Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 9:47am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Thank you for being here »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   Thank you for being here
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thank you for being here  (Read 965 times)
wolfsister
New Board Newbie
USA 

wolf_sister1966  
Email

Thank you for being here
« on: Mar 11th, 2008, 1:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am a 42 year old mother of 4 grand mother of 3 and have been battling the demon since I was 13. I can't tell you how many times I have nearly ended the pain once and for all. I found this site a few days ago and have spent many hours reading and crying and reading and crying just knowing I am not alone means more to me than anything, words can't say it....I am in the midst of an attack now and am trying the WWW therapy so far 48 hours with only shadow pain, before that the major pain had been hitting every few hours up and down... Two years years ago my Doc put me on Topamax to prevent it had been working pretty well keep me out of the ER anyway, but for some reason a couple of weeks ago the demon decided nothing was gonna hold him back.  Any way folks...I just want to thank you for being here and say I will be in touch I have alot of questions, from what I read and see in some of the pictures I 've seen you look like alot of fun and very caring people, I can't wait to get to know you...Barb
IP Logged
Yorky
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

learn to meditate (or just sit & do nowt)

Re: Thank you for being here
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 2:12pm »

welcome barb.
sorry, but glad you found this nuthouse  Smiley

have you tried oxygen ?
IP Logged

today is a gift.....thats why it is called the

present.
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 2:17pm »

Welcome to the asylum, we're so glad you found us! You have much reading to do as most of us find e get the best results from educating  our neuros from info on this board!

Then what Yorky said! I'm 48, been dancing with the beast almost 30 years, oxygen is still my first line abortive. I can stop a headache in its track in less then 10 minutes, aften as quickly as 6 minutes, using oxygen. The important points:

Must be pure oxygen
High flow regulator, at least 15 LPM
Non Re Breather Mask.

To be effective your lungs need to receive only pure oxygen, no outside air, no rebreathng what you already exhaled.

Welcome to the board, I so hope we can help you.

Guiseppi

(Everyone cried when they first find this place. At last, I don't have to explain it's not JUST A HEADACHE!)
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
mc_ashes
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 4:09pm »

Barb - I too just found this site, a week ago this past Saturday... they are life savers!  I have found the information here very helpful.  Now I have multiple tools in my toolbox for doing battle with the Beast.  

Aside from the "dealing with it" side of our lives, we truely care for each other here.  So, WELCOME and know you are not alone, you've got friends now that know what you struggle with... daily.

We love you, so keep your head-up.

Mark
IP Logged
Superdave
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 5:02pm »

Hi Barb, welcome, we’re so glad you found us.

Chugalug a redbull, as crazy as it sounds it has stopped the beast in his tracks for many of us.
I now have them stashed every where I go!

Sorry you need to be here but it’s a great place to be in a bad time

Superdave Cool
IP Logged

Wow! you mean it's just in my head?
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 14th, 2008, 12:51am »

Hi Barb and Welcome to the Family

Another vote for 02 here.  It's my only abortive and is a miracle for those of us it works for (70%+)

I also use water therapy and am convinced this has helped me reduce the frequency/intensity of attacks.  

Read, read, read . . . and ask away.  You've found the motherlode of CH info/caring/sharing . . . you're no longer alone and the answers you will get here come from folks who truly know your pain.

Be Safe,   PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Someone I am is waiting for my courage.

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 14th, 2008, 8:42pm »

Hi Barb, welcome Smiley

I'm a 45 yr old Mom of 2 and G'ma to 1. I sure can understand how you felt when you found this place..I cried and read and cried and read too.  Nope, you're not alone....cool, aint it?  

I'll put in another vote for o2- I'm new to the treatment but it knocks the beast on its ass most of the time for me in less than 10 mins.  

Really strong coffee is another option, as is the Slamming of the Bull (down a Redbull or other energy drink with caffeine and taurine). Many here swear by that too to stop the beast.

Please stick around and get to know us. We can be a lot of fun, a bit testy at times, but always always always caring and supportive.

Welcome home.
IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

"If I don't remember it happening, it never happened. Wink " - Tori
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss