Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 10:30am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Here to help! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   Here to help!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Here to help!  (Read 6696 times)
mfleig
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Here to help!
« on: Mar 11th, 2008, 10:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello, Everyone!

I have recently found out about this website through the many sufferers who have contacted me to purchase parts.  I am the Operations Manager for Sea-Long Medical Systems and am using the information you have offered to research the masks and other related items you require.  I would like to be able to carry everything to make purchasing easier.
Can someone please let me know how you are attaching the Humidifier Bottle to the Mask set-up?
Thanks-I'll keep everyone posted on what I am able to carry. M
IP Logged
Yorky
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

learn to meditate (or just sit & do nowt)

Re: Here to help!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 10:55am »

Hello, Everyone!  

I have recently found out about this website through the many sufferers who have contacted me to purchase parts

yea, well i will have a new hypothalamus mate  Smiley

what other parts do you do ?

i have a dodgy right knee  Smiley
IP Logged

today is a gift.....thats why it is called the

present.
Superdave
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 11:37am »

HI M.,
Happy to hear from you. Thank you for helping me with the parts I needed recently to build my clustermask, you were very helpfull and the delivery was only a couple of days. I haven't determined how to attach the humidafier to my o2 set up just yet, hopefully your post will give me some insight on how to do this.  Smiley

Hey everybody, M. knows who we are, and wants to help us when we need parts for our oxygen mask. Please welcome her warmly.  

She may have some other inovative ideas to help us build a better mask. So if you have Ideas or questions for her please post up. She is here to help.

Thanks Superdave Cool
IP Logged

Wow! you mean it's just in my head?
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 11:58am »

Thanks for referring her, apologies to her if we come on strong! Wink We get a lot of unscrupulous souls looking to make a buck off of our friends, we tend to get real hostile towards those types!

If you're recommended by Dave that's good enough for me.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Yorky
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

learn to meditate (or just sit & do nowt)

« Reply #4 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 1:36pm »

sorry m.  
daves recomendation, is good for me too  Smiley

IP Logged

today is a gift.....thats why it is called the

present.
mfleig
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 3:07pm »

No problem.  I am researching mask alternatives and will keep other ideas in mind.  Most of our items deal with the Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment Industry but all areas of oxygen treatment seem to link parts together.  Thanks, SuperDave for the nod of approval.  We haven't figured out the Humidifier bottle attachment yet but saw they were recommended for purchase on this site.
IP Logged
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 3:21pm »

Welcome, m.  (I feel as if I'm addressing an Ian Fleming character. )   Wink

In the past, we've had some discussion about the relative virtues of high-flow regulators vis a vis demand regulators.  Both appear to work--those using demand regulators report that they are more thrifty of oxygen than high-flow regulators.  Obviously, they will require different setups and masks.

Any chance you might elaborate a little bit on that?  I'm contemplating what sort of setup to put together for my next cycle, and I'm sure others would be interested in what you have to say as well.

Thank you.

Best wishes,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 5:42pm »

Hello and thanks for helping.

From what I understand the humidifier or the water bubbler is not attached directly to the mask but via the tubes, so that the oxygen mixes with the water vapour before reaching the mask so its not too dry.

Water bubbler is not available in Australia and my husband had to make his own.  

It looks like this  

Hope that helps.

IP Logged

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Arthur Conan Doyle
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 10:02pm »

You may want to let the webmaster know your sellin parts here.
If you haven't already.

Has to be a high flow to handle the pressure of 15 lpm
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 10:41pm »

http://www.mushys.com/O2/mymask.html
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
mfleig
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 12th, 2008, 8:35am »

Thanks for the photos-they are very helpful.  I will take all this information to technical today and see if there are any other suggestions on set-ups or mask options.  I will post any new details as I get them.

As for selling parts and notifying the webmaster, I'm new at communicating this way so point me in the right direction-I've taken an interest in your condition due to the number of people I have spoken with and think my company may be able to assist with setups due to the extensive research we do in these areas.  Please don't let me get into trouble.

As for bubblers in Australia, I can take care of that.  If you want additional details SuperDave kindly posted the information to reach me.

George J-I will get back with you on the question.  As you see, I'm not the technical genius, just the translator.

Thanks for the warm welcome! M
IP Logged
KaiB
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: Mar 12th, 2008, 10:26am »

Not that I'm that kind of guy now, but...15 years ago, I would have said "that's one hell of a bong".

Thanks guys.
IP Logged
Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Mar 12th, 2008, 12:04pm »

M:

Here's my demand regulator rig, just to contrast the photographs.  I will answer a PM if you have any questions...

Ray
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Mar 12th, 2008, 5:00pm »

IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #14 on: Mar 12th, 2008, 8:22pm »

I hope this helps.

A bit blurry. But I think you get the idea.
 smokin
IP Logged

Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

« Reply #15 on: Mar 12th, 2008, 11:49pm »

M

The regulator is different here in Australia. I can get the bottle but cant get the right connection.

I have spoken to the product manager at BOC in Australia and he tried for 3 weeks without able to get the right connection for the bubbler.
IP Logged

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Arthur Conan Doyle
mfleig
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #16 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 8:49am »

Thanks for all the photos everyone!  We understand now.  As for proper fittings in Australia, if you can tell me exactly what you need I can research my suppliers here.  

George, a demand regulator would be a good bet.  

I have calls out everywhere for samples of things to see what I can put together as a kit for you guys but the process will take me a month or two.  I will cetainly keep you updated.

FYI-the webmaster has given me the green light to post.

M
IP Logged
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #17 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 8:52am »

on Mar 13th, 2008, 8:49am, mfleig wrote:
Thanks for all the photos everyone!  We understand now.  As for proper fittings in Australia, if you can tell me exactly what you need I can research my suppliers here.  

George, a demand regulator would be a good bet.  

I have calls out everywhere for samples of things to see what I can put together as a kit for you guys but the process will take me a month or two.  I will cetainly keep you updated.

FYI-the webmaster has given me the green light to post.

M

Great news all around, welcome to the team.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 9:56pm »

on Mar 13th, 2008, 8:49am, mfleig wrote:
but the process will take me a month or two.  

M, thats is just a blink of the eye for most of us!

Thank you!!!!  Kiss
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 10:26pm »

on Mar 12th, 2008, 11:49pm, Annette wrote:

M

The regulator is different here in Australia. I can get the bottle but cant get the right connection.

I have spoken to the product manager at BOC in Australia and he tried for 3 weeks without able to get the right connection for the bubbler.

I'm suprised you couldn't get a fitting from BOC; if you take a photo of what you are connecting it to I will have a look here in Karratha & will probably be able to get one off the shelf or if not straight up overnight, or I may even have the fitting myself.

Cheers
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.

[img]
Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

« Reply #20 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 11:15pm »

Barry, this is what our regulator and the connection looks like. Its what supplied by BOC.

When I ordered the bubbler, I was sent a bottle that looks exactly like the one BBZ posted but you cant attach it to the regulator.

I rang BOC and they told me I have to order a special connection/adaptor for it. I placed the order and waited for 2 weeks, nothing came. I rang them back and they put me through to their product manager Danny Chard. He was very nice and helpful, he explained to me that I needed the converter from a white to green nipple ( not sure what that meant but that was exactly what he told me ). He checked their Melbourne warehouse and they didnt have any. He took 3 weeks to search for some and finally told me they didnt have any and that it would cost too much to import from US.  

If you can get your hand on one for us it would be much much appreciated. Thanks heaps  Kiss

IP Logged

Arthur Conan Doyle
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #21 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 11:52pm »

Hi again "M"

Your name and company name have already been posted . . .just forgot who posted it . . . which is how I recently contacted you.

I do want everyone to know that you referred me to "mushys" for the replacement masks I need for my Clustermasx and advised me of your interest in our condition.   . . .  and also advised that the only mask you carried would probably not fit our needs.

We have a friend here folks . . . who's willing to put together the system(s) WE need.

And "M" . . . did you get the screen cleaner I sent you?

Thanks for your efforts,

Be Safe.

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Mar 14th, 2008, 4:42am »

Annette
Had a look at Thebzz bubbler it looks like they have a screwed thread in them so i'll need a bit more info & rather than clog the board up i'll PM you.
Barry

This is the one I use; its a plastic cool drink bottle with two holes drilled in the top just slightly smaller than the tube, the yellow thing is an air stone from the pet shop & just distributes the air in a finer form.
All up cost about $2.
Edited to add: This type of bubbler cant be used with a demand valve setup.

Cheers
Barry
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2008, 10:14pm by Barry_T_Coles » IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.

[img]
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #23 on: Mar 14th, 2008, 9:30pm »

Geez Barry let me know I may have an extra around. You can dissect it. Wink There are two types I know of. One has a pressure relief at 8 lbs.(low flow). And the one you want has a pressure relief at 15 psi. (high flow). I tried the low flow and at 10 lpm the pressure relief goes off. PSSST.
all the best
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

« Reply #24 on: Mar 15th, 2008, 11:45am »

Welcome M, and thanks!

Jerry
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss