Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 1:08pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Worst ever... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Worst ever...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Worst ever...  (Read 1084 times)
Buzz
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Worst ever...
« on: Apr 17th, 2008, 9:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

3 day, 3 nights without dropping below about Kip3. maximum 30 minutes between big kip7-9 hits. nothing is working. 5 tanks of o2  0 no relief... I'm guessing 16-20 headaches/day. exhausted, insane with pain/frustration... please send vibes...
IP Logged

The cure is out there somewhere...
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

Re: Worst ever...
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 9:54am »

Perhaps you should consider an in-patient IV DHE treatment. If it works for you the same way it worked for me, you'll be bored silly within 4 hours.

Keeping you in my thoughts.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 9:57am »

Have you tried a prednisone taper? When all else failed in the past it would buy me 10 days of pain free time. Just enough to catch your breath again. Hang in there. Undecided

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Batch
New Board Old Timer
USA 

FOX 2 - Check 6

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 12:21pm »

Buzz,

What flow rate are you using for your oxygen therapy?  15 liters/minute is the minimum and even that flow rate will not be effective in aborting some attacks at Kip-7 and almost none at Kip-8 without staying on it for 30 to 50 minutes.  

There are several constant flow regulators capable of 25 liters/minute available over the Internet.  Increasing the flow rate will improve the efficacy of oxygen therapy.

Hang in there,

V/R, Batch
IP Logged

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, not any before nor after, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. Man has one virginity to lose in fighters, and if it is a lovely airplane he loses it to, there is where his heart will forever be.
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #4 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 12:38pm »

I can't even breath much over 15 lpm and generally, after about minute or two dial it down to 12 lpm as I'm at a rate that is even with my breathing going into the bag.  25 lpm seems like it would just blow off a lot wastefully.
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
KatzPurr
New Board Newbie
USA 

10+ OUCH!

16090505 16090505     KatzPurr2

« Reply #5 on: Apr 18th, 2008, 1:21am »

Undecided My heart goes out to you Buzz. I cannot even fathom such a severe bout as you've described. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope you can find something for relief soon. I would agree that a pred. taper is the way to go to at least get you some PF time.
IP Logged

KatzPurr's Purrrrrrr Palace
http://www.myspace.com/jlabax
superhawk2300
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18th, 2008, 8:05am »

Sending you PF vibes..............hang in there buddy
IP Logged
Buzz
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Apr 18th, 2008, 12:41pm »

To all those with kind words and support, THANK YOU!!!

The head is still giving me a fair amount of up-hill, but its not as bad - several hours pain free last night and today only  a few hits of oxygen (it ran out about an hour before the resupply arrived - who'd have thought that 5 ugly O2 cylinders could be so coveted!!!)

My cycles seem to start with a slow, sporadic build-up then a spectacular "main event" when they just attack and attack without a break for 2/3 days, then they calm down to something manageable...

In the meantime, I am enjoying all the wonderful twitches and spasms that I think are a gift from Messers Red Bull...  

IP Logged

The cure is out there somewhere...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss