Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 5:39pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Has anyone ever had »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Has anyone ever had
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Has anyone ever had  (Read 1032 times)
syrs842
New Board Newbie
USA 

A GOOD NITE SLEEP ALL AROUND

ptsayers
Email

Has anyone ever had
« on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 5:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi this is Pat
I would like to know if after a severe severe CH if anyone had any side effects like numbing of the face and earache. I had a real bad night last night the worst I've ever had. If it happens tonight emergency room here I come. My poor family didn't know what to do, they did the right thing and just left me to my own vises.
 Cry. I did find out however crying is not good when your in that much pain, it clogs the sinuses more and there is no way to breath.
So back to the after effects, does any get them?

Thanks  
Pat
IP Logged

Pat
mezza
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Has anyone ever had
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 6:40pm »

Hi pat-

Sorry you are having such a painful time-  My whole neck and face has lingering pain after a real hard hit especially my temple and brow line.

The numbing-  happens after i do an imitrex stat dose-

As for the ER- many here have posted about trips to the ER- looking for any relief only to report that either ha was gone by time they were seen or were given meds that may or may not be effective for CHA since so few dr really understand CH.    

Batch ( I think) has provided in the past a link for an emergency medical card that you and your doctor can fill out in case of trips to the er- so that they can be familiar with CH and your treatment -  Maybe Batch can tell you more about it?

Have you seen a neurologist yet to help get you with the proper treatment- abortives, and preventatives , and O2?

Hope things get better for you real soon-  Those really bad CH are the worst and make you dread nightime again! Undecided
IP Logged
Becky
New Board Junior
Great_Britain 

Welcome to my world   Now go home!!!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 7:13pm »

Hi Pat, hope you start to get some PFT real soon.
I don't get the numbing, I tend to lose my grip in my right hand(side of cluster) and I am slightly disorientated.
IP Logged
syrs842
New Board Newbie
USA 

A GOOD NITE SLEEP ALL AROUND

ptsayers
Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 7:33pm »

I have seen a neurologist in the past but can't afford to go back no insurance. He has me on Lyrica, it is not working any more,  and I am running out of all the freebies he gave me. I have a perscription but I can't afford to get it filled. (hense the ER) I hoping they can do something for me.  
I haven't hand the tingling in my left (CH side) arm yet if I did I probably would think I was having a heart attack, so I hoppe i doesn't happen.
I am going to a clinic in the morning, I know that sounds bad, but maybe after I explain my symptoms and show them a few things I have printed out, they will be able to help me for now.
Thanks for your responses,
Pat
IP Logged

Pat
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 7:53pm »

Hi Pat,

I'm sorry your getting nailed and your weapons are letting you down.

Have you tried energy drinks?  Slam one at the first sign of a HA and it can abort or at least keep the hit to a reasonable level.

Is there a fire station near you?  If you (can?) explain what is going on they may let you use their O2 in a pinch.  15 minutes on 100% O2 @ 15lpm early enough in the hit can stop a CH dead in its tracks for me.

Others can help you sort out a welder's kit.  It's not too expensive and contains the same O2 that finds its way into medical tanks.

I hope you find some relief soon.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
mezza
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 9:11pm »

Great idea about printing off the information to bring to the clinic-  that way you armed to get your treatment going in the right direction- maybe some more samples too  

I'm sorry you are having such a bad time-  It makes me desparate -

I have used red bulls too to abort definitely a cheaper alternative or a couple of strong black coffees at the first sign of a hit can abort for me sometimes

Some have had success with melatonin at night to avoid night time hits ( i've seen various doses posted  - 3 mg up to 12 mg taken before bed)

Read all you can!!  

Wishing you the best    Smiley

Kelly  

IP Logged
CostaRicaKris
New Board Veteran
USA 

Currently training for AFC half Marathon

CostaRicaKris  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:57pm »

No numbing. I'm very sore and tender after a hit. I get an ear ache type of pain before an attack.
IP Logged

Visit my website: http://www.active.com/donate/amnhealthcare/KristinaMorris to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running
bnewman
New Board Newbie
USA 

IT CAN'T LAST FOREVER!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:58pm »

Hi Pat  
 You are not alone after a really bad CH the left side of my face from my upper jaw bone to my forehead are numb. And usually the next day I can't stand to chew on that side because it is so sore..I went to ER several time because of this but the only thing I ever get out of the trip is more bills... So anyway GOOD LUCK...
       Brenda Cry
IP Logged

Brenda
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 26th, 2008, 3:41pm »

Sorry you're getting blasted Pat, I really do feel for you.  There might be some side effects going on with you with the drug LYRICA.  Go ahead and do a google with that drug and its side effects.  

In recalling some of my past really big ones, I do believe that I experienced some numbness, temporary.

You might luck up in the emergency room, might not.  I never had gone because after taking your family history, getting insurance information, and waiting in line, your headache would probably be gone anyway.

Best of luck to you,
John
IP Logged
starlight
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Apr 26th, 2008, 9:56pm »

My last cycle I had a lot of ear pain in left ear during attacks.  Numbing of face--hmmm--I don't know about that--don't think so.  I hope you get some relief soon.
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #10 on: Apr 27th, 2008, 1:06pm »

What your having are autonomic symtoms. Topical parathesia, tinnitis, horners syndrome, bruised feeling,sensation of heat, the list goes on. Your not alone. These have been discussed here alot. hypothalamus gone WILD!
all the best
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Garys_Girl
New Board Veteran
USA 

Kill the Beast!

« Reply #11 on: Apr 28th, 2008, 11:05pm »

Yup.  Gary's face often feels numb towards the end of a bad attack on that side of his face.  He doesn't have the tinnitis or earache - he feels like he pulled a muscle in his neck at the base of his skull on the attack side.

Laurie
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2008, 11:06pm by Garys_Girl » IP Logged

"It's comin' like a freight train - can't you hear it?" - Gary
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss