Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 1:36am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Howdy All »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   Howdy All
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Howdy All  (Read 497 times)
Redbull_Junkie
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Taurine Rocks

Howdy All
« on: Jan 5th, 2008, 12:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all
little bout myself>
been a clusterhead for thirty painfull years now,i get a cycle about every two years,they last about three months a time
found these boards around 2002 thought i might aswell join up and join the family
discoverd redbull this cycle it aborts 90% of my hits  
also take 12mg melatonin wich helps with the nightime hits
painfree wishes to you all
Kev
IP Logged
artonio7
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Home since 11/18/06

artonio9  

Re: Howdy All
« Reply #1 on: Jan 5th, 2008, 1:49am »

Nice to meet you Kev.

Sorry that your'e going through this though and glad that you're finding some relief with red bull. Have you been to a neurologist concerning your condition? Have you been diagnosed with CH?

with warm regards,
Tony
IP Logged

Hope! http://artonio7.com
CH Pain Calendar Free Download
For artwork
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 5th, 2008, 8:00am »

Hi Ken!  Welcome to the family.  Sounds like you are coping.  Please let us know more about how you wrestle the beast.  We only learn through sharing what works and what doesn't for each of us.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 5th, 2008, 12:06pm »

Welcome to the board, you didn't mention oxygen! The first line abortive for many here, it's been the miracle fix for me. 6-8 minutes huffing the 02 and I'm pain free. Certainly worth a shot. So glad you found us.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 5th, 2008, 7:30pm »

Hi Kev
Welcome home: Yanchep eh, hell I was only down your way for a week just before Christmas, we have a 5 acre property near Guilderton just off the Wannaroo/Lancelin road, I took a caravan down there to live in when we do our annual pilgrimage to the smoke in April, maybe we can catch up when I’m down next (Oh I’m from Karratha by the way)
From your post it doesn’t sound like your getting hit right now & I hope it stays that way for you.

Cheers
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
imfareware
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

Hello  Everyone!!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 5th, 2008, 9:47pm »

Hello, I'm also new to this site, but not to CH, 20 plus years for me.  I never heard of the melatonin, gonna pick me some up in the morning.  Right now I'm at the beginning of my cycle (about every 2 years I've been averaging for 6 years now).  Hang in there.
IP Logged

Pain is temporary, Love is Permanent
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 6th, 2008, 12:13am »

Welcome to Clusterville Kev

I've been here since 2/02 and these guys gave me my life back.

Read, read, read . . . tons of info here and caring folk who truly know your pain.

Be Safe,   PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
Redbull_Junkie
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Taurine Rocks

« Reply #7 on: Jan 9th, 2008, 4:03am »

Thanks for the welcome
Barry i'm mid cycle at the moment,but have been taking redbull three times a day for the past two years(since my last cycle ended),i think it has helped as i am able to abort a hit with two cans but my shadows seem to be stronger than i remember them to be,and nuthin seems to get rid of them
Have noticed a few strange things this time though:
1, usualy i love the taste of redbull but it makes me feel sick when i down it at the onset of a hit?
2,i have a stong craving for liquorise
3,for some strange reason i can have a beer without it trigering an attack,the smell of alcohol used to trigger me
4,my 1am wake up has now changed to 5am since starting the melatonin

don't know if any of the above has anything to do with redbull but this is the strangest cycle ive ever had,and the most painfree apart from the constant shadows,and my hit times are no longer predictable.

btw ive tried topamax as a prevent but didnt like the side efects,also had pred tapers and a few things i dont remember now,most of wich have worked after a month or so but
im trying to get through this cycle without to many meds,i do carry trex with me and have only had to use it twice so far,and no er visits this time eighther.

have a lot of muscle pains in shoulders and neck but not sure if they are anything to do with the clusters or just old age.

best painfree wishes to you all
Kev

p.s Barry give us a holla when your heading down this way would be nice to catch up...
pps have used o2 before BUT i'm a smoker and the first thing i do as the beast retreats is light up....i live in a one room van!nuff said..
IP Logged
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

« Reply #8 on: Jan 9th, 2008, 10:48am »

on Jan 9th, 2008, 4:03am, Redbull_Junkie wrote:

pps have used o2 before BUT i'm a smoker and the first thing i do as the beast retreats is light up....i live in a one room van!nuff said..

Enuff said?  I think not.  Put the tank outside and huff away.  Get oxygen.

Potter

IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #9 on: Jan 9th, 2008, 7:29pm »

on Jan 9th, 2008, 4:03am, Redbull_Junkie wrote:
2,i have a stong craving for liquorise

Copied from a post by the lovely Sandie99 who secretly wants to have my babies -

"Finnish candy manufacturer Panda has just launched one interesting product: a licorice bar with caffeine, taurine and guarana! It's called Super Pepe.  

Now, that 50g bar contains 105g of caffeine and 200g of taurine, the amount of guarana is not mentioned. The bar has clear warnings: not for kids and do not eat more than 3 bars per day.  

I saw that bar for the first time today and got one. The next time I'll get shadows, I'll check out if it helps. If so, then it comes in more convenient form than some other treatments and hopefully, the taste will be a good one...  

Sanna
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
tessistired
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

tesslovescoffee   tesslovesthecafe
Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 10th, 2008, 9:32am »

Hey there Kev!

Welcome to the family!

Sorry you've been with the beast for so long but glad you found us here.  I know you can learn so much hear and there is so much support here for you!  Everyone is absolutely wonderful and knowledgeable (sp) and we will do what we can to help you so share what info you have and learn lots!

PAIN FREE WISHES FOR YOU ALWAYS AND MANY BLESSINGS

Tess
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss