Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 2:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « My latest PayPal scam email »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Daily Chat
   General Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   My latest PayPal scam email
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My latest PayPal scam email  (Read 1079 times)
chewy

Email

My latest PayPal scam email
« on: Dec 31st, 2007, 9:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Says I sent a a payment to an Ebay seller in the amount of $46.00. I can get a refund by clicking the link.

Know who I sent it to?

Tom Smith.

LMAO. Get creative for Christs Sake!

TOM SMITH ??  LOL
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: My latest PayPal scam email
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31st, 2007, 10:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Shoud have it  sent to Ali, or Chtom, or Piratg.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 31st, 2007, 10:13pm »

Name could have been better.  In Nigeria, Aminu Bashir could mean reliable, trustworthy, bringer of good news.  Such credibility, what were they thinking.  

Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2007, 10:25pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

!Privet! !OLA! !wassup! PARABELLUM

orangemod260500  

« Reply #3 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 2:30am »

Oh my God!!!! You mean the Princess Mabuta from The Ivory Coast is really not in love with me...GASP !!!

Crikey, she has my banking information. Just when I thought I had my own African Queen to share a palace with...DRATS !!!  foiled again laugh laugh laugh
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

I do look like my avatar...But I swear to God I am not a bag of aqua colored french fries

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others!!
chewy

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 4:18pm »

Heres a pic of the "Princess" that sent you the email. Now you can keep her in your wallet!

IP Logged
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 6:21pm »

Is this the same one, I got 2 so far.

Cheers
Barry

"Dear PayPal Member,

This email confirms that you have sent an eBay payment of $46.85 USD to franz2nutty@yahoo.com for an eBay item using PayPal.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Payment Details

Transaction ID:  8H273150XN522260H  
Item Price:  $46.85 USD  
Total:  $46.85 USD  
Order Description:  Digimax 134  
Item/Product Number:  
(4198125020)  

Note: If you haven't authorized this charge ,click the link below to dispute transaction and get full refund

Dispute transaction (Encrypted Link )  

*SSL connection: PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available)  

Item Information

eBay User ID:  a1paramount  
Name:  Thomas Smith  
Address:  809 Mallory Court  
City:  Tyler, TX 75703  
State:  United States  

Thomas Smith has provided an Unconfirmed Address. If you are planning on shipping items to Thomas Smith, please check the Transaction Details page of this payment to find out whether you will be covered by the PayPal Seller Protection Policy.  

If your email program has problems with hypertext links, then you may also confirm your email address by logging into your PayPal account at www.paypal.com/us. On your My Account page you will find a "Confirm Your Email Address" link. Click on this link and enter the following confirmation number:

1242-2584-9350-3815-5762

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
"
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
chewy

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 6:33pm »

Yup. That guy sure sells a lot of Digimax 134s
IP Logged
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

!Privet! !OLA! !wassup! PARABELLUM

orangemod260500  

« Reply #7 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 6:34pm »

A clever one is the cashiers cheque trick.

A guy contacts me about a drum kit I have for sale in newsgroups. Tells me: "Dave, I'll send you a cashiers cheque for $2,100...you subtract the $400 and send me the difference. It is money I am owed from an American contact...I trust you. Someone will be there in a week to pick up the drums"

Having busted scammers for a hobby (so to speak) I knew right away it was a scam.

I got thinking??? Wheres the scam??? It is a cashiers cheque. I cash it, get paid & send the balance!?!?!?

hmmm, I got thinking and did a search. Turns out they do send you an official check. It goes into your bank account. Soon the bank discovers it is a forgery. Guess who is liable for the money!!!???

Didn't really matter, I knew it was a scam and wasn't gonna fall for it anyways. But it took some searching to figure that one out.

A lot of people get scammed successfully every day.

I'd say just don't do anything that involved foreign checks, Western Union or giving out ANY info. that is damaging to you.
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

I do look like my avatar...But I swear to God I am not a bag of aqua colored french fries

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others!!
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 11:42pm »

Thanks kids.

According to paypal, I have the easiest password in the world to hack. I'm directed to links about once a week to "confirm" stuff or change my info there. Even I'm not this dumb.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 2nd, 2008, 7:05am »

I've received several ebay and paypal scams----but what really depresses me is that I have had several distant relatives die miserable deaths in Africa over the past three years, and they were filthy rich too !!!
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss