Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 4:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New to the boards... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   New to the boards...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New to the boards...  (Read 2688 times)
Stinger
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: New to the boards...
« Reply #25 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 1:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've taken the pred and verapamil every cycle for the past 10 years and this is really the first time they have helped me.  Although, it may well be the Red Bull and Melatonin that are helping me for all I know.  I didn't know about them in past cycles.  I continue to get hit this cycle with 2-3 headaches a day, mostly in the evening, but I slam the bull as soon as it hits and take 12 grams of Melatonin each night and they seem to go away quicker and they don't go full scale tens at all.  I am a lucky man this time around.
IP Logged
Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 5:55pm »

Quote:
take 12 grams of Melatonin

I'm sure that's a typo, it must be 12 milligrams...

Ray
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #27 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 7:10pm »

Hi again Bill

Were you successful in obtaining your script for 02?

Any other recommended meds or therapies from your doc?

Let us know,

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

..i think to myself, it's a wonderful world..

Email

« Reply #28 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 7:22pm »

My name is Deb, and i live on Long Island. For 35 days now i have had the worst pain known to man!!! first doctor treated as sinus infection, with a few doses of prednisone..............and yes, as soon as prednisone done, back he came!!! scan of sinus', and loads of antibiotics.............i started watching myself during an attack, (the big ones are @ night, either as soon as i lie down, or few hours after), and doing my own research....(alot of this site!!! tks!! Kiss......also my dad started these 24 yrs ago when he was my age!!!! Mine radiates from the top of head, including eye, forhead, ear, cheek, teeth, jaw.......with dull aching all day...herbal heat packs help but basically i pace and cry........i even went to the dentist to see if i had a toothache!!!my big ones are lasting 2 hrs, with mini ones during day.............new doc today, all my symptoms logged, and she agreed with me..........have to go for a CT with contrast to rule out a mass....NOT WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR!! had bloodwork, and she put me on pred for 20 days...........however, once that is done if the cycle not gone, what to do!!!!!!!!! Sad Tho my friends and family are a big support system for me, they just dont get this, and it is so frustrating, i find i cry alot.........no one can fully understand the pain unless they are experiencing it themselves..............i just am so afraid to go to sleep at night...........and i am a Tasting Room Mgr @ a vineyard and wine triggers it, a sip and i get one!!!! how unfair is that!!! Angry this site helped me so much and i found great comfort as well as information when reading....................................thanks for listening
deb Cry
IP Logged
Superdave
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #29 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 7:58pm »

Hi Deb welcome,

Sorry, you need this place but wer'e always happy to help a new sister in pain  

I sent you a pm to help you get started

A great place to be in a bad time Cool
IP Logged

Wow! you mean it's just in my head?
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #30 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 8:17pm »

Don't freak out at the CT scan. Any good doctor will want to rule out the worst first.

Take the cluster quiz at the left of your screen.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
suds74
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #31 on: Mar 8th, 2008, 1:07pm »

I was so flustered by having such a bad headache while at the doctor I failed to ask about the O2. But I did get a prescription for Topamax and one of the nasal sprays whose name escapes me right now.

I started the Topamax on Wednesday and I can't say I have seen a difference in reducing the number of headaches or possible headaches yet...anyone have any experience with regards to how long it might take for Topamax to "kick in" and become an effective preventative medication?

I can say though that the nasal spray I am using has been AWESOME as an abortive treatment. Stops any CH within 10-15 minutes. I will put the name of the nasal spreay up here when it comes to mind since I am at work right now Smiley and have the sprays at home...

P.S. I am now a married man, and hope to have the wife on here soon!

Thanks to all for the help!

BILL
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #32 on: Mar 8th, 2008, 1:40pm »

Newlywed hint #1: Do not refer to your bride as "the wife." It's too much like "the lamp," "the dog," or "the car." There is nothing good down that road. If you want to put a twinkle in her eye for the rest of her life, call her "my bride."

Also, I would call your doc's office back and tell them exactly what you stated here - you were in the throes of pain and forgot to ask for a Rx for O2. Be firm but diplomatic.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
suds74
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #33 on: Mar 8th, 2008, 7:03pm »

brewcrew - thanks for the hints - my bride will be appreciative, I am sure Smiley

Also - as an FYI the nasal spray I mentioned earlier is Zomig - it has been an awesome abortive so far...at least until I ask the doc about O2 at my next appt...but so far no complaints at all about the Zomig

IP Logged
suds74
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #34 on: Mar 8th, 2008, 7:06pm »

Anyone else out there taking Topamax?

I have been reading a bunch of threads on Topamax and noticed the doseages were much higher than mine..I am only taking 25mg twice a day...which seems low compared to many others...

Maybe that is why it hasn't been the "home run" after three days that I expected...

Thanks, Bill
IP Logged
beachmusic

Email

« Reply #35 on: Mar 8th, 2008, 7:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I started out on 25mg. Topamax and was told to increase it 25 mg. every 3 days as needed.  Maximum dose being 200 mg per day until told other wise.... Well that was 5 1/2 weeks ago and I am presently taking 150 mg every evening.  As you can see I titrated up pretty quickly because I was anxious for some results.  They also added depakote on the third week.  
I am brain dead and I have lost 20 lbs,  dizzy and weak so if you have a job that requires mental sharpness I would forget about it.  
My hits have gone from 4 times a day to 1 or 2 and sometimes every other day. They are also shorter in duration and pain level.    I usually don't get hit in the night anymore but if I dare to nap I am doomed.  I also now have a non stop dull headache all day.    
I have a pathetic doctor and until I can get that rectified I have to stick with this program.   I have to say I am better but would certainly prefer pain free!
Good luck to you!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss