Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 3:15am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « my thoughts of mothers day »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Daily Chat
   General Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   my thoughts of mothers day
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: my thoughts of mothers day  (Read 542 times)
outofcommission
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

damn......no place to park

my thoughts of mothers day
« on: May 10th, 2008, 1:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

my first supporter was mom. when i was about 12 years old i can remember mom making countless trips to our trusted family doctor to find out why my head was hurting. "could be your  sinuses johnny". we'll put you on a steroid spray to shrink your sinus membrane. well thats not it. "maybe it could be a toothache son".   she took me to the dentist to get some xrays. "no nothing wrong with your teeth." "what do you think it could be mom?" "i don't know but we'll get you fixed up". " is there anybody out there with this kind of pain mom?" " oh i'm sure there is", she would say. as the years went by, mom had read several books, saved newspaper clippings,  saw several doctors up at osu. through all this and seeing her son in this extreme pain, i never saw her cry or get emotional. if she did she wouldn't let me know. when i would get hit she would open the windows, bring me pillows, and lots of ice water. this was my only line of defense in those days. as i would scream in my bedroom, she would sit in the living room and wait. when the pain would switch off like a light bulb i would walk into the living room to find her sitting in her easy chair. "feeling any better?"she would ask optimistically. "yeah, i'm perfectly fine now". finally one day   mom read an article in the newspaper about cluster headaches. "maybe this is what you have." in that sense i guess you could say i was diagnosed by my mother. at that time i was out of cycle. it amazes me the love and understanding you get from a mother. i've been in 48 states, i've driven fearlessly through icestorms, fog, whiteout snowstorms in the rockys, i've seem people crash and die on the interstate. but i am still scared to death of cluster headaches and when i get hit i stop. the pain subsides i still have to call my mommy. and she still tells me it will be o.k.
      to all the husbands, wives, dads, and mommies,

happy mothers day
               johnny     Smiley
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2008, 1:06pm by outofcommission » IP Logged

that which does not kill you will only make you crazy, obsessive, and sleep deprived
midwestbeth
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: my thoughts of mothers day
« Reply #1 on: May 10th, 2008, 1:08pm »

What a beautiful tribute to your mother Johnny.  Thanks for sharing that.  

Beth  Smiley
IP Logged

Do more than exist - live
Do more than touch - feel
Do more than look - observe
Do more than read - absorb
Do more than hear - listen
Do more than listen - understand
~ John Rhodes
jon019
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
USA 

"Ya gotta believe!"

« Reply #2 on: May 10th, 2008, 1:26pm »

Missing mine Johnny, and especially tomorrow. Thanks, that was touching.

Best,

Jon
IP Logged

"The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names." (that's cluster headache doc)

Chinese proverb
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: May 10th, 2008, 2:46pm »

on May 10th, 2008, 1:04pm, outofcommission wrote:
my first supporter was mom. when i was about 12 years old i can remember mom making countless trips to our trusted family doctor to find out why my head was hurting.

That mirrors my story, bro......very nice tribute to your Mom!

My Mom got roses and chocolates yesterday, I think I will call my brother and tell him that I am the favorite son....LOL (Family joke)  Wink
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #4 on: May 10th, 2008, 2:57pm »

Johnny, that was a wonderful tribute! Wow. Smiley

Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Jean
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #5 on: May 10th, 2008, 3:04pm »

Thanks for sharing!  That was really beautiful!

My Mom has been gone for almost five years.  She was only 66.  I still have the urge to call her even after all this time.  

Nobody loves you like your MOM!

Jeannie
IP Logged
Mosaicwench
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Find joy in your day

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: May 10th, 2008, 5:19pm »

Oh Johnny, you made me cry.  What a wonderful tribute to your mother.

I'm missing mine today, too.  She'll be gone 23 years this year.  Give all your moms kisses and hugs for those of us who can't do the same.
IP Logged

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter. ~Author Unknown
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: May 10th, 2008, 5:34pm »

Missing mine as well... Cry

Tomorrow a few of us kids will be meeting for brunch and there will be a place of honor for Mom at the table.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: May 10th, 2008, 8:14pm »

missing my mom too gone 2 and a half years and seems like yesterday... great tribute to a wonder of a mother John... kiss her cheek for me...

I got roses and chocolates from Hawaii today... yay

God bless all the Moms... though they probably never knew what was wrong with most of the sufferers here I am sure their pain and concern was just as severe.

ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

« Reply #9 on: May 11th, 2008, 8:46am »

Smiley That was beautiful Johnny.  Thank you for sharing the story.
IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

..i think to myself, it's a wonderful world..

Email

« Reply #10 on: May 11th, 2008, 9:05am »

what a beautiful tribute to a woman who defines the word "mother"..............i am sure you have many of her qualities, and are a caring, loving person due to being raised by an amazing mother....................it touched my heart and allowed me to cry with happiness................
IP Logged
outofcommission
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

damn......no place to park

« Reply #11 on: May 11th, 2008, 11:18am »

thank you all for the replies. sometimes when your up for 30 or so hours by yourself, you concentrate on things like that. the classic country mothers day songs played a little part in that too. she is an amazing person. very book smart and very selfless.
IP Logged

that which does not kill you will only make you crazy, obsessive, and sleep deprived
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss