Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 9:50pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Medicare woes & my doc knows Goadsby! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Medicare woes & my doc knows Goadsby!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Medicare woes & my doc knows Goadsby!  (Read 2117 times)
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

Medicare woes & my doc knows Goadsby!
« on: May 15th, 2008, 2:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well I just started seeing a wonderful neuro.  I like her alot and she seems to really, truly know her stuff!  Well she put me back on Topamax in combo with Verapamil (I've been on both before but not at the same time) also a pred taper.  She tried me on trex and again it failed to help me.  Sad

Now my medicare complaint.  She wants me to try O2 again.  It's been many years since I've had the tanks at home and I'm more than happy to give it a whirl again.  She knows all the info, that I need 12-15lpm/nonrebreather mask and all that without me telling her.  But medicare will not approve it without me having decreased lung capacitiy or something like that. grrrr.  She is trying to get around it but it's not looking good.  I will have secondary insurance through Sam's work in about 60days so I hopefully can get it that way then.  But still that just pisses me off!  What about the others out there with just medicare?!  It makes me upset for them.

Back to my new doc.  She knows Prof Goadsby!  She will be seeing him sometime in the near future at a conference at some kind!  Cool huh?  Also she is tossing around the idea of SUNCT being part of my headache prob, either in conjunction with Clusters and my migraines or not clusters at all?!  That's an odd notion.  But that might explain my med resistance all these years....  Time will tell.

edited for being typo queen
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2008, 2:34pm by Tara Ann » IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss