Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 8:36am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Ok, so im low on gas today.. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Daily Chat
   General Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Ok, so im low on gas today..
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ok, so im low on gas today..  (Read 6933 times)
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

Ok, so im low on gas today..
« on: May 21st, 2008, 9:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

and I know im heading into Boston where you can not find a gas station in the city.

So I pull into a station on RT 9 and Abdula tells me "I only have super"......Well, for $25 I get six gallons of gas.....Six fucking gallons!!!.......I can burn that in my one ton in an hour, Christ!

I know this guy was bull shitting me, but what am I gonna do jump out and start spraying the regular hose?

This is to the point that anything I make will have to be picked up by the customer with a no delivery option.

Heres what big oil said to congress:
"The executives pushed the idea that large parts of the U.S. that are currently closed to drilling - like sections of Alaska, the Rocky Mountains and the continental shelf - should be opened."

DUH!!!! Roll Eyes

Abdula got me to pay $4.18 for super....regular is about $3.87

What pay you?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=689_1211400102

IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Ok, so im low on gas today..
« Reply #1 on: May 21st, 2008, 9:14pm »

I say your beating a dead horse or is this just another racist rant?
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: May 21st, 2008, 9:16pm »

on May 21st, 2008, 9:14pm, karma wrote:
I say your beating a dead horse or is this just another racist rant?

Huh?....no idea what you mean by that....care to explain?
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: May 22nd, 2008, 12:32am »

Jonny, One of the corvettes takes supreme. It's running the same as you paid here in Oregon.  
I guess, if we put it into perspective, we are still paying a lot less than other countries, but it certainly puts a crimp in the Sunday drive, doesn't it?

Hang on, Jonny, we are all in for a bumpy ride, but, know what? We'll make it!!

Cathi

P.S. I think Karma is simply suggesting a more "PC" approach in public forums like this.  
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2008, 9:25am by Cathi_Pierce » IP Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: May 22nd, 2008, 12:58am »

In California.    I put in 2 gallons in my 67 Mercury.  It cost me 8.00.  I have a V8 engine...what were they thinking back in 1967?  BobG? don't even go there.

I may have to go postal soon.   or walk.

Thank goodness Jim has a motorcycle.

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
kayarr
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kayarr2k  
Email

« Reply #5 on: May 22nd, 2008, 1:14am »

My stinkin' Lincoln gets the best mileage in the driveway at 21.7per gallon.  Yikes!   Shocked
IP Logged

Nothing is impossible! Just believe!!!!!
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 22nd, 2008, 2:27am »

Remember a few years ago when gas hit $2 a gallon?  Remember how much that hurt?  
I got one car that gets 33mpg, and I have another car that gets 23.  Havent driven the 33mpg one in over 2 months.

British racing green is meant to be driven!!!  

IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #7 on: May 22nd, 2008, 8:01am »

Ok, here's my opinion (and you knew I'd have one didn't you?).  

We can't drill in Alaska because we'd distrub the wildlife or something and the enviromentilist would get upset. We can't drill offshore (where there's plenty of oil) cause it would interupt something or nuther. We can't drill in Texas because of some other excuse. Etc, etc, etc...  

Well.... my question is == what good is that old spotted owl doing any of us? Is it putting food on our table, helping pay the electric bill or buying Jr.'s medicine? Do people in this country need work? Do we need "CHEAP" oil? Do we NEED to be NON dependent on foreign OIL? Do we NEED to take care of OUR OWN for a change?  

I've got a farm and I have a farm exemption for diesel (for my tractors). Diesel was $4.47 yesterday. With the exemption I can buy it for $3.99 for the farm. Of course I had to sign a statement that none of it would get in the trucks or on the road... Tongue and you KNOW I wouldn't do anything like that.. Roll Eyes. I'm not even sure if that's just tax or if they're trying to give the poor farmer a break or what, but that MUCH difference?  

The only way we can stop this abuse on the American people is to start a grass roots movement and hit Congress with it to stop buying foreign oil and start producing our own. It wouldn't bother me at all to have an oil well in my back yard (of course I grew up in the East Texas oil fields and they're not "ugly" to me) - not to mention the royalties that go with them.  

Oh well, people are still too lazy to even write Congress much less "pressure" them into doing anything. Guess we'll just pay $5 a gallon and be bitching this time next year.

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Paul98
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

What, it's all in my head?

« Reply #8 on: May 22nd, 2008, 8:49am »

The Gubbament had better put some consideration into where Americias energy needs will come from in the next 50 years.  Right now I have farmers near me going back to Mule and Horses because fuel is to expensive.  I don't mean the Amish either!

Lets see, in 2006 the "new and improved" congress that was elected was going to get to the bottom of those big nasty oil companys........Prices at the pump are double what they were then.  Yea, they showed them and us how determined they were to make things "right"  LOL.  Congress IS the fucking problem!  They have cowtowed to the tree hugging bunnymen and kissed their ass for 40 years.  No refineries, new exploration, no nuke power plants, no new hydropower....  all we have gotten is a strangle hold on any avenue for increased energy generation.  Wind?  Fat Ted doesn't like that!    

The US had best wake up and start punching holes in the permafrost for a stopgap until a VIABLE new source of energy if found.  They had better put some resources behind finding it like they did for the Manhattan project or things will get pretty bad.

Right now I spend the equivelent of a sizeable mortgage payment each month for fuel.  I am at the breaking point.

-P.
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/pjl98
Mosaicwench
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Find joy in your day

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: May 22nd, 2008, 8:50am »

I'm all for drilling here in the US.  But in reality, I don't think we have enough refineries to handle an influx of our oil - we'd have to ship crude to be refined somewhere else.  

Last I read it would be twenty years from permit application to ribbon cutting on any new refineries built in the US because of municipal, stat and federal regulations of all kinds, including the EPA.

Twenty years ain't gonna help my budget today.
IP Logged

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter. ~Author Unknown
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #10 on: May 22nd, 2008, 8:51am »

on May 22nd, 2008, 2:27am, BMoneeTheMoneeMan wrote:

British racing green is meant to be driven!!!  

Cooper S?  

We have three 4cylinder Toyota Camrys and it costs about $60.00. to fill them up.  I remember when I thought $30.00 was a lot to fill the tank.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: May 22nd, 2008, 9:24am »

OHHH, But B, my friend, you look soo good in that car..........british racing green and your red hair....it's worth ANYTHING to be stylin down the road, lookin THAT good~!

Drive the Jag, man............

Cathi
IP Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Paul98
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

What, it's all in my head?

« Reply #12 on: May 22nd, 2008, 9:46am »

on May 22nd, 2008, 8:50am, Mosaicwench wrote:
I'm all for drilling here in the US.  But in reality, I don't think we have enough refineries to handle an influx of our oil - we'd have to ship crude to be refined somewhere else.  

Last I read it would be twenty years from permit application to ribbon cutting on any new refineries built in the US because of municipal, stat and federal regulations of all kinds, including the EPA.

Twenty years ain't gonna help my budget today.

We went from Zip to the Hydrogen bomb in ~ 6 years.  THAT  sort of effort is what it is going to take and congress is to busy fighting the other side of the isle to get anything done or  even realize this will become a national emergency.  

-P.  
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/pjl98
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #13 on: May 22nd, 2008, 2:31pm »

My solution would be for everyone in the country to call in (including the govt employees) and report off work because they can't afford the gas to get there. Let Congress chew on that one for a day!

But I'll bet those guys at the Tea Party were a little "worried" about their hides too..... but they had the guts to stand up for their "rights!" They just don't make people like they used to do.....

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ain't I a stinkah!!

« Reply #14 on: May 22nd, 2008, 2:59pm »

on May 22nd, 2008, 2:31pm, BarbaraD wrote:
They just don't make people like they used to do.....

Hugs BD

I couldn't have put it better myself...   Wink  

I can't even get started on this topic....I'm buying a bicycle. Angry

IP Logged
monty
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #15 on: May 22nd, 2008, 3:16pm »

on May 22nd, 2008, 2:31pm, BarbaraD wrote:
My solution would be for everyone in the country to call in (including the govt employees) and report off work because they can't afford the gas to get there. Let Congress chew on that one for a day!

Automobile drivers of the world, Unite!!  Unionize, then go on strike! (???)  
IP Logged

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #16 on: May 22nd, 2008, 3:42pm »

One of my staff is wanting to work from home three days a week to save on gas.

Let's see, you drive a Lincoln Navigator 120 miles a day round trip all by yourself.  Duh!

Not my problem. Get a smaller vehicle that gets more than 8 miles to the gallon.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #17 on: May 22nd, 2008, 3:47pm »

on May 22nd, 2008, 3:42pm, echo wrote:
One of my staff is wanting to work from home three days a week to save on gas.

Let's see, you drive a Lincoln Navigator 120 miles a day round trip all by yourself.  Duh!

Not my problem. Get a smaller vehicle that gets more than 8 miles to the gallon.

Is there a downside to this person working from home?
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #18 on: May 22nd, 2008, 4:01pm »

Other than being against corporate policy, which is broken all the time.

This person only has dial-up.

Without DSL she's dead in the water as far as her job responsibilities go.  No way you can netmeeting working visio and auto cad on dial-up.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #19 on: May 22nd, 2008, 4:24pm »

on May 22nd, 2008, 4:01pm, echo wrote:
Other than being against corporate policy, which is broken all the time.

This person only has dial-up.

Without DSL she's dead in the water as far as her job responsibilities go.  No way you can netmeeting working visio and auto cad on dial-up.

Okay, then. Working at home = lower productivity. Position it to her like that. If she wants to pay for her own high-speed cable connection, let her have at it. If not, the answer is no.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #20 on: May 22nd, 2008, 8:32pm »

I read that there wasn't all that much oil in Alaska anyway. With the current administration I would suspect that if big oil thought they could make a big buck on it, it would be done regardless of tree huggers.  

The 2006 Congress has been stopped dead at every turn by Dubya vetoes and Republican stonewalling at every attempt to override. Democrats are just short of being able to do so without some progressives from the GOP. Remember when progressives were permitted in the GOP? Thems wuz the days....Things look better for the country soon, I hope.  

If either party had any real leaders, cars would be far more efficient and auto makers wouldn't be running the government.

I saw a few minutes of big oil before Congress. It's stunning. They could have rerun the tobacco company hearings from a few years ago. What bullshit from Exxon & friends.  

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #21 on: May 22nd, 2008, 8:35pm »

jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop jaw_drop
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: May 23rd, 2008, 12:23pm »

on May 21st, 2008, 9:05pm, Jonny wrote:
So I pull into a station on RT 9 and Abdula tells me "I only have super"......Well, for $25 I get six gallons of gas.....Six fucking gallons!!!.......I can burn that in my one ton in an hour, Christ!
I know this guy was bull shitting me, but what am I gonna do jump out and start spraying the regular hose?

on May 22nd, 2008, 12:32am, Cathi_Pierce wrote:
P.S. I think Karma is simply suggesting a more "PC" approach in public forums like this.  

Uhmmm, please. PC has gotten us NOWHERE; just ask any teacher.  
I back Jonny on this one. I stopped going to the Mobil station down the road from me once I found out they were connected to one of the guys who trained at Freeway Airport [Bowie, MD] and flew a plane into the twin towers on September 11, 2001. So no, "those" folks do not get my business. Best way for me to pay them back is not to pay them at all.
And yes, nothing like raping us by saying "all I have is super". BS!  
Of course, this is my opinion. I could be wrong.
TomM
IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: May 23rd, 2008, 7:11pm »

on May 22nd, 2008, 12:32am, Cathi_Pierce wrote:

Me, PC?....As if....LMMFAO!!!!!  Grin

PS. I would love to know where this " racist rant" comes from?
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2008, 7:21pm by Jonny » IP Logged

- Guiseppi

Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

« Reply #24 on: May 23rd, 2008, 9:25pm »

Does anybody know how much oil is there in Alaska and off shore of the USA ?  

Is it worth drilling there ? or is it easier to convert drivers into bicyclers?  

IP Logged

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Arthur Conan Doyle
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss