Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 8:14am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « OUCH Director Elections »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Daily Chat
   General Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   OUCH Director Elections
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: OUCH Director Elections  (Read 3178 times)
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

OUCH Director Elections
« on: Apr 30th, 2008, 12:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

As a reminder, applications are still open for the OUCH Board of Directors.

OUCH is recruiting applicants for Board of Director (BoD) members to serve a one or two year term to begin effective the July 2008 Convention in Dallas.

OVERVIEW:
OUCH is a national nonprofit organization and is a legal entity accountable by law for its actions, finance and operations within the scope of its Charter. The OUCH Board of Directors is the highest authority and the controlling level of the operations of OUCH. It provides the direction, goals and oversight of all activities, functions and legal affairs of OUCH.

In order to gain recognition and funding for our causes, it is important that the OUCH Board of Directors be viewed as competitive with other national health organizations. In order to accomplish this and fulfill the obligations outlined in the OVERVIEW, we will be recruiting professionals with supervisory and management backgrounds and with specific experience and skill sets. Newly elected directors will also complete training related to serving on a non-profit Board of Directors, Mission of the Organization, Organizational Structure and Policies and Procedures and will participate in future training as it is developed.

Individuals interested in being considered will need to complete the Director Candidate Application Form located in the Volunteer Center of the Members’ Area on the OUCH website.

http://www.ouch-us.org/members/vol_center.htm

(Note: Log in required to access this link.)

The Nominating Committee will review all applicants’ information, conduct interviews of qualified candidates and submit those with the necessary experience, skills and time to commit to the membership for election to the Board of Directors.

It is highly desirable that those elected should be available to attend the Convention this year and each year they are in office. The Convention is the official Annual Business Meeting of OUCH and the primary source of training for the Board and Committee Chairs.

The Nominating Committee requests that interested people submit their applications by May 15, 2008.

If you have any questions about the election process or any problems using the application form, please contact Mike at: mike.day@ouch-us.org
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: OUCH Director Elections
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30th, 2008, 12:59am »

POSITION DESCRIPTION

POSITION:  Board of Directors & Board Members  

ELECTED:  By OUCH membership  

TERM OF OFFICE: Two years  

AUTHORITY: Assigned powers by the Bylaws, exercised in meetings or as delegated  

PURPOSE:  To serve as a team member in providing leadership and direction of the organization and its delivery of service consistent with OUCH goals, objectives, policies and procedures. Board Members are expected to promote and exhibit ethical practices in all activities.    

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF EACH BOARD MEMBER:  

1. Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of OUCH Bylaws, policies, goals and objectives, Code of Conduct and the ability to explain these to the members of OUCH, the public and potential donors.  
2. Participate in all regularly scheduled and called meetings of the board.  Prepare for each meeting by reading pre-meeting documents, preparing reports to be presented and securing dedicated time.  
3. Make a personal financial donation to OUCH.  Additionally support all activities of OUCH, including Annual Convention.  
4. Participates in leadership development opportunities for board, committee and membership, as available.  
5. Represents OUCH’s interests in all Board, committee and leadership decision-making.  

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BOARD:  

1. Develop and implements goals, objectives and priorities to improve OUCH and its chapters’ services offered, governance, management and continued financial viability.  
2. Review at least annually, the Bylaws, policies and procedures of OUCH to ensure continued viability and applicability.  
3. Perform any and all duties imposed on Board collectively or individually by law, by the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Policies or Procedures.  
4. Provide for the selection of and the direction to the Executive committee. All members are expected to serve on one or more committees.  
5. Determine and secure the resources needed to implement OUCH operational requirements, funding of research, services to members and direct investments.  
6. Oversees the performance of chapters, provide for guidance and assistance and help each attain a level of success. Recommend and or assist chapters in making changes, as necessary, to improve operations.  
7. Elect and support the officers of the board of directors.  
8. Ensure the operations of OUCH are consistent with the Bylaws, policies, procedures, federal and states laws.  
9. Ensure fiduciary responsibility, sound financial management, and financial accountability for contributions, income, and all OUCH assets. Account for and report financial information and ensure public accountability consistent with OUCH policies  

TIME COMMITMENT:  OUCH business is generally conducted on the Business Board.  Directors are to check in daily for new messages and to give input as necessary.  Board Meetings are held at least quarterly.  The scheduled and called meetings are usually held on online on Sundays starting at 11:00 am Eastern Time and generally last 2-3 hours. Additionally, those that serve on committees will be required to participate in additional meetings.  

RECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONS:  

1. Working knowledge of OUCH structure, governance, policies and procedures.  

2. Demonstrated interpersonal skills and abilities.  

3. Willingness and ability to collaborate with others and work effectively as a team member and leader.  

4. Ability to communicate orally and in writing, especially with computer and Internet.  

5. Willingness to adapt and conform to change.  

IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 30th, 2008, 1:11pm »

Anyone?
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 30th, 2008, 7:41pm »

I spent 2 yrs. on the BoD.  1 year on a committee.  I am currently on the board again temporarily til the next elections and have been the chair of Family services for 2 years.

I cannot tell you how much satisfaction I have derived from knowing I have helped a little bit.  It is quite painless, doesn't take up a whole lot of time and is one of the better things I can say I have done in my life.  

Please consider helping yourself as well as others.  You will NOT regret it.

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: May 2nd, 2008, 2:48pm »

I've been working with OUCH in various capacities since early 2005.  I am proud to have been able to serve my fellow clusterheads and supporters and I plan to continue serving as long as I can.  It's been frustrating, fun, exhausting and rewarding.  I've talked to hundreds of people via e-mail, in chat and in person and helped many of them find information and understanding.  Along the way I've learned and grown and become much stronger in my personal fight against the beast.  I've had the honor and privilege of working with some of the finest people I could ever hope to meet.

I know there are people out there with the time and talent to take OUCH to new heights.  What's holding you back?

http://www.ouch-us.org/members/vol_center.htm

IP Logged
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #5 on: May 2nd, 2008, 5:11pm »

Bump
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: May 3rd, 2008, 1:21pm »

Posted on the OUCH Business Board and on the ch.com Dallas 2008 Board

Quote:
An Invitation

Training for those interested in
OUCH Leadership

Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 5pm – 9pm (10pm?)
At Dallas Convention

This training is designed to take the fear and confusion out of serving in OUCH leadership.

Who should attend this training?
- All continuing Board of Directors
- All newly elected Board of Directors
- All continuing Committee & Team Members & Chairs
- All newly appointed Committee & Team Members & Chairs

Who else may attend?
- Anyone interested in learning about OUCH Leadership or may have interest in a future role.

All 2008 board and committee members should make every effort to attend.  This training will help leadership have a base of understanding and common ground from which to communicate and work together.  The more that attend the better the team knowledge.  

Topics to be covered:
- Board, Officers and Committees - Understanding Duties and Responsibilities  
- Board and Committee meetings and making them effective
- Policy & Procedures – protecting OUCH
- Accounting and finance in OUCH for the non-accountant
- Volunteer Staff – What are the opportunities?
- There will be time for Questions and Answers.

Will you attend?  Please register so that sufficient materials can be available.

Register with:
- Name
- 2008 OUCH position – if you will be in leadership
- Leadership interest for the future
- Any other information you wish to share
- Any questions you wish to submit

Send email to: OUCH Leadership Training

IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: May 5th, 2008, 4:44pm »

Do it!
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
alienspacebabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

yup. i am. i do. uh huh. you know it hon.

alienspacelizzie   MzClusterhead
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: May 5th, 2008, 9:28pm »

I'm in. Now people just have to vote me in.....
IP Logged

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: May 7th, 2008, 4:20pm »

Bump!

Mast
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2008, 4:37pm by Mastifflvr28 » IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #10 on: May 13th, 2008, 10:37am »

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's coming down to the wire and we've had a grand total of three (3) people step up.  To be quite blunt, that's not enough.

I find it hard to believe that out of over 3000 OUCH members and over 6000 people on CH.com that there are not 10 people who have the time and ability to spend five hours a week working for their own benefit, not to mention the benefit of all ch sufferers.

I fail to see how OUCH can continue to work for cluster headache sufferers if no one is willing to step up and do the work?  Are there truly no qualified people on this message board?  Has all the blood, sweat and tears over the last nine years been for nothing?  Is it the will and wish of you all that OUCH cease to exist?  

There can be no Organization for Understanding Cluster Headaches if there are no people to run it.  Think about it.  

IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: May 15th, 2008, 8:37am »

Application Deadline Extended

Due to the lack of sufficient response, the deadline to submit Director Candidate Applications has been extended to May 25th, 2008.

IP Logged
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #12 on: May 15th, 2008, 8:58am »

Thinkin about it....  Threw my hat in a few times a few years ago, but I know it's a whole different ball game now. Smiley
IP Logged

Peppermint
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Work it out baby!

172144810 172144810    
Email

« Reply #13 on: May 15th, 2008, 1:06pm »

on May 15th, 2008, 8:58am, Lizzie2 wrote:
Thinkin about it....  Threw my hat in a few times a few years ago, but I know it's a whole different ball game now. Smiley

Carrie -  
True and False!

What's new - the organization has more fleshed out build, and that is a combination of all the hard work people have put in during all these years.  

Now, OUCH is at a turning point, with a visible possibility for tremendous growth, sponsors at the door, and the attention of other orgs that everyone has clamored for over the years.  Now is NOT the time to back away.  

Support is always welcome, and actions are not just welcome, they are NEEDED.  A ball game has not only pitchers and batters, they have coaches, umps, and water boy/bat boys!

I think I fit in somewhere between the outfielders and waterboy but I've been in the game, trying to do what I can.  Regardless, there will come a time when players need a relief...  

That goes for everyone.  I am not a CH sufferer.  But I am a supporter.  Yes, I said it.  You don't have to be a CHer to pitch in - that  mind set has passed in this org, personally speaking, at least from where I stand.

We have a spokesperson, but I feel, as my term end is coming up, that I can say to you, that as hard as this people have worked to get OUCH to where it is - the website, newsletter, liasons, sponsorships, new relationships, a concrete infrastructure, and every mundane but necessary task, etc. - this is not the time to stop the momentum.  

Take a moment, and realize -  a big task divided among many, is not so difficult, but a task carried out by 1 or 2 will become monumental to the point of impossible.  

Maybe I've said too much.  I just can't keep my big trap shut sometimes.  

Think about it.  Everyone can contribute something, and I'm not talking dollars.  

Pepp
IP Logged

You like apples? How ya like them apples?
When playing in the gym, beware of steel beams. - M. Amyx
Carve your name on hearts, and not on marble. - Charles H. Spurgeon

FYI - I am NOT a clusterhead.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: May 16th, 2008, 11:25pm »

Undecided bump Undecided

IP Logged
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #15 on: May 16th, 2008, 11:46pm »

We're coming down to the wire now, folks.  If this is something you've considered (or even if it is not) , I really encourage you to consider putting your name forward.

It's an unparalleled opportunity to be a part of the solution--OUCH is the leading organization advocating for you, and for your fellow clusterheads.  

Many thanks to those who've come forward--and thanks in advance to those who may yet choose to do so.  You don't have to be a grizzled veteran--even if you're green as the grass to CH, to CH.com, or to OUCH, we'd love to hear from you if you believe you have something to offer.

All the best,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: May 17th, 2008, 1:36am »

Been playing at ouch for lots of years now, my turn is over.
Someone take my place!
It's cheerleadin time Smiley

Mast,
who will not be on the bod but will never be truley "done".  Volunteering where needed. Always payin it forward and trying to be part of the solution.
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #17 on: May 19th, 2008, 4:00pm »

IP Logged
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #18 on: May 20th, 2008, 2:39am »

Bumping.  

« Last Edit: May 20th, 2008, 2:40am by George_J » IP Logged

The pain they inspire
Debonair.
(Ellen)
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #19 on: May 20th, 2008, 7:09pm »

I have not been around here for several weeks so I apologize for those who PM'ed me and did not get a response.

I do have several questions prior to saying "Me 2" and will adress them to the appropriate people.

the one thing that I can guarantee is that I can not make convention this year which appears to be a requirement.

If "you" need to get in touch with me please email me

best,

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #20 on: May 20th, 2008, 7:11pm »

on May 20th, 2008, 7:09pm, E-Double wrote:
I have not been around here for several weeks so I apologize for those who PM'ed me and did not get a response.

I do have several questions prior to saying "Me 2" and will adress them to the appropriate people.

the one thing that I can guarantee is that I can not make convention this year which appears to be a requirement.

If "you" need to get in touch with me please email me

best,

Eric

Well, look what the cat dragged in.

Welcome back, brutha.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #21 on: May 20th, 2008, 9:32pm »

ATTENDING THE CONVENTION IS NOT A REQUIREMENT!

Sorry about the shouting, but I wanted to make sure everyone heard me.  LOL  
 grin2

I'm sorry if anyone thought the had to attend the convention to apply to be on the Board of Directors.

Attending the convention is desirable because we will be doing some training, but the training can be done on your own and via chat or whatever.

If thinking you had to attend the convention has the stumbling block for anyone, please reconsider now.

Again, I am very sorry for any misunderstanding in this.

Best regards,

Mike Day
IP Logged
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #22 on: May 22nd, 2008, 10:07am »

Bump.
IP Logged

The pain they inspire
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: May 23rd, 2008, 10:47pm »

The dead-line for applications is Monday, May 25th.

I have heard this:

"If you don't vote.  You have no right to complain."  The same holds true for this.  My head hurts.  I assume yours does too or you woudn't be here in the first place.

You alone,  or me alone,  can do very little to improve anything in the whole scheme of things.  OUCH and all of us together can do MUCH.  OH, so very much.    

There is absolutely no guilt trip in what I am saying.  Some of you may think "I  only have a certain  length of time to devote to OUCH"  and there-fore feel they can't be of service... and that is so far from the truth.  

Even if you don't feel you can be a board member,  you can join a committee who helps out once a  month on the newsletter committee for instance,  by tracking down good leads or interesting articles.

The convention committee for next year.  You've got a whole year to pass around ideas and it shouldn't take too much of your time untill the last few months.

If I haven't hit on what interests you here,  go to OUCH page/volunteer center and click on what is needed that DOES interest you or is in your line of expertise.

When Margi quit Family Services and I saw that there was no one to run it, I  had a "MOMENT"  OMG....this is exactly where my talent lies and the rest is history.  Some days Family Services has no one that contacts me in need.  Other days days I am busier than a one legged ....well you know.

You've got til Monday.  Then I come looking for you.  jk...I said no guilt trip and I meant it.

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: May 24th, 2008, 5:40am »

Just wanted to add that I have got more out of being a part of OUCH than I've put in.  

I'm so proud of this organisation, I know we can do so much more and oh I WANT US TO!!! I can't tell you how much I want to accomplish but it takes all of us not just some of us. A line from a kids song keeps running through my head.

"All God's children got a place in the choir -- Some sing low, some sing higher, Some sing out loud on the telephone wire, And some just clap their hands"

A couple of hours a week, A couple of hours a month, A couple of hours a year. It all adds up. Even if you don't feel you can be a member of the BoD you can do something!  

Just take an interest

Just support us

Just don't let OUCH die of apathy.
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss