causing you concern--but it doesn't sound at all like CH.

on Apr 17th, 2008, 8:02am, prest wrote:

Certain periods of the year I will get mild headaches

Have you seen a physician about them?

Best wishes,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 10:00am »

Does not sound like classic CH symptoms. I agree with George, while the net is useful for educating yourself, it's a far distant second to havving a doc check you out. There are literally hundreds of headache types, a solid diagnosis is the first step in an effective treatment plan. Wishing you luck on the diagnostic journey and some pain free time soon!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 10:09am »

If pain persists, see your doctor, as the two good Gs have already mentioned. Just bear in mind that the average doctor knows remarkable little about the many different types of headache (not their fault) and mis-diagnosis is horribly common.

Keep searching always because knowlege is your best weapon and whether it's Cluster Headache or not we'll help you in any way we can.

IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 12:21pm »

on Apr 17th, 2008, 8:02am, prest wrote:
Hi guys,

Certain periods of the year I will get mild headaches that hang around for what long periods, go away, come back etc. They are focuses on the left side behind/above my eye and cause a red, scratchy eye feeling and my pupil is sometimes smaller than the right.

Prest.

Could be phantom headaches. They've been discussed in the past. The "mild headaches" are the part that doesn't sound like CH to me.  

But as others have said -- get to a doc and get diagnosed. Could be something serious that only tests will show up...

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 4:14pm »

Take the "cluster quiz" (left) and a like test on the OUCH site. These are not absolute tests but give a decent idea of whether you have CH or not.

However, some people who are in the earliest stage of developing CH often have changing/wandering symptoms which are not classic. If your symptoms change over several months, even a couple of years, all you can do is wait until some stability emerges.

However, again !  Sudden, dramatic pain or change in pain pattern calls for immediate evaluation.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 5:41pm »

Listen to Bob's advice.

Take the CH quiz, 4th button down on the left of your screen.  Also go to OUCH.com and read the information there.

Keep a daily diary of when you start/stop with headache pain, what you did that day, what you ate/drank, etc.  Detailed diary.

Take your diary along with info you have learned here, and at OUCH to your doctor.  You need a confirmed diagnosis.

It may be CH, but then, again, it may be something more serious.  You need a confirmed diagnosis, then methods, medications, and treatments can be prescribed for you.

Keep us up to date.  We are here for you.

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss