Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 10:30am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Who is who here to the newcommers »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   Who is who here to the newcommers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8  ...  19 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Who is who here to the newcommers  (Read 24317 times)
jdboles
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Email

Re: Who is who here to the newcommers
« Reply #125 on: Mar 12th, 2006, 4:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi I'm also in Toronto. Just learned about Cluster headaches. I've been cronic for 7 months, can you recommend any professionals in TO that deal/treat with CH? My neurologist has not been helpfull so far...
Thanks
~Josh
IP Logged
Yournotcrazy
New Board Newbie
USA 

still standing

WWW Email

« Reply #126 on: Mar 13th, 2006, 11:56am »

Newbie here,

Although not to CH. 36 yo male. Sufferer since 98.  Mine "Were" 24/7 every 4 hours. .01% of the population. I have a few bullet holes, which many years later I found was normal and now a retired, disabled paramedic. "Adam Sandler" SNL. with Chris Farely  
"God give me Cancer" The answer is there for us to find it.  

Word,

Yournotcrazy!!!!!!
IP Logged

Thank you for writing. I will respond soon. We might be misunderstood, but not alone.

kris
Mattrf
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Thank god for my wife and kids who keep me alive.

Mattrf  
Email

« Reply #127 on: Mar 29th, 2006, 1:42pm »

My name is Matt, This was in Hawaii two years ago and about two months in on my first CH cycle, did not make for a great vacation. I was diagnosed with CH after coming back from Hawaii and it lasted 9 months. It started again this past December and 3.5 months in and still hating the beast. I live in California in the bay area and work for Stanford University as an IT manager in a research center, to bad they don’t research CH. Lol
I found this site just a few weeks ago and it has truly been a life saver and has helped my entire family with understanding the beast. Befoe finding this site we thought the beast was stress related and I was putting blame on my family and they also were blaming themselves. I have a wife and two kids that without there support would make dealing with the beast next to imposable. I thank god for them being in my life and putting up with me and now I thank him for CH.com my second family.
I think that any doctor that diagnoses CH should prescribe CH.com, without it we would all be lost.
IP Logged

There is no stronger a person then one who can deal with brain pain and still function.
Roxygirl
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #128 on: Mar 29th, 2006, 3:45pm »

Hi, my name's Ali (Roxygirl).  I just found this site about a week ago and I've already gotten tons of helpful information.  Thanks!  I was PF for about 6 years and unfortunately they found me again.  I've been having cluster headaches for about 5 weeks straight now...every day.  When I had them the first time around I had them for about 3 months out of the year for 7 years.  I'm 28 years old and live in Kansas.  I have a great boyfriend who has been very patient with me.  Let's hope he continues.  And I have two dogs that sit close by my side when I have my attacks.  If it weren't for my boyfriend and my dogs I don't know how I'd survive.
IP Logged
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

Welcome
« Reply #129 on: Mar 29th, 2006, 4:13pm »

Nice smile.
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2006, 4:57pm by Richr8 » IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #130 on: Mar 29th, 2006, 4:21pm »

STFU Richr8 bash

Never mind him, Ali. There's one in every crowd.
IP Logged
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

« Reply #131 on: Mar 29th, 2006, 4:57pm »

For clarification, let me rephrase that.  Ali, you have a lovely smile.  No offense intended.

Rich
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

Roxygirl
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #132 on: Mar 29th, 2006, 5:06pm »

Thanks.  Not as nice as this smiley face though. Grin
IP Logged
Scott S
New Board Newbie
USA 

Laugh every day and you have more days to laugh!

« Reply #133 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 12:49pm »

OK.. so sorry for not having pictures (8x10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows on the back of each one...  old reference that some may/ may not get).

Anyway, I'm new to this board and look forward to utilizing it for information and hopefully not too often to  type with one eye tearing and swollen shut, 1 hand on the keyoard and the other on my temple as I while away the hours until I can sleep... I am sure you know what I mean.

I must say, the main page with those couple of testimoinals is an amazing collection of some of my experiences.

Be well ALL...
IP Logged
medic1852
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

This will only hurt for a little while!

medic1852  
Email

« Reply #134 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 1:10pm »

Well for those of you who don't know me..My name is Rodger, I am married to a wonderful woman and I refer to her as Amy~Do..I have two kids Shaun and Sierra I call them my HOGS..It is not a reference to their cleanliness or weight...it is a term of endearment from the Marines...Speaking of which I spent 8 years in my BELOVED MARINE CORPS and not ashamed of it....Currently I work as a PARAMEDIC I have done this for the last 15 years...which I love....I also teach and love to poke fun at others...I have been episodic since I was 15 years old and am now 40...I don't take any medicine for it, I did try Verapamill, didn't like the side effect....So I just use pacing and Oxygen..and time...oh and did I mention oxygen and pacing...so if you have any questions drop me a line or pm me...as I get to know you I will give you my phone number...feel free to email me (it is on my profile)..or holler at me on yahoooooo...I use medic 1852 there as well...anyways here is my ugly mug and the rest of my tribe....

Rodger

Me!

Me and Amy~Do so you dont think I am lying when you see how pretty she is and why the hell she is with me...

Just the Amy~Do

And the HOGS!! Sierra (the girl 7 and Shaun the boy 5)

Well nice to meet you all...

Rodger
IP Logged

Shoot Low Sherrif He's Riding a Sheltland Pony!

Mattrf
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Thank god for my wife and kids who keep me alive.

Mattrf  
Email

« Reply #135 on: Mar 31st, 2006, 11:12am »

Scott  
Welcome to the site and sorry you had to find us. I found a great site that lets you post pictures for free and gives you links so you can post them for your profile here. I accualy think someone here pointed me to them so who ever it was thanks.

http://photobucket.com/
IP Logged

There is no stronger a person then one who can deal with brain pain and still function.
Scott S
New Board Newbie
USA 

Laugh every day and you have more days to laugh!

« Reply #136 on: Mar 31st, 2006, 8:47pm »

Thanks for the welcome.  Yes, I suppose it is an unfortunate circumstance to have to find the site, but the silver lining is that there is a site like this.

For now, I remain PF since Nov 2005, but wouldn't surprise me if a cycle was coming up with the change in weather here in the northeast.  I keep my fingers crossed to hold it off.

Thanks for the info about the pictures.. I will check it out.

Be well.
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #137 on: Mar 31st, 2006, 9:09pm »

If ever I am having a heart attack and you come across me, ....EMT or not

Let me die!!!!! Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #138 on: Apr 1st, 2006, 12:48pm »

The only picture I have is with my daughter, and it is sideways......sorry
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #139 on: Apr 1st, 2006, 12:54pm »

Great to see your face Scott!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #140 on: Apr 2nd, 2006, 3:14am »

Yes finally. I just can't stop laughing about Jonny's post to Medic !!!
IP Logged

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #141 on: Apr 3rd, 2006, 6:52pm »

Fixed it for ya, Bro  Wink

Edit to add:....Thats one beautiful kid you have there, hope you own a baseball bat or a gun Grin
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2006, 6:54pm by Jonny » IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #142 on: Apr 4th, 2006, 12:32am »

Thanks Jonny----She got her looks from her mother--believe me !
IP Logged

I Cant Dance
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
USA 

Kicking "Fat Bastard" to the curb!

« Reply #143 on: Apr 8th, 2006, 2:02am »

I'm Dale from Oregon, just joined this board today or yesterday or some recent time between episodes.  This is year 5 or 6 for me, and I am dancing with the beast week 5 in this cycle.  I am a teacher and have now missed five weeks of class....

I am survived by my wonderful wife and three awesome little scooters.  Thanks for this site!

IP Logged

"I can endure more pain than anyone you've ever met. That's why I can beat anyone I've ever met."
-Steve Prefontaine, "Without Limits"----Yeah Right! "I got yer pain right hiya."
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

Welcome Dale!
« Reply #144 on: Apr 10th, 2006, 10:25am »

That's agreat looking crew you've got there. Now jump in and start learning, or just row.  We're here for you.
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

mardiganseraph
New Board Newbie
USA 

they're coming to take me away

mardiganseraph2000  
Email

« Reply #145 on: Apr 12th, 2006, 10:01am »

hey yall,
 My name is marcus and I am extremely new at this whole clusterhead thing. back in 99 my uncle was diagnosed with clusters. 5 years later I was diagnosed with migraines..... when they went away after about 9 months I thought I was cured. now they are back and more intense than ever before. when i talked to my uncle about what the pain level was like, he said it couldnt be anything other than clusters then he reffered me to this site and told me to pray. I am only 23 years old and have been suffering from these CHs since my 1st tour in the desert. yes i am military. what can i possibly do? the military docs keep changing my prescriptions around and I'm tired of seeking an answer in pain relief. and is this common in people my age? i have no stress and love what i do. HELP!!!!!!  

NEWBIE mardiganseraph
AKA Marcus
IP Logged
Garys_Girl
New Board Veteran
USA 

Kill the Beast!

« Reply #146 on: Apr 12th, 2006, 7:38pm »

Marcus,  

Clusters can hit at any age, and it is FREQUENTLY misdiagnosed - often for decades, if not years.  Now that we've figured out what hubby has, when he thinks back on it, he's realized this goes back to when he was 17.  His cycles were short with years inbetween until he hit his early 30s.  We're both 43 now, and we're heading into week 7.  

Apart from the meds, have you tried 02 yet?  It's a very effective abortive for many most of the time.  Click on the link on the left.  It required specific PROPER equipment.  Also check out the Kudzu thread in the Medications section of the board.  It's helping hubby quite a bit.

Sorry you had to seek out this site, but there's loads of information available here.  Unfortunately there's just nothing that works all the time for everyone.  It seems to be a very individual thing - and there's just not enough research being done.  No one knows what causes it yet, though it appears to be somehow linked to the hypothalamus.

Wishing you pain free days!  And kick around here and ask, ask, ask.

Laurie

« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2006, 12:28pm by Garys_Girl » IP Logged

"It's comin' like a freight train - can't you hear it?" - Gary
wildhaus
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Switzerland 

4Re: Who is who here to the newcommers
« Reply #147 on: Apr 22nd, 2006, 7:20am »

Just an update..... My „personal support team“ .....  

.....I LOVE YOU SO MUCH...........
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2006, 7:37am by wildhaus » IP Logged

zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #148 on: Apr 22nd, 2006, 4:31pm »

Great looking bunch !!! Very nice wild.
IP Logged

PV
New Board Newbie
USA 

It's been about 30 years now!

Email

« Reply #149 on: Apr 29th, 2006, 6:24pm »

Hi everybody!

had already thrown in the ocasional post, but never introduced myself:

CH since 1977 (I think, can't really remember anymore). No I'm 47 and I'm just ending an episode!
went un- and misdiagnosed for more than 15 years.

At some point I never wanted to see a doctor again, I had the feeling whenever I started treating - it got worse!

I started with 2 week episodes every 8 - 10 months, the I moved to 4 week episodes every 1.5 years, now I have 6 week episodes and the last two remissions were 2.5 and 3 years.
This was my first episode on O2 - It took about 3 weeks to get all the right equipment (mask, flow regulator) and I'm still not sure about it.

Yes it can abort 95% of my attacks, but during peak time I had to get up every 2 hours, so for a few weeks I had 3 - 6 attacks a day (night). It was never that often before. Also my shadows were more persistent, stronger.

But then again, I don't know if the o2 was the cause, or I was just lucky that I discovered O2 just in time for this episode.
I mean CH keeps on changing on me and a lot of stuff I tried and what helped for 1 episode didn't any longer for the next.

Anyway, this site has been of immense help to me!

Thank You all!

PV
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8  ...  19 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss