Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 5:16pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Long time lurker, first time member. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   Long time lurker, first time member.
« Previous topic | No topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Long time lurker, first time member.  (Read 561 times)
rocketman3104
New Board Newbie
USA 

Fightin'em off, one at a time

Long time lurker, first time member.
« on: Jan 1st, 2008, 12:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, I'm Paul from Springfield, Oh. I've been a episodic clusterhead for at least 8 years. Mabey longer. I am currently in a cycle and having up to 8 a day. Last night was BAD!

My support (and Godsend) is my wife, Jeannie. Together we have 5 wonderful children(ages 14-21), who thank god, haven't seen me in a full blown battle. Jeannie is the only one I'll let in the ring with me(she's got my back). Jeannie is who educated my doctor and told him what to do. Thank God he listened to her. She fights the insurance company and pharmacy for me, so I can fight my monster with both Fists. She makes sure it gets done and dosen't take "No" or "Theres nothing we can do" very lightly! She's little, but she lets who ever gets in her way of helping me have it!

This web site has given us so much information and help. I hope somewhere down the posts I can repay someone. So "sorry we had to meet this way, but so glad we got to meet".

P/S: "O2 rocks and Imitrex rolls"              Paul.  
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2008, 1:03pm by rocketman3104 » IP Logged

Paul
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

Re: Long time lurker, first time member.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 1:10pm »

Welcome home Paul and Jeannie!  Sorry you're getting pounded right now Paul.  But is also sounds like you two make a kick ass team  Grin

Giving back is very powerful therapy.  Even when you can't ease your own pain, helping someone else makes you feel awesome.  

I hope you both get a break soon.  

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
rocketman3104
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 1:31pm »

Thanks Dennis,

I couldn't fight with out her. When I'm getting beat, she comes in the ring and takes my gloves off for me and tells me to hit where it counts. She also knows when I need to fight by myself. She's the greatest.  
IP Logged

Paul
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 8:17pm »

Thank God for supporters like Jeannie.  You are one lucky man my friend.  She sounds like an awesome advocate for you.

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
rocketman3104
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 9:57pm »

She is the best and I know it. She hounds the doctors for samples, when the insurance company tells us "only 4 per month". She educated them real quick! She told them "he could use that (Imitrex) in a day". When they weren't going to cover my o2 because " it's not respiratory in nature". She gave them a quick lesson in what it's like to watch someone you love pound their head on the floor from an attack. o2 was delivered that day.

She would stand beside my bed at the E.R. and tell the doctors and nurses what was going on and what I needed. Didn't take them long to find out she knew what she was talking about. When we would come in they would get an o2 mask ready without asking. She got the E.R. Doctor so interested in Clusters, She (E.R Doc) actually researched some information and was ready for me on the next visit.  

She knows when the fights about to take place, (sometimes before I do). I know the pain that we go through during our bouts with this monster. I can't imagine what pain our supporters feel. Different kind of pain, but just as much intensity.

Sorry this turned out to be this long. I just can't say enough about her. My heart goes out to those that support and to those who have to fight this monster alone.  

Thanks to this site, we know we aren't the only ones who do battle with this demon, and that has helped many. Thanks again for a great site.
IP Logged

Paul
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | No topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss