Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 11:01am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « RF results ... 1 week after »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   RF results ... 1 week after
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: RF results ... 1 week after  (Read 267 times)
UnsolvedEquation

Email

RF results ... 1 week after
« on: Sep 30th, 2003, 11:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

A few of you have asked about weather the RF (radio frequency) procedure has helped me ...
It's been 1 week...I've had shadows 5 days and 1 severe attack that woke me out of my sleep. 2 PFD's total since the procedure. Although I haven't been getting hit really hard lately, I'm not too sure if it has helped or not. I know that along with the procedure, I was injected with steroids (in my neck) ... so actually it could be the steroid injection that has helped out so far. Time will tell. Also, the full effect of the RF procedure isn't expected for 4 - 6 weeks
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Re: RF results ... 1 week after
« Reply #1 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 4:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

UE,
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I had the Stereotactic Radiofrequency Trigeminal Rhizotomy back in 99 and for a few weeks thought things were going to work out (except for the optic nerve damage) but then found out it didn't work.  

But, if it doesn't work (and from the research I've done they work better on TN than CH) don't let it get to you like I did. BECAUSE - there is something out there that can help. It took about 6 or 8 months after my surgery before we found it, but out of the clear one morning we FOUND a drug that did help and I've been in "remission" (well, for the most part) ever since.  

Yours doesn't sound as radical as mine was. Is your face numb? The whole left side of my face is and will be (as far as I know forever). If you have the numbness, a Tens Machine (or whatever they call the things now - it's something else, but the same principal) on the face stimulates the nerves and really helps. It also seems to ease the CH pain some. You might ask about one of those little machines. I've had one for years and use it several times a week.  

Topamax was the drug that finally helped me. It was still in the trial stages then, but was almost an instant preventative for me (after 2 years of being almost an invalid because of these things).  

I've been watching your progress and hoping that you'll be one of the lucky ones that this will "cure". Maybe these HAs that you're having right now are just a few "left over" that had to come out. Keep us informed.  

Hugs  BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #2 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 5:24am »

That's a lot less hits than you were getting right ??  

Sending healing vibes your way for the procedure to prove a success !!!!!!!!!  Good luck !
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 10:29am »

You're a trooper.  I have my fingers crossed for ya.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 6:50pm »

crossin my fingers too..........good luck... ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 6:58pm »

Hope'n the procedure woorks for you UnsolvedEquation and you become a PF person !! Pam with fingers crossed over the toes  Wink
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss