Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 4:04pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What did you learn from 2007 ? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Daily Chat
   General Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What did you learn from 2007 ?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What did you learn from 2007 ?  (Read 1874 times)
cosmicfunkfather
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I'll just blow myself into a permanent type nod...

Re: What did you learn from 2007 ?
« Reply #25 on: Jan 2nd, 2008, 8:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I learned that 2008 comes after 2007 ... Grin
IP Logged

To not know is bad, To not wish to know -- is worse. Wink
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #26 on: Jan 2nd, 2008, 8:41pm »

on Jan 2nd, 2008, 8:37pm, cosmicfunkfather wrote:
I learned that 2008 comes after 2007 ... Grin

Or is it 2007.1? Wink
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 2nd, 2008, 8:43pm »

Ya know...I was gonna say something along the lines of what Racer just said because that is true.  
 Or something else in that I learned that my neighbors are never ever going to take down their Christmas lights or move that car that's jacked up in their drive-way....and then I saw our "cosmic James"  post.

What I learned this year is that aside from all the crappy people...there are good people to know and meet.  James is one of them.  As is Cyn who I finally met this year.  And Tony...yes, life is good sometimes.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 2nd, 2008, 8:58pm »

on Jan 2nd, 2008, 8:11pm, Racer1_NC wrote:
people are not always what they appear to be.

Bingo, Bill.......at least with me you will never doubt what you are getting from day one!

I dont turn or bail, but I will speak my opinion.....thats how I roll!...whether you want to hear it or not its up to you!

I find myself saying what others only think and are afraid to say, thats fine with me.

I dont blow smoke, ever! Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #29 on: Jan 3rd, 2008, 1:33am »

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better.  The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumphs of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." Teddy Roosevelt

Love this quote!!!!!   Gonna try to be far less critical and much more brave in 2008!

kathy

IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #30 on: Jan 3rd, 2008, 2:01am »

Hmmm...

I learned that first impressions are sometimes wrong.

I learned that trust is over-rated.

I learned that when it comes right down to the wire... no matter how many people are around holding you up... we can only count on ourselves.

I learned that just when you think you can't take it anymore...somehow you find the strength to keep going.

I learned that attitude is everything...unless you're hormonal.

I learned that not letting a teenager get to me really ticks them off.

I learned that putting something out there often works.

I've also learned that it sometimes doesn't.

And I learned that chocolate is my enemy... but I've long lived by the motto:
Keeps your friends close, but your enemies closer.  Grin

Here's to a PF and prosperous 08...
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #31 on: Jan 3rd, 2008, 6:01am »

A few of my own, and then one I came to understand:

-Death awaits us all.

-You are, in effect, the master of your own life’s trajectory.

-I would not have believed it, but the simple act (or “non-act”) of stopping watching most TV news has positively changed my outlook and worldview.

-In the end you’re alone. All the friends, all the money, all the family won’t erase the point, that in the end, you’re alone.

-The things you don’t follow through on, or hope that others will do by default are the ones that end up biting you in the ass one day.

-A life well thought-out will prepare one better for the death which awaits us all.

-Growing up in a dysfunctional family creates a “reality” that is different than those who didn’t. Things that you think are acceptable in a dysfuntional family as a way of interacting with others are strange and foreign to those who grew up in families that operated normally.

-Family dysfunction never goes away. Your life will forever feel as though it was built like a house on an earthquake fault line.

-A spiritual turning point is the day you stop looking for all the reasons not to believe and begin only seeking answers to deepen your belief.

-I’ve never regretted letting someone know what effect they had on my life.

-Given the knowledge of one’s impending death, it is your responsibility to own your process.

Borrowed:
-"We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."  From the movie Magnolia.

Wink

Scott E
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #32 on: Jan 3rd, 2008, 8:42am »

I have learned an important thing.
When truth is in question the liar will try to make the story even more detailed, and the truthful person will usually just say I dont care what you think that is what happened.
Some times people want to help because they just want to help. No hidden agenda.

Mike
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #33 on: Jan 3rd, 2008, 8:59am »

on Jan 2nd, 2008, 8:11pm, Racer1_NC wrote:
This wasn't a lesson learned, more like knowledge reinforced: Even after a close examination.....things, situations, and people are not always what they appear to be.  

Bill

I learned that one back in 2006, a couple times in fact, but it still rings true today.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Angie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: Jan 3rd, 2008, 9:29am »

I have learned for this year to wear knee and elbow pads while riding my bike in the bush. My knees and elbows are scared from 2007 riding.

I have learned to take each day as it comes and let the past go.

And I have learned that if I can quit smoking I will get a new Bike this year, maybe I will fall less.  laugh

Everyone happy a prosperous 2008.

IP Logged
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #35 on: Jan 3rd, 2008, 9:35am »

Grin Grin I learned that no matter how hopeless a situation seems, if you just have faith and believe in yourself a solution will eventually present itself!
   2007 altered my life beyond explanation and I have recaptured everything I thought I had lost forever! Lost in Love! Pappy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss