Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 5:42pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I'm back »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   I'm back
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I'm back  (Read 354 times)
toolong
New Board Veteran
USA 

Looking for an answer

WWW Email

I'm back
« on: Jan 31st, 2008, 4:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It's been quite a while since I posted here and for the most part I've been doing better with my Ch's.That is till just about the last month.They kind of crept up on me again.Same as before left side neck around ear then bam!!Right into the eye.I've had some luck with Voltaren x2 a day.But as of right now I get the daily Ch's around mid-afternoon and they last all night.O2 worked well for about 3 years to abort them 90% of the time but now nothing is working.
 I thought I'd get back to the Ch board to see if anything is new to try.My doc won't let me use the Imitrex stat that saved me before because of a heart attack a few years back.
 I'll be lurking around seeing if anyone has a new magic potion to try.
 Thanks for listening.
IP Logged

Hey,watch this!I saw it on a cartoon and I think it might work!
Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

Re: I'm back
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31st, 2008, 4:33pm »

Welcome back, sorry for the reason.  I still haven't found the magic, but I'll let ya know if I do.

Wishing you well,

Ray
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 31st, 2008, 8:27pm »

Here is the latest list of treatments. Ask you doc about Zyprexa (in the article as olanzapine). A number of us have had excellent results; aborts quicklyl; no issues with heart.
-------------

http://www.plainboard.com/ch/chtherapy.pdf

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH. Written by one of the better headache docs in the U.S.  (2002)

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 31st, 2008, 9:05pm »

Bob has given you the latest in information, by all means read up on it! You do not mention a preventative medication, that being a medication you take, while on cycle, to reduce both the intensity and the frequency of the hits. If I relied solely on abortives, meaning waiting until a headache started to take anything, I'd go thro 02 and imitrex like candy!!!!

When my cycle starts up I go on a 2 week prednisone taper, while I ramp up on lithium, eventually geting up to 1200 mg a day. At that dose I can prevent 80-90% of my headaches. It takes about 2 weeks to get up to a therapeudic level, that's why I taper prednisone at the same time, holds the headaches at bay until the lithium takes affect.

Several other preventatives to read up on in the info Bob gave you, worth the effort to find a good prevent. Good luck to you!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #4 on: Feb 1st, 2008, 12:59am »

Hi David! It's good to see you, but sorry you're getting hit again.  Sad

A question...has the kudzu stopped working for you? I ask because a few long term kudzu users who are chronic sometimes have to take an extended break in order for it to work again.

People here have found that Energy drinks (like Red Bull, Monster, etc) help abort headaches. Also, there is some evidence that taurine supplements can help prevent attacks. Look around the meds board... there's lots to read.

pf wishes, nani

« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2008, 1:04am by nani » IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 1st, 2008, 1:16pm »

Sorry your getting hit again. Keep on the fight.
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
imfareware
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

Hello  Everyone!!

« Reply #6 on: Feb 1st, 2008, 2:43pm »

Hello, I hope your pain goes away soon!
IP Logged

Pain is temporary, Love is Permanent
toolong
New Board Veteran
USA 

Looking for an answer

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:42am »

Kudzu seemed to work for a short time.I tried changing my dosage,and time of day taken.It did work some what and I think the pain was less when taking it.After a while I went through a period with maybe only one or two a month.I thought maybe I've outgrown them.Then some time back I had a killer.It lasted about 5 hours in the middle of the night,and with that I'm back in cycle.It seems that the ones I am experiencing now are more in my eyes then my left temple.And I get the pain where even my scalp hurts.I hate to spend the $ going to see my doctor all he does is give a hand full of pills that have even worse side effects than the Ch's.
 Nice to here from you guys again.But sorry to be back.I'll keep reading and trying different things.I'll keep you all posted on my progress.
IP Logged

Hey,watch this!I saw it on a cartoon and I think it might work!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss