Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 10th, 2024, 6:48am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hoodrat »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Daily Chat
   General Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hoodrat
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hoodrat  (Read 2624 times)
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Hoodrat
« on: May 21st, 2008, 12:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This country just gets smarter and smarter.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GLeVlBca5lg

I would batbeat the ever lovin' shit out of this child (and his parents) and gladly do time for it.  I guess that makes me as smart as they are.
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2008, 12:51pm by fubar » IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

Re: Hoodrat
« Reply #1 on: May 21st, 2008, 12:37pm »

"I wanted to do some hoodrat stuff..."   Roll Eyes

We're doomed.

IP Logged

"Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime."

Eventus stultorum magister.
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 21st, 2008, 3:48pm »

You can't punish the kid.
If you sent him to the corner to take a time out, he might be sad, and that might curtail his individuality.

IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #3 on: May 21st, 2008, 3:53pm »

on May 21st, 2008, 3:48pm, BMoneeTheMoneeMan wrote:
You can't punish the kid.
If you sent him to the corner to take a time out, he might be sad, and that might curtail his individuality.

Not to mention the damage it might do to his self-esteem.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 21st, 2008, 5:24pm »

Good grief!!!! If that were my kid (no, my kid KNEW better!) he wouldn't be sitting down for the next year - the hell with his self-esteem. And CPS be damned!  

That kid needs some parenting BIG TIME!  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: May 21st, 2008, 6:32pm »

In jail or dead before hes 18!  Sad
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 21st, 2008, 6:43pm »

on May 21st, 2008, 6:32pm, Jonny wrote:
In jail or dead before hes 18!  Sad

Goin' out on a limb there Jonny with that prediction, aren't ya?
IP Logged

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: May 21st, 2008, 6:47pm »

on May 21st, 2008, 6:43pm, fubar wrote:
Goin' out on a limb there Jonny with that prediction, aren't ya?

Nope, thats what my Mother told me and I was nowhere near as fucked up as that kid at that age.
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #8 on: May 21st, 2008, 6:50pm »

on May 21st, 2008, 3:53pm, Brew wrote:

Not to mention the damage it might do to his self-esteem.

Do I have to include visible tags every time I'm being sarcastic?

[ sarcasm ] Not to mention the damage it might do to his self-esteem. [ /sarcasm ]
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #9 on: May 21st, 2008, 7:06pm »

on May 21st, 2008, 6:50pm, Brew wrote:

[ sarcasm ] Not to mention the damage it might do to his self-esteem. [ /sarcasm ]

jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #10 on: May 21st, 2008, 7:19pm »

on May 21st, 2008, 6:50pm, Brew wrote:

No, Bro.  The thought of someone thinking you are serious is just as funny as the sarcasm.

IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #11 on: May 21st, 2008, 7:58pm »

Future Darwin Award Winner.

We should be so lucky.

Steve G
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: May 21st, 2008, 8:07pm »

Jonny, I was thinking the same thing.  That child has major problems.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: May 21st, 2008, 8:12pm »

No doubt, this kid is going to be in jail or dead sooner than later.
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #14 on: May 22nd, 2008, 8:12am »

Brew I knew it was sarcasm - I was being sarcastic too...  

I just got riled up at the kid's attitude - "I just thought it would be "fun" to hit those cars"... And that policeman trying to 'reason' with him... "Now you understand this is wrong..." Hell no he didn't CARE!  

This kid needs to go to BOOT CAMP! But I still think he needs his BUTT spanked really well and OFTEN!  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: May 22nd, 2008, 8:46am »

I am gobsmacked that this child is seven! FOr one, the sheer size of him and for two.. it would no more occur to Jasper than it would to jump off a cliff! I know Jasper isn't seven until the end of August but that means at most, there is a year between him and this kid.  

He is no kid though, where is his childhood? WTF is he watching on TV and being exposed to every day to make him like this?  

He may well be dead at 18, but it won't be the death of a kid 'cos sadly, he is no "kid" now.

FFS lets let kids BE kids. At most you can say you have 16 years in which to be a kid, after that you're a grown up in more ways than not and you'll never get another chance to have the joy of childhood. If nothing else in life, we should all have that.  Undecided
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #16 on: May 22nd, 2008, 1:48pm »

Helen,

That 'kid' lives with his grandma, so odds aren't all that great  that he has any parental 'supervision' at all.  And did you notice the grandma wasn't even that old?  I'm thinking teenage single mommie, probably a gang member, and you can bet that child gets all of his counseling from other fine upstanding gang-affiliated adults.  Nobody is going to let that kid be a kid, it's not feasible.  The parents obviously don't give a crap, and the grandma feels like she can't even discipline the kid because in these parts you get thrown in jail for that.

FYI, when I was being investigated by Child Protective Services, I was told that I could have my parental rights taken away for merely raising my voice.  I'm not joking.  Here in California, you can't even yell at your kid.  This happened after I threw a fit and trashed my daughter's room because she was destroying everything in the house (except for her stuff don'tcha know).  Lucky for me, I had a sympathetic investigator and she dropped the case immediately after interviewing everybody, but it could have gone either way.  As parents, we have NO rights.

Here, it is illegal for you to confine your child in any way (Go to your room!, not).  It is LEGAL for a child to run away.  It is illegal for you to kick your kid out of the house, even if they are over 18 (you have to give them a real eviction notice and go to court).  It is illegal to intimidate your child with loud or abusive language (define abusive?).  Ya, we pretty much have been castrated as parents.
IP Logged

Paul98
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

What, it's all in my head?

« Reply #17 on: May 22nd, 2008, 2:40pm »

on May 22nd, 2008, 1:48pm, fubar wrote:
Helen,

That 'kid' lives with his grandma, so odds aren't all that great  that he has any parental 'supervision' at all.  And did you notice the grandma wasn't even that old?  I'm thinking teenage single mommie, probably a gang member, and you can bet that child gets all of his counseling from other fine upstanding gang-affiliated adults.  Nobody is going to let that kid be a kid, it's not feasible.  The parents obviously don't give a crap, and the grandma feels like she can't even discipline the kid because in these parts you get thrown in jail for that.

FYI, when I was being investigated by Child Protective Services, I was told that I could have my parental rights taken away for merely raising my voice.  I'm not joking.  Here in California, you can't even yell at your kid.  This happened after I threw a fit and trashed my daughter's room because she was destroying everything in the house (except for her stuff don'tcha know).  Lucky for me, I had a sympathetic investigator and she dropped the case immediately after interviewing everybody, but it could have gone either way.  As parents, we have NO rights.

Here, it is illegal for you to confine your child in any way (Go to your room!, not).  It is LEGAL for a child to run away.  It is illegal for you to kick your kid out of the house, even if they are over 18 (you have to give them a real eviction notice and go to court).  It is illegal to intimidate your child with loud or abusive language (define abusive?).  Ya, we pretty much have been castrated as parents.

Problem is FU that "society" has enabled Social Services become more relavant than parents.  It is one big huge copout for the grandmother in that video to say she can't tan that kids backside.  If some social worker stuck their face in mine about diciplining a child that did what that kid did I would go fucking apeshit on them and make such a stink in the media and courts the social worker would be fired and be run out of town.

People just don't take a stand anymore because they want government to do it all for them.  That kid is the oppitomy of the of the problem!

-P.
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/pjl98
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #18 on: May 22nd, 2008, 3:07pm »

That's because parents let the damn government get away with it. I'm sorry, but I'd fight to the death if someone tried to tell me how to raise my kid.  

In fact I "dared" Caleb's daycare to call CPS when they found a bite mark on him and brought it to my attention. I put it there and told them so (how else do you break a kid from biting?). The Principal saw my way of thinking and decided that was a good way to break a kid of biting. We didn't have any more problems after that.  

Parents just need to start "parenting" again and tell the govt to go stick it up their rear. Since they got into "our" business our kids have gone to hell in a handbasket (or a whole lot of them have). Schools are NOT babysitters and parents should be held responsible for their kids.  

UGHHHHHH! I could really get on my soapbox about parents and govt interferrence these days.... I guess those of us who still give a damn about how our kids are raised will just keep doing what we think is best and let the rest go to blazes.....

Hugs BD
IP Logged

fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Hoodrats
« Reply #19 on: May 22nd, 2008, 4:08pm »

I agree and disagree at the same time... Yes, you could say that parents aren't standing up and fighting, but that's not the whole story.  I don't want to turn this into a political diatribe, but the liberals that control California are the source of the problem here.  We have more laws 'for the good of the children' than any other state.  I don't think I've ever heard of a law being passed for 'the good of the parents'.  These bleeding hearts will pass any legislation that gives the state more say/control in raising your child.  They tax us to death so they can have resources 'for the good of the children' then they waste it and whine for more.  We have the worst education in America, but we spend the most per child (nearly anyway, on both counts).  It's not all the parents... for example when CPS was interviewing me, I told them what I did, then told them why AND I said I would do it again.  I told them no law was going to stop me from PARENTING my child, and if they wanted to go to court about it, I would happily defend my right to parent my child.  I did nothing wrong, and hopefully a jury of my peers (meaning, other parents!) would say the same.
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #20 on: May 22nd, 2008, 5:06pm »

Yeah... if it wasn't for liberals, the poor and minorities, America would be just peachy.  Roll Eyes

Me? I could sit around and complain ad nauseum... but I prefer to try to be the change I want to see in the world (thanks Gandhi).  

Spend a little time rubbing elbows with these kids... they start out as pure and innocent as every other kid. What they need are mentors, and people who give a shit.  

And yeah, I know, their parents should give a shit...but...

Alas, it's not a perfect world.  

This place is beginning to remind me of the bench outside the barber shop in any smalltown in the states. Those guys have all the answers... and just sit there and do nothing about anything.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #21 on: May 22nd, 2008, 5:15pm »

Nani, it's not a coincidence that we are the most liberal state and we have the worst problems in this area, but I can't blame it all on liberals. The poor can be blamed too, if you want.  Tongue

But seriously, it's not just the liberals... budget problems made Ronald Reagan pass a bill here (as governor) that nixed the law that made it illegal to run away.  Seems cops were spending too much time retrieving wayward youths.

I have no solutions, but I am moving out of this state.  Not like I'm moving to a conservative stronghold though... Boston is pretty much the same a California politically.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss