Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 2:14am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « WELCOME! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   WELCOME!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  12 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: WELCOME!  (Read 49286 times)
cav_cav
New Board Newbie
Great_Britain 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: WELCOME!
« Reply #25 on: May 27th, 2004, 6:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hey peeps**thumbs up to ye all**

this is my first message on this here n actually my first message on a message board so if i screw up, i apologise.

any how little bout me, am gingerCheesy, 17, from glasgow scotland n am god damn sexiTongue. i was diagnosed with clusters when a was 15 and at the time it was just b4 my 4year prelims exams. due to tthe clusters a missed bout a month of school, which for any rock star in the making would find cool but.........alas**ye luving it yet, thats a gr8 wordTongue**eh....where was i, oh yeah....alas....there was one minorTongue problem, i got these headaches which were just wow. i say wow coz a had never experienced nethin like them. hehe a joked with ma self sayin at any moment an alien would burst through ma headTongue. so anyway went to the doctors and at first he put me on betablockers, hehe which didnt work then bout 2 weeks later he put me on to injections which did kinda make me nervous Lips Sealed. Bur anyhow they worked.

this is a thanks from the cav-cav for the peeps who created the site, awesome

cav-cav\m/
IP Logged
NAB
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #26 on: May 27th, 2004, 1:57pm »

Hi everyone!  My husband currently is suffering from CH and I was on the supporters site and it was suggested that I come onto this site and introduce myself.  

I guess that my husband has been suffering from CH for well over a year.  He suddenly started having bad headaches and an MRI was done that showed a Pit Tumor.  They took that out and thought that everything would be fine.  Well after 4 neurologists he finally found a neuro that classified his headaches as CH, however he is not really famaliar with them so he is "doing it by the book".  He started that Vapermil (I think that is how you spell it and they got slighly better) also gave him o2 and that seemed to work.  Then the headaches came back and they upped the Vapermil.  That worked for a while and then stopped.  Started him on Prednisone and that did not work and so then they started him on lithium.  It has only been a few days so I am not sure if that will work.

I can say one thing as being a supporter it is hard to keep the faith.  As each day goes by I seem to be losing hope which is not good for him or our family.

Anyway I am new to the site and I know that he looks at the site but I do not think he posts.  

We live in Illinois and am soo glad that we discovered this site.

Hope to talk to you all soon as the agression needs to get out somehow.
IP Logged
byron_clusterhead
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Email

« Reply #27 on: Jun 12th, 2004, 12:51am »

im glad i found this site and no now that i am not alone pfd's are not impossible never give up hope Kiss
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #28 on: Jun 14th, 2004, 8:45am »

Hi all,
Thank you so very much for all the responses; advice support, etc.
Knowing people are out there can put your mind at ease when you feel helpless.

Forever greatful,
Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
EDHASFORDS
New Board Newbie
USA 

God loves you and so do I......

CALLIE+BRO.   CALLIE+BRO.

« Reply #29 on: Jun 17th, 2004, 2:52pm »

Thanks, for all the welcomes! It is good to be back with you guys after so many years of reading the board but not saying anything! (Please forgive).
The reason I have decided to get involved is I want to be able to ask questions and of course get responses that are directed to me. We all have our little box's we live in. They may look like one another but each of us has something special to offer!
Anyhow thanks for allowing me back!
callie bro. Cheesy Cheesy
IP Logged

CALLIE BRO.
AlexC2004
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #30 on: Jun 19th, 2004, 12:39am »

Haven't been back in a few years cause I been in remission.  Have had a few mild attacks the last few nights and have taken to the shower. Discoverd the shower treatment a few years back, during another episode period and it works well for me while    in "season" so to speak.  I am hoping this season the attacks stay mild.  
By mild, I mean, not vomiting this time.  I've had them off and on for over 20 years. My remissions can last 2-3 years, and my season, as I call it, runs aanywhere from 30-60 days. And the last  season -- ands so far, this one -- they don't seem to greatly intensify -- or maybe the water stimulation is just distracting me. Light sensitivity and sinus are still present, so I take the shower in the dark.
Glad you guys are here. I've notice that when they wake me up, they're not quite as intense, and if I stumble to the shower, and get going, I'm okay.

Does the shower treatment work for anyone else?  
I just stand there, or sit, sometimes, and just keep warm water hitting the same side of  my head. more or less. I have to be careful though, cause I want to fall asleep.  
Takes about 15-20 minutes and then I seem to be okay.
Exhausted, but okay. I've always thought that was weird, too, getting out of a shower, more tired than when you got in.

Only with clusters...

IP Logged
psycofemale0403
New Board Veteran
USA 

MAKE IT STOP!!!!!

psycofemaleo403
Email

« Reply #31 on: Jun 23rd, 2004, 7:24pm »

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site, and so thankful that I"m not crazy, and not alone!  I'm definately looking forward to meeting fellow clusterheads.  Thank you for being here.

Lisa  Smiley
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #32 on: Jun 23rd, 2004, 7:50pm »

You'll find tons of amazing info and tremendous support!!
Unfortunately Wink.......Welcome aboard!

Eric
on Jun 23rd, 2004, 7:24pm, psycofemale0403 wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site, and so thankful that I"m not crazy, and not alone!  I'm definately looking forward to meeting fellow clusterheads.  Thank you for being here.

Lisa  Smiley

IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: Jun 27th, 2004, 10:36am »

Just a BUMP!  

Welcome to everyone!  We are glad you found us.
Keep reading, and stick around.  Someone is always here 24/7.  You will never be alone in pain again.

Big Hugs...............Little Deb
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
karenruch
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #34 on: Jul 15th, 2004, 5:59pm »

Hey everybody... Not new to the site ,but never posted a message before. Been a cluster headache sufferer for thirteen years now, and after no headaches for a year and a half , their back.  
Just so nice to be able to read others messages... know that I'm not alone. I'm feeling a little shell shocked right now after just getting through a bought so I'll sign off.
Karen
IP Logged
mrbrz
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #35 on: Jul 20th, 2004, 8:07am »

Hi, I'm new here, but not new to the clusters, been having them for over thirty years...man, a nurse told me about this site two weeks ago...very glad to know i'm not alone with this. I won't go into detail, but there has been many i've done to find relief thru the years, until a nero.doc at the v.a. figured it out about eight years ago.thanks
IP Logged
roosterred
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #36 on: Jul 30th, 2004, 9:27am »

Hi, my name is Carla and my boyfriend of 3 years suffers from this horrible monster they call " headaches". The first year together was weird since I thought he was losing his mind when he would rock back and forth and cry like a baby. A dr. at the er told him to use claritan d. That seemed to help him for about a year and a half. About a month ago the demon came back full force to claim his sanity once again. I came across this site, thank god. We took the advice of using melatonin 3mg. Rick has had a decent night sleep so far, only on the 3rd day of trying this. I am new to this site and I am getting familiar with everything. Thanks for the insight and info. I will be visiting this site often for support if nothing else.

Thanks again for insight into a terrible hell,

Carla
IP Logged
judyw
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran

Knowledge is Power

9537257 9537257   judyw143  
Email

« Reply #37 on: Aug 1st, 2004, 3:41pm »

When I read the last posts, I realized that no one has said WELCOME on this thread lately...So consider it said...it gives a wonderful cross of new people and regular sufferers and supporters...OUCH is the organization formed to promote our cause by bringing attention to us to the medical field and research...they are doing well, money is always welcome, but joining with your support helps, spreading the word by educating your medical support, friends, and family, as well as supporting others by sharing, questions, and venting here...best thanks we can give DJ for all his talent and generosity... 143
IP Logged

judyw143
Redneck

Email

« Reply #38 on: Aug 3rd, 2004, 7:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

OK,
Where to start!  
Ah! at the beginning.  Smiley
April 1982, like a fairy tale, a long long time ago! Wierd headaches started, ate me alive. I spent 15 years taking toxic junk that didn't help. Only relief (and that may have been in my mind was Midrin {anybody remember that}) For that 15 years I had an average of 3 to 4 outbreaks a year, average time 1 to 3 months, on occasion up to 6 month at a time. Didn't find a good doctor until late 90's, he put me on verapamil and 02. Worked wonders. Have had a few major outbreaks since then, still run 3 or 4 months. Mostly just an occasionl breakthrough and lots of shadows. Keep the 02 handy and never miss the verapamil. Still live in fear, still do 02, always waiting for the next BIG ONE! Helluva way to live! Think I may have to put my wife up for saint hood ! Thats it in a nut shell.
Been There- Done That
IP Logged
judyw
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran

Knowledge is Power

9537257 9537257   judyw143  
Email

« Reply #39 on: Aug 4th, 2004, 7:17pm »

Welcome, just sorry you need to be here...How much is your Verap dosage...since that is a key...and how do you take the O2? Hope you have read all the links to the left..Stop back in anytime...Oh, and I second that nomination for Sainthood for your wife...invite her to check out the Supporters Corner...Supporters are always welcome...PPP
IP Logged

judyw143
goldensky
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #40 on: Aug 6th, 2004, 8:48pm »

This is my first posting. I did find your site in April, a mother of one of my students gave me the address.
I cried and laughed when I reads the words of fellow sufferers. Finally someone explained the same pain I have.
I went to a new neuro  in April, after 2 trips in the ambulance to hospital.  He said Cluster Headaches and gave me Imitrex injections and a prescription for O2.

The attacks were less and July16 was the last one.
I now believe that the 4 episodes in the last 17 years were all Clusters and not optic neuritis or severe sinus infection.

My daily meds are Verapamil 2x day; Daypro 2x day; o2 as needed, Imitrex nasal spray and injections.

I had lots of support from my family during the last episode from  JANUARY 6TH TO JULY 16TH.  But they do not understand the pain and panic that comes with a cluster attack.
Thank you for having this site. I hope I can give words of support to someone.
pj
IP Logged
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Into the jaws of the Beast we ride!

Email

« Reply #41 on: Aug 6th, 2004, 9:03pm »

Welcome pj,

So sorry that you have to be here, but this is a wonderful place with some fantastic people.  You'll learn quite a bit here (I sure did).

Best Wishes

John
IP Logged

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?
Redneck/Jimbo

Email

« Reply #42 on: Aug 6th, 2004, 9:53pm »

Hello all,
sorry it took so long to get back. long days at work, etc.
Judy, i ony take 360 mg of verap a day. Just got off the 02 bottle, one of the wild stress/tired related ones tried.
As to being sorry for me having to be here, nope! Shuda been here long ago, 22 years alone is enuff! Thanks all, tis good to know i ain't alone! especially when i have these idjits that come up and say "i have clusters" yeah, if frogs had wings they wudn't bump their a** when they hopped to! But good to be among people that understand! Thanks,  
work runs a bit strange so i  will disappear sometimes, but will check back as i can. Best to all.
IP Logged
Gabbahey
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #43 on: Aug 8th, 2004, 10:16pm »

Hi, am new to the board!  Have had CH's for approx 6 years.  This board, and website are woderful.  Am currently about 4 wks into a cycle.  Just started Zomig NS 5mg.  Hoping for the best.  Look forward to getting to know some of you.
Thanks
Andy
Chaska, Mn
IP Logged
g4z00
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #44 on: Aug 9th, 2004, 10:45pm »

Count me in.. I'm trying EVERYTHING... Since it's hard to find a doctor that will give you anything besides narcotics... Currently using acupuncture, vitamin injections, Excedrin Migrain (Has caffine in it) and experimenting with many others. Has anyone tried nitrous oxide w/or w/o O2 treatments? Ordered some White Powder Gold too, will let you know how it works!
IP Logged
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #45 on: Aug 31st, 2004, 5:56pm »

This is such a great thread!  Just have to BUMP it again!

Welcome to ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Deb
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
jewel725
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #46 on: Sep 1st, 2004, 3:07pm »

[color=Blue][/color]I just found this site today.  I have had migraine headaches since I was a teenager.  I am now 44 years old.  Migraines run in the family and I have also passed them on to my children.  When I was younger I usually only had them around the time of my menstrual cycle then in 1995 I had a hysterectomy, they left one ovary.  Almost from the very day of the surgery I began having daily "migraines".  I would take my medication and I'd have relief for awhile and as soon as the meds wore off, the headache would be right back.  I spent a lot of time in the ER, doctors' offices, having tests and [/i]a lot[i] of time and money at the pharmacy.  Not too long ago I had a doctor tell me that it is not possible to have a migraine every day.  I was really angry because it was like he was telling me that it was all in my head (no pun intended).  I finally went to a new doctor and he was asking me about my headaches and he said that it sounds like I have combination migraine/cluster headaches.  Does anyone else out there have the same thing?  Also, does anyone have blepharospasms (eyelid twitching)?  It drives me insane.  
  As far as pain relief goes, I got most of my relief from Stadol Nasal Spray.  Can't get it anymore, so I just have to suffer through.  I'd rather be addicted to it and live a fairly normal life than to miss out on all of the things that I've had to miss over the years.  That's not even close to being a normal life.  You can't plan anything because you have to say "Well, I have to wait and see how I feel that day".  And people act as if it is a crutch.  When my husband and I first got married he'd say, "Oh, you have a headache every day" or You never feel good", by the way, I have fibromyalgia too.  The fibro is better, becoming more active really does help with that.  
Jenny
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #47 on: Sep 1st, 2004, 3:47pm »

on Sep 1st, 2004, 3:07pm, jewel725 wrote:
 Also, does anyone have blepharospasms (eyelid twitching)?  It drives me insane.  

All the time.  Yes it is annoying.
IP Logged
Sophie
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #48 on: Sep 19th, 2004, 2:53pm »

Hi, I,m new also. Age 60. Clusters started 10 years ago.
I treated them as sinus headaches until last year when
I couldn't handle it any more on a 4 month cycle and broke down and went to the Dr. He gave me triptans and they worked. I was ok until this spring and the cycle started, at the end of the 3rd month Dr. was concern about over use of triptans--so we tried innopranxl (beta bloker)--didn't work. Now I'm on my third week of Topamax which seems to work have had a couple break thrus and many wierd side effects. I know I am lucky to be getting relief but I am very anxious and concerned about long term damage from meds. I don't feel like myself---and feel housebound and antisocial--don't mean to whine--but would like to hear other opinions from Topamax users/ I'm on 100 mg.
Trying to keep this short---happy to find a place to find someunderstanding and it's not really all about me.
IP Logged

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
AND WHY AM I IN THIS HANDBASKET?

Cluster Buster
clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #49 on: Sep 19th, 2004, 4:47pm »

Welcome Sophie,

Sorry you have to be here.  You will find a lot of support though.  As for the Topamax, I don't use it so in don't really know.  You might want to use the search function to find out about this drug (the search doesn't always work for me), or post a question about it over on the medications board (in fact, I just looked and there is a thread that was started 9 September that is titled Topamax).  I hope this is helpful, and poke around the site a little, or a lot.  There is tons of great info, and a whole bunch of really great people.  PM me if you have any questions.

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  12 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss