Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 8:32am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Who is who here to the newcommers »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   Who is who here to the newcommers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18  19 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Who is who here to the newcommers  (Read 24296 times)
DiamondHeadAche
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Who is who here to the newcommers
« Reply #375 on: Sep 14th, 2007, 1:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am so glad I found this place...  My Name is Jon and I am from Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.  I am 34 and have been a CH sufferer for over 10 years now; just started a cycle yesterday.  Diagnosed about year ago.  What a lonely place this is when only 1% of the world has this condition (until I found you folks!).  Happy to meet you all.

Im the monkey in the middle.
IP Logged
MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go Cubbies  / even though they suck

WWW Email

« Reply #376 on: Sep 14th, 2007, 2:08am »

on Sep 14th, 2007, 1:45am, DiamondHeadAche wrote:
I am so glad I found this place...  My Name is Jon and I am from Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.  I am 34 and have been a CH sufferer for over 10 years now; just started a cycle yesterday.  Diagnosed about year ago.  What a lonely place this is when only 1% of the world has this condition (until I found you folks!).  Happy to meet you all.

Im the monkey in the middle.

Whats up bro.Whats with the user I.D. Do you go there?
What meds are you taking.Have you tried energy drinks?
Tell us.

Dave
IP Logged
DiamondHeadAche
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #377 on: Sep 14th, 2007, 2:34am »

Hi Dave,

I am on Verapamil HCL 240mg right now.  I tried Prednisone but all it did was leave me a bitter taste in my mouth.  I have also tried the pill form of Imitrex but it didn't seem to work.  CHs would subside before the med takes effect.  I also had the Imitrex nasal spray.  Funny thing is that I never did try it because my insurance company would only allow me 4 per month.  Since I could have up to 6 CHs a day, I was always scared of running out of the spray and ended up never using them.  Been scared of trying the injections too.  When I get an attack, I find having my face in front of an air conditioner running full blast helps.  Do energy drinks help too?  Never did try that.  As for the screen name - I live a few miles away from Diamond Head.

Glad I found this forum.  Did a search on CH last night and I found one that promotes LSDs as a cure.  Magic mushrooms I will not partake.

Jon
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2007, 3:01am by DiamondHeadAche » IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #378 on: Sep 14th, 2007, 6:14am »

Jon,  
Welcome. I'm sorry you have a need to be here. It's a great site and one that has changed my life and my outlook on life. There are answers.

As for the site you found. If it was clusterbusters this is a legitimate route which many people have had success with. They are not promoting LSD, nor is it a druggy site. They have done serious work in trying to research, promote research and disseminate information using alternative methods that tap into compounds that help cluster headache sufferers. So please be careful dismissing it so easily.

I haven't gone this route yet but will be in the Fall using one of the methods they have identified which is tapping into chemicals found in the RC seed (Morning Glory). Many have had success.

You may not want to consider it but as you learn about how different people suffer from this conditon, you will see that the pharmaceutical options, while often effective, often don't eventually offer answers for everybody.

Good luck in your pursit for more pain-free days.

Scott
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
bigbadwolf
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #379 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 10:07am »

Hi Everyone, I've just been diagnosed with suffering with Cluster Headaches. My god don't they hurt! (understatement). I've been suffering now for nearly 2 weeks, and I can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel. They're trying me on ANOTHER new set of drugs which will be the 4th thing they've tried. Is there anything I can do to help myself?
IP Logged
GrandPotentate
New Board Veteran
USA 

mmmmmmmmmm

« Reply #380 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 9:52pm »

Hey BBW, welcome.  This is a great site, there are a lot of folks here who have been through the gamut.  Read, read, read.  Keep shopping for doctors till you find one with the experience or with willingness to crack some books and work with you.  Right now I have a lousy GP, but he finally referred me to a good neuro.

Read up on oxygen - it has worked wonders for me and many others.  There is a little fuss, and a little practice,but it is well worth it.

May your cycle be short and your hits tolerable.

IP Logged

Jon
Metalcreature
New Board Newbie
USA 

Gotta love a good Stoudt

Metalownz74@yahoo.com  
Email

« Reply #381 on: Sep 20th, 2007, 12:07am »

Hi, my name is Joey, and ive had CH for about 10 years now. Im so glad i found this site, as its changed the way i can now deal/handle these vicious things. If i can in any way shape or form help any of you, let me know. Iam here for each and every person on this website. Because we are all fighting the same war that i believe we will all win someday. By the way, im 33, and i live in the Reading area of PA. I work doing customer service for a living. (which is a headache in itself) Anyway, here is to painfree days, and nights, Cheers... Wink

Joey B, Aka (Metalcreature)
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2007, 12:11am by Metalcreature » IP Logged

After the madness is over and the shadows fade...drink up, because your life you now own again.

Joey B (Metalcreature)
ClusterFluster
New Board Newbie
USA 

go go go away, never come another day

« Reply #382 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 10:43am »

I first thought it was KFC chicken. Then it thought it was alcohol. Then i thought may be i was excercising too much... then i suspected narcolepsy... but now I don't know crap! it just aches aches and aches!  Angry

God, why me?  Huh ok ok, why us?

IP Logged
xxsarahxx
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #383 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 6:46pm »

Hi everyone,  
my name is Sarah, im 17 (18 in under 2 months, wooot! Grin) and i'm from London. I was diagnosed with episodic cluster headaches a few days ago, although iv been suffering from it for about 4 years. I stumbled across this site when i was googling some info on cluster headaches and from what i'v seen it seems like a brilliant place to talk and realte to people who go thru the same things.

T.c xxx
IP Logged
barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Mountain Biking Keeps Me Sane

WWW Email

« Reply #384 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 7:07pm »

Welcome Sarah. You have come to the right place. Pull up a chair and read all there is to read and then read it all again.  

You are with a great group of caring people here who are willing to help others like I have never seen anywhere else. Period!

Barry Smiley
IP Logged

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005,

http://barrysword.blogspot.com

pbjculley
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #385 on: Oct 8th, 2007, 9:53pm »

Hello All.....My name is Phillip I'm 24 years old and have been suffering from CH's for approx. 7 years, but only diagnosed last year. I'm currently going through a set now. started about 2 weeks ago. I started taking Verapramil 180 mg last year and that helped pretty well. But I started them up this year and no help. Went back to the hospital and they upped it to 240 mg. Well needless to say my body was not having that. Started getting dizzy couldn't see straight, but my headaches were better. But they set me back to the 180. Well the headaches are back. I also take Relpax 40 mg for when I get the ones that wake you up from a dead sleep. I'm glad I found some other people that I can talk to that actually knows what I'm going through.
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #386 on: Oct 8th, 2007, 10:03pm »

G'day Phillip, and sorry you have to be here, but if you look around the boards you'll find heaps of information that may be a help to you and ask all the questions you want.

We're here to help so welcome home.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
Emily
New Board Old Timer
Wales 

« Reply #387 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 10:35am »

Hello,

Thought I would introduce myself and have a go at posting some photos as I've been posting here for a few weeks. I've loved looking through the intros to everyone and putting faces to names.

I'm 25, live in Wales but was born and raised for some of my childhood in Canada.  

I live with my OH and 2 dogs, Ruby (R) and Chester (L) who are both rescue lurchers. These are my babies! Here's attempt #1 at posting a photo:

My loves are reading, travelling and cooking. Just before CH arrived in April, my OH and I spent just over 3 weeks in Borneo seeing the wildlife. It was awesome! If you're thinking of going, or love orang utans, I have tons of photos I can show you! Here's me at an Elephant Sanctuary:

We're trying to decide where to go next, but are waiting until the ch settles down and I can manage it effectively. Any suggestions?

I have a younger sister, 2 step-sisters and an 8 yr old adopted brother. My sister also has a son, Oliver. He is the apple of my eye! I love spoiling him, feeding him e-numbers and sending him home. This is us (me, my OH Stephen and Ollie) out at a restaurant enjoying my favourite food - Indian!

I'm quite talkative and love a good chat. Feel free to PM me about anything at all.  

Thanks to all for making me feel really welcome here. This site has been a lifesaver.  

Em
IP Logged

The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.
- Moliere

ClusterNut
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #388 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 9:06am »

Hey all,

34 male here. Recently divorced. Been a clusterhead for 17 years now. I had 2 1/2 years without headaches!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!

Now they are back. getting 2 every night, but can feel shadow lurking around all day. I used to post on here all the time, but when the headaches went away, I kinda strayed, kinda wanted to forget that I had them.  

Anyway, now I'm back and will be here for a while. Will offer support in exchange for support lol. Grin
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2007, 9:08am by ClusterNut » IP Logged
schaan
New Board Veteran
USA 

My Headache Blows your Migrane Away!! :(

9923395 9923395   schaanman   schaanman
WWW Email

« Reply #389 on: Oct 11th, 2007, 2:54am »

thought id post pic of me and the woman who has to put up with me.

this is us at our hobby in disney oklahoma

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/KCZuks/ZK%20Labor%20Day%201/IMG_ 4749.jpg

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/KCZuks/ZK%20Labor%20Day%201/?act ion=view&current=IMG_4749.jpg
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2007, 2:59am by schaan » IP Logged

this place gives me hope when i had none.
Johku
New Board Newbie
Finland 

« Reply #390 on: Oct 11th, 2007, 7:29am »

Hello!

I am 32 year old woman from Finland and I have suffered 11 years this horrible thing. Only last fall one doctor figured out what was 'wrong' with me. Then I found out I'm not alone in the world  Smiley

I have a husband and a son (8 years old) and they try to support me as much as they can. But it's still quite hard to explain why mom is banging her head against the wall or floor, or crying in the bathroom with icepack on her forehead...

It is nice to know all of you. I wish you all beautiful and painless fall!

Johku
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2007, 7:31am by Johku » IP Logged
Smurfysmurff
New Board Newbie
USA 

biotchysmurff

« Reply #391 on: Oct 11th, 2007, 5:49pm »

Hello fellow sufferers.  

Newbie here.  I'm a 21 year old college student at Louisiana Tech Univ.  I've been officially diagnosed with CH since June, although I've more than likely been misdiagnosed since I was a child.  When I was about nine and again when I was 15, I had "sinus headaches" bad enough to miss school, I would have a period of headaches (about six weeks) and then I was fine.  When I was 19, I started getting headaches so bad I had to drop out of my spring semester of college.  At that point, the doctor I was seeing diagnosed me with Rebound headaches.  After a few months of these headaches, they eventually tapered off.  However I would still occasionally get one, not quite going through a cycle, and not the worst CH pain but it would be enough to lock me away by myself for awhile.  My CH's came back full throttle this past February.  My current doctor at first dx'd me with chronic migraines.  But after my third visit to her, begging for help to make the endless pain go away, she finally says, "We'll try something different for your cluster headaches."  And then it was like a gong going off in my head.  This was a new term for me, a new diagnosis.  I was prescribed Maxalt, but my lovely insurance will only pay for a 3 month supply, which is 6 pills.  6 pills in 3 months, yeah right.  The problem is, sometimes they work sometimes they don't, so I have to decide each time I have an attack if i want to risk wasting one or not.  And as we all know, you really can't make decisions during an attack.  I'm not sure if I'm episodic or chronic, as I'm pretty sure I've CH's since I was a child in episodes, however now after 9 months of nonstop attacks, attacks that have gotten so bad, I ended up getting fired from my job for missing days, I think I'm chronic.  So can a person change from episodic to chronic?     I also want to say thanks for all the wonderful information I have found on this sight.  I'm learning so much that I didn't know,  and it does help to know that I'm not just a big wussy who can't handle a tiny headache (my lovely sister's words).  It is hard because, I live away from my family, so they've never actually seen an attack so they don't really believe how bad they are.  Can I get any help on how to address this issue.
IP Logged

"Little Mary Sunshine died. I'm Little Mary Go F*ck Yourself." - Emmett Honeycutt, Queer as Folk

“Its not intellectual superiority so much as not bowing to the lowest common denominator.” - Greg Sanders, CSI
beasly1962
New Board Newbie
USA 

Please Blow Off the Left Side of My Head

« Reply #392 on: Oct 28th, 2007, 6:55pm »

Newbie.  45 yo female, migraine or whatever for 30 years.  Diagnosed as "sinus," then migraines, now ch.  I appear to have migraines as well as ch.  In a cycle right now.  Blech.
IP Logged
danielpeterson
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #393 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 11:35am »

BEING THE ODD DUCK, as we say in Britain, altho I AM from Montana, I started getting CH (or so the doctor said) in my sixties. I, the inveterate reader, found that it is rare for older people to take it in the head. I also read here that you may be dragged over the coals if you mention capsicum (so why do so many here mention so-called energy drinks?) so, neophyte newbie that I AM, I will mention at the onset (pardon the expression) that I got a LOT out of the works of Doctor
John Sarno. Sarno claims that many mysterious pains are simply a "smokescreen" thrown up, a natural defense mechanism, to distract the person from dealing with delicate emotional issues. IN FACT, from what I read, much of this site is focused on hardcore medical "stuff" rather than new-agey, touchy-feely "mind-body" connections....
LOVE YA...
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2007, 11:37am by danielpeterson » IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #394 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 12:25pm »

on Oct 30th, 2007, 11:35am, danielpeterson wrote:
BEING THE ODD DUCK, as we say in Britain, altho I AM from Montana, I started getting CH (or so the doctor said) in my sixties. I, the inveterate reader, found that it is rare for older people to take it in the head. I also read here that you may be dragged over the coals if you mention capsicum (so why do so many here mention so-called energy drinks?) so, neophyte newbie that I AM, I will mention at the onset (pardon the expression) that I got a LOT out of the works of Doctor
John Sarno. Sarno claims that many mysterious pains are simply a "smokescreen" thrown up, a natural defense mechanism, to distract the person from dealing with delicate emotional issues. IN FACT, from what I read, much of this site is focused on hardcore medical "stuff" rather than new-agey, touchy-feely "mind-body" connections....
LOVE YA...

This thread is primarily designed to introduce yourself, not to start arguments. If you would like to discuss your feelings of why Sarno's theories are important to you or question the use of energy drink, please take it to an area such as Medications and Treatments and we'll bat it around over there.

Thank you.

Scott
IP Logged

seasonal boomer
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #395 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 12:31pm »

First off Daniel I say welcome. and hope you will have a good time helping others here. There are some her that try to help with specific advise, but if you really want help and want to get help it is probably best to be here for support and there in will help come. as time goes on then you can and should share what works for you. I would like to suggest though there are many here that may have tried it and it didnt work for them, dont be offended but we are all different and react differently to treatments. As a wise man has said here many times and has been quoted more ... give what you can and take what you need ... Welcome again and hope to talk more later.

Mike  
Also known as Goat!
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #396 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 12:38pm »

First off, welcome Daniel!  I'm sorry to hear you have clusters but you've found the right place for help and advise.
I also read here that you may be dragged over the coals if you mention capsicum (so why do so many here mention so-called energy drinks?)

Hmmm... I was unable to come up with a single thread refering to Capsicum.  Is it spelled right?  I see from Wikipedia that it is a known catalyst for other herbs.  Seems it might help with Kudsu?  And Energy Drinks are called that because it's the easiest way to help someone find them.  If we called them Taurine Drinks or Caffiene Drinks folks would have a harder time Grin

LOVE YA...

So are you saying that Sarno is a quack or are you saying that our problems are all in our heads? Punn intended  Wink

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #397 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 9:46pm »

Daniel, checks out ok, not a troll.

But, call him on his opinions if you want.....nothing new there to this site! Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #398 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 10:48pm »

Quote:
IN FACT, from what I read, much of this site is focused on hardcore medical "stuff"

Yeah, what a concept huh.  Hardcore medical stuff instead of touch-feely nonsense.  

Please bring this to the proper forum for debate.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Francesco
New Board Newbie
Italy 

WWW Email

« Reply #399 on: Oct 31st, 2007, 7:41am »

Hello,
my name is Francesco 49 years old from Italy,
married, two girls 22 and 12.  
I came here in 2004 for the first time
I am suffering of CH from about 20 years, from 1988 to 1999 periodical, after she has become chronic, I am sure to have tried everything to have some relief.
Since many years I use Oxygen (3000/6000Lt daily), 4x120 Isoptin, 4x400 Neurontin(new entry) and Imigran,
and fortunately somehow they make me go on.
Please forgive my English, because I do speak it but for me is hard to write it, so I' will introduce my self better next post...sorry about that.
Pain free  whishes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18  19 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss