Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 2:58pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Got Flak for Smoking Outside »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Daily Chat
   General Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Got Flak for Smoking Outside
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Got Flak for Smoking Outside  (Read 544 times)
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

Re: Got Flak for Smoking Outside
« Reply #25 on: Jan 4th, 2008, 7:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here in California its 20 ft from any entrance, and also in your own car if there is a minor in the car, and on some beaches.....
Now, careless smokers have caused fires which are a BAD thing here, but I've yet to see a wildfire start on the Pacific beaches (what with the waves which are made primarily of WATER, and the wet sand which has a high content of WATER)
Had a customer come up to me a few years ago and complain that she had to walk by smokers to get to my non-profit (which was there to give FREE legal and Medicare advice)-not knowing she was taking to the program manager.  I suggested that she approach the front entrance the way most people do.  I did apologize that she had had such a crappy day that she needed to vent on me.  
Then I met her in my office Grin
she received stellar service although I did point out that had she read the bold print on her Medicare statement she wouldn't be in such a pickle.  Helped her, she felt happy, as a parting shot I explained that Medicare will cover O2, ahould ahe need that from visiting our program.  Cool

I don't work there any more.....

kathy (who is trying to quit-soon as I get this stupid broken foot fixed and can move about freely)
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Mountain Biking Keeps Me Sane

WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 4th, 2008, 7:16am »

I was a 30 year smoker and probably offended many people over the years but the day I quit smoking Angie said there will be no more smoking in the house and she took it outside from that day on.

For whatever reason I feel smokers are targets for comments. I see it at my work place daily. My boss is the only smoker and customers walk by him and make their smart-ass remarks to him all the time, even though he is outside! Undecided

This "person" that commented to Angie doesn't know her very well as Angie is an athletic Mountain biker and could kick her ass into tomorrow if she wanted to! Grin but Angie is a gentle soul and that is not her disposition. Smiley
IP Logged

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005,

http://barrysword.blogspot.com

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 4th, 2008, 9:27pm »

Well.... I feel badly for all the smokers now that have to stand outside downtown buildings in blizzards. It's awful. I haven't smoked in 27 years but I do know how hard it is to quit. People who have never been there have no idea.  

Over here; there are  places with designated rooms for smoking in a number of bars and coffee shops and in my part of New York State, some bars and diners have waivers and smoking is allowed anywhere indoors. There must be half a dozen or more bars and restaurants in my little town that have smoking.  

An even worse story is my best friend's creepy ingrate daughter that has been sponging off him for several months expecting free food and baby sitting while treating her family like dirt. When Tom comes in from smoking on the porch she goes into her lunatic rant that the second-hand smoke on his jacket is causing all her two and three-year old's colds. I'm afraid to go there because I would wind up behind bars after beating the little twerp to a pulp. I don't know how he does it.

Anyway; it's gotten too hard to smoke now. Good luck if you are quitting kids.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #28 on: Jan 4th, 2008, 9:48pm »

on Jan 4th, 2008, 9:27pm, Charlie wrote:
When Tom comes in from smoking on the porch she goes into her lunatic rant that the second-hand smoke on his jacket is causing all her two and three-year old's colds.

American Nazism Incarnate.

(Tell him to tell her that it's a comprimised immune system that causes colds and the flu, not the smell of second-hand smoke. That way it becomes her fault. And it's the truth.)
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss