Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 12:00am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I'm Back, Also. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   I'm Back, Also.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I'm Back, Also.  (Read 760 times)
dejay
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I'm Back, Also.
« on: Mar 24th, 2008, 12:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I know we see this often, I've been gone for 2 years, had some small hits in between but this time it's back, same time of year last in "06, I had found you guys in '04 and bought some info to my doc, he read it, called a neuro and started treating me, by time a saw a neuro, they were gone.
  I've been reading daily for a couple of weeks, and still had my Headache diary from last time, not exactly the same, but anyway, I did  2 steriod tapers, 2nd one was such a relief but I knew from diary I would pay the price for a couple of days, and I did, I think because I didn't up the verapamill quick enough. Last time got away with 240 mgs, but this time went up to 360, felt like I was on the other side of this, a couple of nights with no headaches, than got one today at 7:00 with company over. I haven't had one during the day in weeks, this bout started feb, 7th. Anyway, I'm really getting worn out, I gained 15 lbs, real quick from steriods, have gotten sick, which I believe started this bout, have pulled my back, hurt my knee, I just feel like I'm at the end of my rope. Can't make any plans for tomorrow, cause I don't know what tonight will bring.

Anyway, I'm so glad you guys are here, I thought I was doing OK accepecting it, but last few days have done me in. I don't know where some of you get the strength from, I swear, I have my daughter & her family living with us right now, if it wasn't for the 5 year old, I feel I'd be ready to check out. Maybe some self-pity tonight, but I'm beat.

This really sucks.

Dejay
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

Re: I'm Back, Also.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24th, 2008, 1:47am »

Quote:
went up to 360, felt like I was on the other side of this, a couple of nights with no headaches, than got one today at 7:00

Stay very regular with taking verap, on schedule.  I get breakthroughs if forgotten or too far off schedule.  If hits continue at 360, talk to your doc about the prevention.
  You haven't mentioned any abortives the doc may have prescribed, preventatives aren't perfect, something should be on hand.  Oxygen would be great at home.
IP Logged
DragonSlayer
New Board Veteran
USA 

That pain is only 1/2 as bad as you think it is!!!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24th, 2008, 1:57am »

So sorry the beast is back dejay!!   Cry

Hang in there!

What do you have to abort the hits?

O2, Red Bull?

This will end, they always end, don't let him get you down!!  
Gotta fight the devil sgrin Don't let him win!
IP Logged

Mr. Spock tried Vulcan mind meld during one of my K10 hits. You saw how he reacted on TV... then the movie "he's dead Jim"... But he came back....
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24th, 2008, 10:11am »

Sorry the beast hadn't lost your address...I always hope between cycles he has forgotten me.

As Kevin and Dragon mentioned, if you don't have oxygen yet, it should be your first line abortive. Breathing pure oxygen will abort a hit in as little as 6 minutes for me. The key points.

Pure oxygen at a high flow rate, minimum 15 LPM
Use a non re breather mask..(don't re breathe what you've exhaled it defeats the purpose)
Start it at the first hint of an attack.

No side effects, doesn't beat your body up and works for a large number of people on the board.

Hang in there. Undecided

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24th, 2008, 10:47am »

Ditto to the above.

GET SOME OXYGEN! . . . . and it's cheap even if you have to pay cash (in the event your insurance won't cover it).

Be Safe,   PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
dejay
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24th, 2008, 12:47pm »

Thanks for your support. I did get off schuelde with verapamil, just a few hours for 2 or 3 days. Also I have Imtrex as an abortive. Haven't had to use it in a week or so, that's why I thought maybe I was on my way out. Last week attacks have been short and weak, 10 or 15 minutes of walking back & forth, 1 red bull , and ice on my temple has ended it and I've been able to go back to sleep. I notice whenever I get nailed during the day, the pain & burning lasts so long after attack has gone.

It's really hard not to get depressed. Knowing you guys are here right now is the only thing keeping me going. I had a good outlook for a few days. Took it a day at a time, did what I could and reminded myself, this will pass, but yesterday really through me. Especially having family over, enjoying them, and than having to disappear to my room with a red bull and some ice. For some strange reason I was not just sad, and pissed, I felt embarassed.

Thanks again,  

Dejay
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 24th, 2008, 1:03pm »

Welcome back.  

Nice name. Glad you spelt it differently though.  Wink Wink Wink
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #7 on: Mar 24th, 2008, 1:12pm »

on Mar 24th, 2008, 12:47pm, dejay wrote:
For some strange reason I was not just sad, and pissed, I felt embarassed.

That's going to be your cross to bear until you learn that you aren't responsible for this. We all get sad and a little pissed from time to time, but there's absolutely no reason you should be embarassed. Did you ask for CH? Even if you did, could you get it just by asking for it?

No apologies are necessary. You have a medical condition, the presence of which you have no control over. All you can do is treat it.

If you choose not to treat it, that's a different story. But you are treating it, so get out of your head and stop being embarassed by it.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
KatzPurr
New Board Newbie
USA 

10+ OUCH!

16090505 16090505     KatzPurr2

« Reply #8 on: Mar 25th, 2008, 11:50pm »

Hang in there Dejay. Some days can definitely be more of a challenge than others and I think most of us can relate to how wiped out you feel. I've had a particularly rough cycle this time around and it isn't hard to feel beaten down. Just remember that the beast will leave again providing the much needed relief you seek. You can do this... never give up fighting!
IP Logged

KatzPurr's Purrrrrrr Palace
http://www.myspace.com/jlabax
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss