Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 8:59am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « First Neuro appt 2 moro.........advice 4 a Newbie! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   First Neuro appt 2 moro.........advice 4 a Newbie!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: First Neuro appt 2 moro.........advice 4 a Newbie!  (Read 743 times)
debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

..i think to myself, it's a wonderful world..

Email

First Neuro appt 2 moro.........advice 4 a Newbie!
« on: Mar 16th, 2008, 9:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

..... armed with folders of info from u guys, logs, etc................any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! My appt is @ 2:20 on Long Island...........thanks , u guys are my lifeline......i dont know what i would do without you all.........i wish u all a pf nite! hug
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

Re: First Neuro appt 2 moro.........advice 4 a New
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16th, 2008, 9:50pm »

Remember that they block out a certain amount of time for certain types of visits. Most likely you won't have time to cover everything you want to. So put the info in your folders into categories: symptoms, abortives, preventatives, etc. And be prepared to leave any material you bring with your doctor so he or she can go over it at another time.

If you try to squeeze too much in, you accomplish nothing.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16th, 2008, 10:13pm »

th=ks so much for the advice on the copies!!! everything is in  categories,(jus a little OCD!! more so, it seems now!!) but now i will make copies of what i would like to leave with him.................thanks so much!!!!!
IP Logged
Batch
New Board Old Timer
USA 

FOX 2 - Check 6

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16th, 2008, 11:25pm »

Deb,

Bill hit the nail on the head...  Keep it short and to the point... You are the one in pain...  You want a neurologist that will listen to you and work with you.   What ever treatment strategy he develops, don't take "No" for an answer when you ask for a prescription for oxygen therapy.  The Rx follows:

"Medical O2 at 15 liters/minute with a non-rebreather mask as needed for cluster headache attacks."

V/R, Batch
IP Logged

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, not any before nor after, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. Man has one virginity to lose in fighters, and if it is a lovely airplane he loses it to, there is where his heart will forever be.
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17th, 2008, 7:15am »

on Mar 16th, 2008, 11:25pm, Batch wrote:
"Medical O2 at 15 liters/minute with a non-rebreather mask as needed for cluster headache attacks."

And Pete drove the nail home: "As needed" means YOU get to say how much you'll need. In other words, call your medical supply place and tell them how much you want delivered - not the insurance company telling you how much you can have.
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 17th, 2008, 5:24pm »

How'd it go?
IP Logged

debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 17th, 2008, 9:15pm »

went well..was prob with him for a good 45 minutes...............seemed pretty knowledgable and willing to give me what i wanted.....discussed alot and he seemed pretty impressed with my knowledge(tks to you guys)........i opted not to take preventatives, except for elavil that i am going to take @ nite to help me sleep, which could also work as a preventative.......................he gave me samples of imitrex, pills, to use to abort, if necessary.i havent had any hits in 2 days,.maybe done!! i could do the wine test in a few days, but i am scared!!!! i am trying to think positive, tho has happened b4..i need to finish the pred taper, stop the melatonin, and will give me a script for 02...............i am going back to him on monday................so i am going to c wat happens.................thanks for caring!
deb
IP Logged
Superdave
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Mar 17th, 2008, 9:29pm »

Hi Deb so glad to see you making progress finally Smiley

Its been a rough couple of weeks for you and It looks like your on the right path now

Good on ya!

Superdave Cool
IP Logged

Wow! you mean it's just in my head?
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 18th, 2008, 10:20am »

A doc that spent 45 minutes and actually listened to you! Truly worth their weight in gold. Make sure you give the 02 a try or we'll abuse you without let up! Wink

So happy youse is heading in a good direction.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 18th, 2008, 10:45am »

tks for the notes guys!!! 10mg of elavil actually gave me 9 hrs of sleep, with only 1 wake up......................no visits from da beast in 3 days!!! thinking on the positive side that maybe it is over, though armed if arrives........................
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 18th, 2008, 11:44am »

Quote:
.i havent had any hits in 2 days,.maybe done!! i could do the wine test in a few days, but i am scared!!!!

Two days without a hit is great, but it doesn't necessarily mean the end of your cycle.  I'd like to suggest you NOT have that glass of wine....just yet.  Not worth it.

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #11 on: Mar 18th, 2008, 12:02pm »

tks linda! i am not going to have yet!!!actually 2 damn scared!!!!! will wait.......................
IP Logged
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #12 on: Mar 18th, 2008, 12:09pm »

Good job Deb!  I'm happy you found someone who'll work with you and that you learned enough here to be able to take advantage of it.

Awesome news on the O2 front too!  It's my primary abortive.  Takes a bit of practice but is worth the effort.

Imitrex pills won't do much for CH. They take too long to work.  Injections are much better.

Seeing as you've been PF I hope you don't have to use them at all  Cool  Get the perscriptions fill either way though.  That way you're prepared incase he makes a return visit.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss