Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 1:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Who is who here to the newcommers »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   Who is who here to the newcommers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9  ...  19 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Who is who here to the newcommers  (Read 24315 times)
Drew_Va
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

Re: Who is who here to the newcommers
« Reply #150 on: May 3rd, 2006, 9:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

New here but I thought I would add to this intersesting thread. I am 43 and have had ch for 24 years. I am married for 12 years to a wonderful gal and have a 6 year old daughter and a 6 month old daughter. I am the second from the right in the picture. Obviously, fishing is my passion.

IP Logged

Endeavor to persevere
clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #151 on: May 4th, 2006, 10:16am »

Not new, but thought I'd post a pic or two:

I'm Casey, 29, and have had Clusters for about 5 years.  Went Chronic last August.  PhD Student at the Universtiy of Toronto.

Here's me and my wife Sarah:

And here is the best moment in Hawaii last year  Grin:

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
Budman
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #152 on: May 6th, 2006, 9:55pm »

I'm Budman (Buddy), 36, live in Lakeland, Florida. I do CAD drawings for a living. Have had the CH's since around '93, and like alot of others have just recently found out exactly what it is that these headaches are. Even though it sucks having these, its a tremendous relief to finally have a correct diagnosis! This site is a gold mine for strategies and support for dealing with CH.  

I love Christy, my girlfriend of 14 years, Football, (watching it) Fantasy Football, Golf, (playing it), Madden 2006, I play drums, love Metal. I have 2 dogs, China, and Football. Been a Bucs fan forever.....hold on..maybe THATS why I get these CH's!
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2006, 10:06pm by Budman » IP Logged

Put the corkscrew down!
colleena
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I have finally found what I have been looking for
« Reply #153 on: May 8th, 2006, 10:46am »

I have had migraines since 7th grade and I am 41 now.  No one has mentioned cluster headaches until last month.  I found this website this morning while I wait for my doctor to call in more meds for me.  I took the quiz and I cried when I read the results.  The only thing is nothing was mentioned about tearing your ear off because of the pain.  I can't believe people are out there that can understand my pain.  My sisters always thought I made it up.  I have printed out the test and will be making an appointment with a neurologist soon.  Thank you.
IP Logged
clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #154 on: May 8th, 2006, 10:59am »

Budman, Colleena,

Welcome to the family.  

Correct diagnosis is key, and relieving when it finally comes.  I am glad that you are getting in with a Neuro soon Colleena.  That is a great step.

I've said it before, there is no other place that I'd rather be with Cluster Headaches than right here.  More info than you can digest, and more love than you can handle.  We all know what we're going through, and that is priceless right there.

While I would rather that you didn't have CH at all, I am happy to say welcome here!

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
She-ra_mommy
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #155 on: May 9th, 2006, 10:30pm »

Hi I am Michal (sounds like Michelle)
Iam 34 have been having CH since 04.
IP Logged
Katherinecm
New Board Old Timer
USA 

katycatcm   katycatcm
WWW Email

« Reply #156 on: May 14th, 2006, 12:38pm »

Hi, I'm Katy.  

I'm 27 & I've had CH since February 2003. I was lucky in that my first ER visit I got a doctor that has CH, so after some CAT & MRI scans to rule out anything else, he helped me pretty quickly.  Cheesy

At first my triggers seemed to be getting secondary infections. But I'm not sure what triggered the last episode, which seems to have switched to chronic when I was taking Trex & verapamil. I blame the drugs.  Embarassed

My dad had chronic headaches that I suspect were CH. He passed away two years ago so it's impossible to confirm this now. He had head injuries in Vietnam and literally had a steel plate in his head, so he always blamed that for the chronic headaches and pain in his left eye.

I've been lurking here for a while, and finally joined to post a treatment I am experimenting with. I'm also considering writing an updated book about CH, since there doesn't seem to be a good one out there. It took me a while to find the message boards, but I immediately went to Barnes & Noble once I had my diagnosis. All of the information was wrong!  Lips Sealed

If anyone has specific ideas of what they'd like to see in a book, email me. Obviously people who've spent much time here are likely to be experts on their pain, the book I would write would more help with people newly diagnosed.  Wink

Katy
IP Logged

http://www.squidoo.com/clusterheadaches/

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings that have a human experience." Teilhard de Chardin

"It is not death or pain that is to be dreaded, but the fear of pain or death." Epictetus
jimbeam
New Board Newbie
Great_Britain 

I'm here

« Reply #157 on: May 16th, 2006, 6:11am »

Hello every one. I was diagnosed with cronic clusters in Feb 01 with a 3 day episode. I had them for as long as i can remeamber. I have been looking in on the message board from time to time. Reading your postings have helps alot. I have a daughter 12 turing 13 (she acts 16)she has seen me at my worst and best with the beast. Bless her she has been through alought. I live and work in England but i'm from Pennsylvania USA. To all this is a great site and to hear others dealings with the beast hopefully now can chat with you. I was unable to interact with the site only could read. Take care there still tomarrow for crazy fun.
IP Logged
CUE
New Board Newbie
USA 

retracttocs  

« Reply #158 on: May 22nd, 2006, 7:07pm »

Well, hello all. My name is Anthony (go by Tony mostly), and I am, of course, a fellow clusterhead. I only recently ran across this website during my current cluster cycle, but I have dealt with the "beast" since I was around 19 years old. I am currently 26, and I suffer the episodic type. My cycle usually starts up around spring (april-june) somewhere, but my periods of remission vary. For example, I haven't had a visit from the beast in the last 3 years or so.

I was diagnosed fairly quickly due to the luck of working with a doctor whom had previous experience with this rare "curse." However, the first few battles I fought on my own being the stubborn person that I am believing that something so painful couldn't happen more than once.... or twice... or maybe it can.

I posted some more details about my experiences in the guestbook, but to provide the short version, here are some of them. What works for me currently as an abortive seems to be only Imitrex injections. I tried the nasal spray in a desperate effort on a Sunday (couldn't get the injections anywhere), but they did NOTHING but waste my cash. As a cycle breaker, I am trying Prednisone this time around, but it is hard to say whether it has worked or whether the end of the cycle was already here. Finally, since my cycles are often too random along with the attacks from the beast, a preventative doesn't seem right for me. I don't like taking anything that I don't have too. However, I have tried Verapamil in the past (for a short time).

I have read a lot of the information on this site before entering into this forum, so I hope to try many of the other options that might work for me (especially the Oxygen and/or the Imitrex tip).

As for the about me, I am just a single guy battling the beast from time to time and doing my best to get by. Well, PFDs to you all, and I'll look forward to talking with you all in the future.
IP Logged

There's no pain like our pain.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #159 on: May 22nd, 2006, 8:17pm »

Whattup Cue!

Wishing you a brief cycle.

There is pleanty to share and pleanty to learn.

Stick around and enjoy your new home!!!!

E
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #160 on: May 22nd, 2006, 8:27pm »

Hey Cue dude, let me know if you have trouble getting 02 ....I can get you hooked up cheap!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

CUE
New Board Newbie
USA 

retracttocs  

« Reply #161 on: May 26th, 2006, 10:55pm »

Thanks guys, and I'll be sure to take you up on the offer should the need arise.
IP Logged

There's no pain like our pain.
ciaran
New Board Newbie
Ireland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #162 on: Jun 7th, 2006, 6:53am »

Hi,
My Name is Ciaran im irish, 23, and I've had ch for 3 years, I always get a cycle around my birthday Sad Great site helped my partner to understand more and I wish everyone well Smiley

Pic will follow later
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #163 on: Jun 7th, 2006, 7:40am »

Hello Ciaran,
Cead Mile Failte  Grin (My mother lives in Galway!)
Tell us a bit more about yourself, what meds you take etc, start up a thread of your own so we can see if there is anything we can do to help.
Looking forward to hearing from you and your other half too!
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

ciaran
New Board Newbie
Ireland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #164 on: Jun 7th, 2006, 11:45am »

Ehh realise im being a typical bloke but just drink bottles and bottles of H2O as Im mad busy in work so cant leave to get shots, although if this cycle doesn't end soon I think I'll have to swallow my pride and see someone again about this!
i "seem" to be better off then most as I havnt had a level 10 in over two years but at the mo Im getting alot of 6s and 7sSad
Well done on the Irish Helen its great to see agus failte romhat  Cool
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #165 on: Jun 7th, 2006, 12:01pm »

Oh don't be fooled Ciaran, its (practically) the only Irish I know that isn't swear words!
How long do your cycles usually last? one tip I can give you is Red Bull, believe it or not alot of us here have had a lot of success chugging that at the onset of a hit but you have to get it early. Strong coffee can help alot too. Have a good look around here, there are alot of alternativetype therapies you might like to try if getting to the doctor is a problem. Id definitely recommend the red bull though! (ice cold red bull seems to help more and ice packs on the face and neck are very good too)
We'll get you sorted!
Helen
IP Logged

ciaran
New Board Newbie
Ireland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #166 on: Jun 7th, 2006, 3:51pm »

Cool red bull I'll try it in the mornin when I usually get the worst attacks! The cycles usually last 2-3 weeks although this one is a bit longerSad I read some espodic suffers became chronic? That’s kinda scary I can’t imagine anything worse, I can’t sympathize enough with them!!!
Thanks Helen I'll let you know how it goes in the mornin
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2006, 3:53pm by ciaran » IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #167 on: Jun 8th, 2006, 4:06am »

I'm a chronic Ciaran and we dread it from the other angle, the fear of waiting for it to come back!
I guess its "the devil you know"....
Good luck with the red bull today, I'll be checking in to see how you get on!  Smiley
IP Logged

ciaran
New Board Newbie
Ireland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #168 on: Jun 8th, 2006, 11:40am »

Hey Helen,
good news the beast rumbled this morning but 2 redbulls and 3 coffees later he went back asleep a pain free day so far and long may it last..........
now what works well to stop him waking up again?
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #169 on: Jun 8th, 2006, 11:43am »

Oh Ciaran,  
If I knew what would stop the bugger waking up I'd tell you in a heartbeat!
I'm really really glad the redbull and coffee is working for you and long may it last. Who knows, maybe it'll even kick the bugger into submission for you!
Let us know how you're doing okay?
Helen
IP Logged

julieknfla
New Board Newbie
USA 

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING

julieknfla  
Email

« Reply #170 on: Jun 10th, 2006, 10:01am »

Hi, I'm Julie and this is my husband, Les. I'm an echo tech-a cardiac sonographer, and Les is in construction. We live in florida.
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #171 on: Jun 10th, 2006, 10:04am »

................................. Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

smfaison
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #172 on: Jun 13th, 2006, 10:02pm »

I am an episodic clusterhead.  I managed to go 3 years between spells, but one just started.  Now I am in for about 4 months of hell.
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #173 on: Jun 17th, 2006, 9:21pm »

Hi. I'm Bill. I've been here for awhile, but never thought to look for a thread like this. Anyhow, here's a picture of me playing with my band, The Empty Suits:

I'm the one on the right in the white shirt. Husband, father, engineer by day, bass player in a rock and roll band by night. It's more for therapy than money. It's like vitamins to me.

Began having CH around the time my son was born, in 1991. Thought for sure I had either a brain tumor or Multiple Sclerosis. I went so far as to write out my will by hand. Then I went to see a fantastic neurologist who diagnosed me right away and have been pretty successful treating the symptoms with Verapamil, Lithium, Amerge, Maxalt, and my fave, O2.

I went chronic in 2002 and finally checked into the hospital for IV DHE treatment, which worked right away and lasted until 36 hours after I checked out. Got slammed with the worst week of Kip 8-10 headaches I've ever had, then they  just went away for 9 months. Now I'm back to my regular cycles - 2 per year lasting 8-10 weeks, but very manageable with the above listed drugs.

I value this place a great deal, and all of the souls that search for answers here. Nobody here should be discouraged when they find something that works - that's unforgiveable in my book. Those of you who are guilty of this know who you are and you ought to knock it off.

Anyhow, I thank my lucky stars for each and every one of you. May your days and nights be pain free.

Bill
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Owch
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #174 on: Jul 13th, 2006, 3:59pm »

Hello my name is Chalen, dont even know what to write. just glad i found this place and see that im not alone. that helps in itself. i get chronic ch's that just pop up whenever the hell they feel like it. usually at the worst times of course. been having them since i was 20 im 27 now... luckily i dont get them every day multiple times like i used to or i dont think i would of made it this far. but they still drop me none-the-less, still fuck with my job and my life. Still trying to figure out how to cope, so here i am. I take no meds, got tired of pill after pill and trying to explain by the time i take this pill and i get it down im already gonna be full blown and layed out. so i stopped going to dr's. So i just get mine and go hide from the world till its over and wonder why me. I'm glad i found this site... i have lots of reading to do here.  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9  ...  19 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss