Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Thank You »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   Thank You
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thank You  (Read 333 times)
jbellino
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Thank You
« on: Jan 10th, 2008, 8:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My name is Joe, I'm 32 and I suffer from these horrible headaches.  I started getting them about 10 years ago, but none of the doctors I went to knew what they were.  I made several trips to the ER, and contimplated the "s" word when nothing else worked(glad I just contimplated it).  About a year and a half ago I went tot a Neurologist and he finally diagnosed what these damn things are.  Not that knowing what they are helps with the pain, but at least I know.  Anyway, he did the steroids, and the pain meds and the Imitrex injections which by the way are the only thing that helps me get rid of them.  I usually get these headaches around the change of seasons.  I am currently in my "cluster" time and have had at least 2-3 a day since the first of Dec.  Unlike most of what I have read in here and on the internet, I cannot set my clock by these things.  They come and go as they please with alot of them being around 2-3am.  

I am so miserable when I get them, and fell real bad after they have gone away.  The worst one this time was Christmas Eve.  It started about 5pm and did not get rid of it until 3pm the 26th.  I did the shots, I took OTC meds, I paced and showered and you name it I tried it, but nothing worked.  It finally went away only to come back the next day.  

Do any of you know if there is a cure, or if there is anything surgically they can do to stop the headaches from reoccurring?  If you do please let me know, I don't want to be giving my self a shot for the rest of my life, or taking pills  forever.

Thank you so much for putting this site out here for people who suffer from the most excrutiating pain in the world.

Joe
IP Logged
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10th, 2008, 8:18pm »

Get oxygen and toss the drugs.

Potter
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
jbellino
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10th, 2008, 8:56pm »

I am going to get the O2 tomorrow, I have tried it a few times at work and it helped.  I have been reading the posts on here and some of these stories have brought tears to my eyes knowing that I am not the only one to suffer from these things.
IP Logged
tessistired
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

tesslovescoffee   tesslovesthecafe
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10th, 2008, 8:59pm »

Hi there Joe!

Welcome to the family!  So glad you found us but I am sorry it is under these circumstances.  

If you haven't already done so...check out the OUCH web site...on the left of the screen you will see links hilighted in yellow and you can click on it and get lots more valuable info.  No there is no cure yet for cluster headaches but by golly Lord willing there will be one day!!

Have you seen your neuro within the last yr and a half?...Are you on any preventative meds such as verapamil, Topamax, or Lithium?  If not it would be a good idea to talk with your neuro about a treatment plan of attack.  Let us know what you are currently doing to prevent your ch's  and we can try to help you.  We are here to support you in any and every way possible.

I wish nothing but the best for you!

PAIN FREE DAYS AND NIGHTS ALWAYS

TESS
IP Logged
jbellino
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10th, 2008, 9:07pm »

I have not seen the neurologist since last may, but I have seen my family doctor two weeks ago and he prescribed the O2 and Diltiaz.  I ahve tried the Verapamil, but it didn't seen to help much so he stopped them.  The only other treatment I am doing is the shots, when I have one available.
IP Logged
artonio7
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Home since 11/18/06

artonio9  

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11th, 2008, 1:51am »

Hello Joe,

Nice to meet you. Sorry that you're going through this now but you're in a good place.
If you have a prescription for oxygen that's a great thing. Get yourself a Clustermax (a really wonderful non-re-breather mask) and be sure to read about the proper way to use the oxygen you can find great info on the OUCH site as Tess said.
Glad that you found your way here Joe. Stick around.

with warm regards,
Tony
IP Logged

Hope! http://artonio7.com
CH Pain Calendar Free Download
For artwork
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss