Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 11:14am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Smoking »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Smoking
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Smoking  (Read 307 times)
Charlie M
New Board Newbie
USA 

laugh and the world laughs with you

Email

Smoking
« on: Oct 1st, 2003, 5:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey guys....I have a question  ??? Charlie is a smoker (Yes thats right  Shocked  a smoker with a heart condition.... Undecided ) He seems to think that having a cigarette brings on an attack...Is this true? He has most of his attacks from late afternoon on into the evening, He has been having his last cigarette at 2 pm in the afternoon...then complains that he wants a cigarette for the rest of the night, especially when he is feelin ok..and since we have the 02 he has been much better but now the erge to have a cigarette is greater....He is driving me nuts!
IP Logged

IN ORDER TO ENJOY THE SUN WE HAVE TO EXPERENCE THE RAIN
Charlie M
New Board Newbie
USA 

laugh and the world laughs with you

Email

Re: Smoking
« Reply #1 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 5:55pm »

oops sorry...I didn't realize I was logged in under his name...LOL this is Chia
IP Logged

IN ORDER TO ENJOY THE SUN WE HAVE TO EXPERENCE THE RAIN
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 5:56pm »

Smoking irritates an attack for me, but does not trigger one.  Not smoking does not trigger them either for me.
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 6:41pm »

smoking and 02 make me nervous.............. though i saw alot of that at the convention... be careful... ps Chia most of these guys and girls are butt feinds........... ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Big Dan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

SMASH BRAIN!

Danboyceccg   DanielNBoyce
Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 7:15pm »

on Oct 1st, 2003, 6:41pm, Ree wrote:
smoking and 02 make me nervous.............. though i saw alot of that at the convention... be careful... ps Chia most of these guys and girls are butt feinds........... ree

.... tryanus.

-Big Dan
IP Logged

Not going anywhere for a while?...

... Grab a Snickers, Fatass.
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 8:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

If I feel an attack coming on, I know a cig will just make it come on stronger, so I avoid it altogether.
However, the first thing I want after an attack is a cig.

Peece,
Carl D
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 8:59pm »

The evidence is inconclusive about smoking and CH. However, never have I met such a high percentage of smokers than on this board. It's more than twice the national average and many years ago, I too was a heavy smoker.  

In any case, it's a bad and expensive habit.

Mean Old Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 9:09pm »

We've had a few who QUIT smoking and doing O2 at the SAME time -- oops Embarassed  Caused a little bit of a problem.  

But I can't tell one way or the other. I seem to smoke more when I'm in an attack. Gives me something to do I guess.  

BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

CC

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 9:19pm »

smokin helps me cope with an attack, i don't think it brings them on though, i'm usually doing nothing when an attack coimes, then once it hits i light up a smoke. I guess you can say i smoke more while getting hit then when i am pain free!!
IP Logged
Lone_Wolf_FLA
New Board Newbie

Who Knew?!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 9:24pm »

Can't say smoking makes things any better or worse, still I do it. (No "oh-two" though.)
IP Logged
FrankF
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 9:32pm »

I smoke two packs per day whether I am in cycle or not. I have not noticed any difference. They don't bring on an attack, and I have puffed on a cigarette many times during an attack... even while doing O2  Shocked
IP Logged
5-string
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Nothing is accomplished without passion

Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 11:02pm »

Until 4 weeks ago I smoked 1-1 1/2 packs a day of Lucky Strike filterless (a fine tobacco btw...lsmft) I've been trying to quit with the patch. The patch works great when I remember to put it on in the morning. When I do, I can go all day without it bugging me that much.When I don't, I make it till around noon then I'm bummin smokes.
 anyway, The reason I'm trying to quit (aside from the obvious reasons one should quit) is to see if it helps when the next cycle comes around. I did have an experience at a very smoky bar one night,everyone was smoking including me. Had'nt been hit with bad one in a few days than "Bam" got nailed really hard, couldn't drive home, none of that. My neurolist thought it was due to the lack of oxygen in the place. Makes sense to me. It was'nt alcohol because I don't drink no more.
  Good luck,
..Mark..
IP Logged
Dave_Emond
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 2nd, 2003, 5:22am »

Might sound strange ... but after an attack, I need a smoke. It's kinda like telling myself I'm back and can relax somewhat.
 Never been a trigger though, course I can only pin point two triggers these days: Lying down flat on my back and for some reason cold wind seems to be becoming a trigger ... don't get why that is?
Dave
IP Logged

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our minds off our goals.
Lissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 2nd, 2003, 7:24am »

Smoking is a trigger for me.
IP Logged

Episodic cluster survivor since 1995 at age 16.
stuey

Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:15am »

Doesn't seem to be a trigger for me either.  Like it was said earlier I definitely smoke immediately after one, maybe cause I'm so devastated.  Stuey
IP Logged
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:20am »

I smoke during an attack if I can get the damned thing lit... Light goddamn it!  LIGHT!

PFDAN......................................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss