Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 17th, 2024, 11:02pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Does anybody know about Paroxysmal Hemicrania? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Does anybody know about Paroxysmal Hemicrania?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Does anybody know about Paroxysmal Hemicrania?  (Read 2803 times)
welshchipmonk
New Board Newbie
Wales 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Does anybody know about Paroxysmal Hemicrania?
« on: May 24th, 2008, 10:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All,

Dave is a bit better, the really severe attacks have notched down thank goodness, and we are waiting for an appointment in London at Queens Square to see the "CH" experts.  It has been suggested that Dave might have among other things Paroxysmal Hemicrania rather than CH.  I've read loads of the medical stuff about it, but havent heard of any sufferers and would love to know of anybody who has it to see how they are compared to Dave and also what sort of treaments work.

Suzie
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Does anybody know about Paroxysmal Hemicrania?
« Reply #1 on: May 24th, 2008, 11:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

One thing about Paroxysmal Hemicrania is that it's like 99.9% treatable with Indomethacin (sp).  

Attacks are only seconds to minutes long rather than 15-90 minutes long, and the  frequency is much greater, up to 20 attacks a day.  

It's a cousin to CH but mush easier treated.  I hope this is Daves issue as then he can be PF musch sooner than later.

Let us  know if this sounds more like his symptoms, and keep us posted.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss