Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 3:30am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Treatments to get rid of Lice? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Daily Chat
   General Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Treatments to get rid of Lice?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Treatments to get rid of Lice?  (Read 1853 times)
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Re: Treatments to get rid of Lice?
« Reply #25 on: May 9th, 2008, 8:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey this is the one thing I am an expert on (cosmetologist here and veteran lice fighter) If you are still having trouble I will talk to you on the phone today... I will send a pm with my phone number.  You are probably doing the right things at this point and I am sorry that I wasnt around this week to help you...  

I hope I helped...pass this along to anyone you want to but you can call me if you want to...  
love ya lady... and remember this too will pass...
Ree
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2008, 6:02pm by Ree » IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Paul98
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

What, it's all in my head?

« Reply #26 on: May 9th, 2008, 9:07am »

Sweet Jebbuz Ree!    I think Napam would be easier or just shave the kid from head to toe!  LOL

Lice aint nice and they ARE hard to get rid of.  If you have pets they can be a temporary host too.  The pincers on lice are quite species specific to the hair shaft but they can make do for a short while on non target species.    

-P.

edit for clarity
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2008, 9:08am by Paul98 » IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/pjl98
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: May 11th, 2008, 12:29am »

hehehehe Paul you are a riot... LOL...

I just calls em as I sees em... I work in a school... used to run a daycare and I AM A COSMETOLOGIST...  

Plus my kid had them when she was 2, she had white blonde hair which made it almost impossible to get rid of.  I lost 10 lbs that coupla weeks, I made Dave take a week off,  he helped me shampoo the carpets in every room, the couches, the car... I had to tell every client I had at the time that I did on the side, because I was a stylist at a salon I had to check them like they were carrying a weapon...Sean was in highschool he had to treat his head then tell all his friends, girlfriends, and I had to check them all... how embarrassing. I had nightmares... ruined my comforters on our beds from washing them so much and alienated our family from everyone for about a month.  We did not want to get them back.
Kids get headlice from hats, coats, rugs, chairs at the movies and from dress up clothes at preschool.  They can do something as innocent as putting their jacket on top of another kids and get them that way.  They don't hop but they do crawl fast and the minute they leave a host they are looking for a new one or they will die.  
When my daughter got them we were visiting a friend whose daughter was in the bathtub at the time we got there first clue... She had shampoo on her head the Mom said she couldnt rinse for 10 mins... 2nd clue... I shoulda ran for the hills... we didnt stay long... she never told me and when I retrieved my daughter her older daughter was brushing my daughters hair... I know that is where we got them though she never admitted that they had them...  
When we got them I shouted from the rafters and no one else around us got them... Thank God.  We were diligent.  Too bad some of the parents at our school arent so dilligent.
I have to tell you that whenever we have an outbreak at school now.  I keep my brushes separate from Breezy and Daves and boil all the house hold brushes incase...  WinkI'm pretty smart...

It was about the worse thing I had ever been through... Horrible things happen in our family and we say... "at least we don't have head lice"...
if you have ever experienced this you know what I mean, it ain't as easy as getting rid of ants.

can ya see why I am an expert...
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss