Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 2:06am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Strange accounting 101. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Daily Chat
   General Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Strange accounting 101.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Strange accounting 101.  (Read 689 times)
Paul98
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

What, it's all in my head?

Strange accounting 101.
« on: May 14th, 2008, 1:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey, don't like the stats for inflation?  Just cherry pick what you want and forget the rest.....presto-changeo you have inflation under control!

This is just to Alice in Wonderland to me. Huh  From my wallet's point of view we are in double digit inflation right now....20 % I would guess.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080514/economy.html?.v=6

-P.

IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/pjl98
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

Re: Strange accounting 101.
« Reply #1 on: May 14th, 2008, 2:29pm »

It's a bunch of numbers.

All I know is I refuse to buy a freaking tomato when it's $3.00 per lb.  I can't afford to buy a nice steak anymore because we're talking $12.00 per pound.  Potatoes, don't even go there.  Fresh veggies?  HA.

Gasoline?  Yes, I complain when I go to the pump, but I also believe that we, US citizens, have been spoiled for so long that this rise in price infuriates us.  Europeans have paid much more, and still pay much more per gallon at their pumps than we do.  So, as much as I don't like paying through the nose for my gas, I remember I'm still better off than others.

The cost of food is what is infuriating me, and I know a good portion of that is because of the cost of fuel to produce and ship it.  

This entire planet needs to get together and find alternative sources for fuel, not just gasoline for our SUVs, but renewable energy sources for everything each human on this planet needs to survive.  Otherwise, our great grandchildren may be the last humans on this earth.

Sandy
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2008, 2:41pm by Sandy_C » IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #2 on: May 14th, 2008, 8:53pm »

Put it this way: When the old man at the checkout counter tells me that his buying 8 gallons of milk on sale at a time is the result "orders" from his elderly neighbors; I think things are a tad iffy.

Charlie
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2008, 8:54pm by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #3 on: May 14th, 2008, 9:11pm »

What will drive the search for alternative fuels is the absence of fossil fuels. We still have plenty left. If we use it up, we'll get to that day quicker when alternative fuels become necessary.

Why do you think the big oil companies aren't all that hot on developing alternative fuels? That's right - There's still plenty of oil to sell.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #4 on: May 14th, 2008, 9:17pm »

Got that right Brew.  

Green will catch on but oil is too handy for now.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss