Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Going to 3 different Doc's in the next week.... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Going to 3 different Doc's in the next week....
« Previous topic | No topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Going to 3 different Doc's in the next week....  (Read 201 times)
Carl_D

Email

Going to 3 different Doc's in the next week....
« on: Sep 30th, 2003, 4:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Got an appointment with my GP, an appointment with a neuro for my hand injury (almost crippled my guitar playing, but I can play - only now my middle finger doesn't pull back all the way and I can no longer play keyboards or piano) and also for the CH and CPH; and back to the pain management Doc I saw a couple of months ago. Gonna tell that guy, I am not managing with pain very well. Imitrex is working on 75% of the CH's (but not stopping the ones I wake up with), but my jaws ACHE with the weather changing from the TMJ crap, and the back of my head doesn't stop pounding. What sucks about pain meds with the CH is, it masks the intro you normally get when a CH is coming on, so when it hits, it is almost full force before I have the needle in my arm pumping Trex.  
I'm just a little frustrated. When I see the pain management Doc, I am gonna tell him I thought it was pretty lame for him to write a prescript, not even discuss the med with me, and have the receptionist hand it to me as I am walking out the door. I want to know what med he is putting me on, what it will do, and side effects. Already taking enough shit to bring down a mule; don't need more kindlewood for the fire in my head. I need RESULTS!

Just bitching a bitsy,
Carl D
IP Logged
UnsolvedEquation

Email

Re: Going to 3 different Doc's in the next week...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30th, 2003, 11:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Goodluck Carl. I can't imagine a doctor prescribing meds and not even talking to you about it. I've never had that happen to me. Sounds like you may have been butting into his golfing time. ?
IP Logged
Turts
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight

Email

Re: Going to 3 different Doc's in the next week...
« Reply #2 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 3:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey Carl,
Ive been caught out with this too. Now I make a point of asking the whatis it /what are the side effects etc.

I guess its one of those learn from your mistakes situations.

Wishing you all the best with all apointments.

IP Logged

'I'm very brave generally,' he went on in a low voice: 'only today I happen to have a headache.' (Lewis Carroll)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | No topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss