Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 4:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Advil?tylenol?Thanks for your responses »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Daily Chat
   General Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Advil?tylenol?Thanks for your responses
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Advil?tylenol?Thanks for your responses  (Read 529 times)
colorsoverall

Email

Advil?tylenol?Thanks for your responses
« on: Jan 2nd, 2008, 10:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Seven years ago I started getting horrible headaches every night mostly while I was sleeping.  They attack my right side at the base of my neck and come around to my eye. Full blown I can't touch the right side of my head.  Of course, I went to the doctor.  She put me on medication for migraines which basically made me sick and didn't relieve the pain. I never found an answer and magically the headaches went away.  Until a year later.  Then I thought it must be allergies.  Went back to doc and more meds. No effect,but 8 weeks later they magically went away until next year.  I think yall are getting the theme.  It was heart breaking to read your stories, but in some sad way since no one seems to have a clue why I get these, I felt a bit of comfort finding others that are dealing.  It may be hard to believe but I felt a little relief thinking I might have a name for this.  I soo appreciate your honesty and I'm terrified to start the search over.  Goodluck with your journeys.
IP Logged
Jimi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Who loves ya baby!

Hendrix1473  
WWW Email

Re: Advil?tylenol?Thanks for your responses
« Reply #1 on: Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You explained it much better in this thread than the other one. It DOES sound like clusters to me and you need to get to a Neuro and explain it just like you just did.  

Read up on the oxygen on the left. They usually go away in 30-45 minutes without any medication. You just thought the tylenol was helping but my take is that it just went away on its on. Good luck.
IP Logged

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:08pm »

YOU NEED TO GO TO A NEUROLOGIST WHO SPECIALIZES IN HEADACHE TREATMENT. WE CANNOT HELP YOU WITH A DIAGNOSIS BECAUSE WE ARE NOT DOCTORS.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:13pm »

Okey-dokey...so you chose to start another thread so I will put this here again.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love this family!!!!!!!!  

Undecided, you've been given great advice here by everyone.  I hope you see a good Dr. soon and get whatever it is resolved and treated properly.  (stay off the OTC crap til then please  Wink  

Linda  

If you find that you do indeed have cluster headaches PLEASE come back here and update us.  Please.  We are a great bunch of folks and we want to help you deal with CH if that is what you have.  

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 3rd, 2008, 3:41pm »

ok here is my go at this. Take the quiz, print it out. Print out lots of info from here and OUCH.  Go to your doc and tell them that you need a referal to a Neuro that specializes in HA.  If there is one around you that specializes in CH great, but they are few and far between.  

(I was lucky enough to not only find a neuro that specialized in HA but he was a HA sufferer, so when I explained  what was happening he knew that I was not looking for a high, that i was in fact in pain and that it was not just in my head. I hate that comment, its like no shit sherlock.)  

So talk to them, give them the info that you have from here and explain to them that there is a cycle to what you are getting.  Keep a HA journal until you can get in because that will help them to see the pattern themselves.  Get the tests done and make sure that it is NOT something else.  

Stick around, there is lots on info and good people here to help. But we have all been told to take a couple of Advil and it will be fine and so you probably struck a nerve with a few besides me.  None of us would wish that you have CH.  But your first thread did not sound like the beast that we all dance with.  

PF wishes,  
Tia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss