Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 3:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hello From North Carolina »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hello From North Carolina
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hello From North Carolina  (Read 471 times)
lastchance77
New Board Newbie
USA 

Once upon a time in.......

Hello From North Carolina
« on: Jan 11th, 2008, 4:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just signed up for this forum and wanted to say hello,

I have just recently turned 30yrs old and have been fighting my cluster problem for around 9 yrs.

I hope to get alot of insight from this forum and look forward to chatting.  

Thanks-David Smiley
IP Logged
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

Re: Hello From North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 12:00am »

Welcome, David.

Tell us a bit about your CH, whether you're an episodic or chronic, how they present, and whether you've been diagnosed, or are currently taking medications for them.

Yeah, I know we're nosy--but maybe we can mention a thing or two you haven't tried, or some approaches that could make things a bit easier to deal with.

Again, welcome--look forward to hearing more from you.

Best wishes,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
tessistired
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

tesslovescoffee   tesslovesthecafe
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 8:40am »

Welcome David to the family!

So sorry to hear that you are with the "beast" but know that you are not alone...we are here for you and would like to help you in any way we can so please share whatever info you can with us about your ch's.  There is so much info here for you to read up on and learn.

I have been a clusterhead for about 7 yrs now...started episodic and now chronic for about 3 yrs.  And without this site and everyone here I would have gone nuts!  

I wish nothing but the best for you!
Many Blessings to you and yours!!

PAIN FREE DAYS AND NIGHTS ALWAYS

Tess
IP Logged
lastchance77
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 2:10pm »

Thanks for the reply, I have been down for the last 2 days with 4 serious cluster headaches and starting to go away slowly.

It seems my headaches cycle every couple of months but this last month they have really gotten severe down to where I am ready to change medicine.

I am currently taking 100mgs Imiterx pills and seems as though they dont really help any.
I have used the imitex one shot nasal sprays and it started making my nasal passage very sore.

I am open for any discussion as to relief for the pain because i tell myself it cant get any worse and it does!
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 2:49pm »

Imitrex pills are, for most folks, too slow acting to meet the mad rush of a cluster attack. Spray is liked by a goodly number but sounds like change to the injection is in order,  or might try a pill, Zyprexa (in link following). See this link for options.
---------
http://www.plainboard.com/ch/chtherapy.pdf

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH. Written by one of the better headache docs in the U.S.  (2002)

« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2008, 2:50pm by Bob_Johnson » IP Logged

Bob Johnson
lastchance77
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 7:04pm »

on Jan 13th, 2008, 2:49pm, Bob_Johnson wrote:
Imitrex pills are, for most folks, too slow acting to meet the mad rush of a cluster attack. Spray is liked by a goodly number but sounds like change to the injection is in order,  or might try a pill, Zyprexa (in link following). See this link for options.
---------
http://www.plainboard.com/ch/chtherapy.pdf

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH. Written by one of the better headache docs in the U.S.  (2002)

thanks alot  some very good info in the link.

I have never heard of Oxygen therapy for CH I am leaning for towards that when i return to the doctors office.  thanks again!
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 14th, 2008, 7:49am »

David, there are many folks here who love oxygen but, like everything in this area, it's not 100% effective for all and--much frustration--a significant % of folks find that a med which has been effective, stops working for ??? reasons. Not predicting anything--but part of the learning curve!

If you are not working with a doc who has experience in complex headache issues, you may wish to consider finding one. You certainly live in an area where you can find one. (If interested, get back for info on finding one.)

Suggest you start some organized learning. Some good sources:

MANAGEMENT OF HEADACHE AND HEADACHE MEDICATIONS, 2nd ed. Lawrence D. Robbins, M.D.; pub. by Springer. $50 at Amazon.Com.  It covers all types of headache and is primarily focused on medications. While the two chapters on CH total 42-pages, the actual relevant material is longer because of multiple references to material in chapters on migraine, reflecting the overlap in drugs used to treat. I'd suggest reading the chapters on migraine for three reasons: he makes references to CH & medications which are not in the index; there are "clinical pearls" about how to approach the treatment of headache; and, you gain better perspective on the nature of headache, in general, and the complexities of treatment (which need to be considered when we create expectations about what is possible). Finally, women will appreciate & benefit from his running information on hormones/menstrual cycles as they affect headache. Chapter on headache following head trauma, also. Obviously, I'm impressed with Robbins' work (even if the book needs the touch of a good editor!) (Somewhat longer review/content statement at 3/22/00, "Good book...."Wink

HEADACHE HELP, Revised edition, 2000; Lawrence Robbins, M.D., Houghton Mifflin, $15. Written for a nonprofessional audience, it contains almost all the material in the preceding volume but it's much easier reading. Highly recommended.

Explore the OUCH site (left buttons) as you have time.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss