Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 8:25pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hello Everyone »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hello Everyone
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 545 times)
Gilliandrea
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

Hello Everyone
« on: Apr 12th, 2008, 11:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello Everyone
I have been “lurking” curtain around the site from last year when I was first diagnosed with Cluster headaches. I have read so much about the different meds and it has helped so much with my GP and consultant. Grin

A little about myself, my name is Gillian, mostly answer to Gill. I’m 40, married to a wonderful man, Sean. We have two beautiful daughters, Andrea 16 & Lian 20. They are my rocks in life’s ocean.

Since August last year I had been PF, the beast came back in the early hours of 9 April. Cry
My fear, and after reading most posts on this site, I had kept an Imigran nasal spray.  
It took 20 minutes to work; I knew the beast was back again.

I am back on Verapamil, Imigran nasal spray and injections. I am due at the consultants on Wednesday and I am going armed with all the information about 02 to see how I can get this. Unfortunately Scotland doesn’t have the HOOF support that England and Wales has.

It will be nice to chat with those who understand the pain, although I love my family above all else, I don’t think they really understand how I feel, physically and emotionally.

In hope of being PF again
Gill
IP Logged
Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12th, 2008, 12:22pm »

Welcome Gill:

Sorry that you've gotten the cluster headaches back, but it sounds like you have the tools lined up to fight them.  Feel free to ask questions, vent, or whatever you need to do.

Wishing you well,

Ray
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 12th, 2008, 1:12pm »

Gill,  

I am so glad you decided to stop lurking.  We all consider this place to be our 2nd. family and you are now one of our newest members.   Your husband is to be commended for being such a wonderful supporter to you.  He sounds like he's worth his weight in gold and is certainly a keeper.

I hope you'll come here often, ask questions and feel free to vent to us,  who know your pain first-hand.  No one here will tell you to go lie down and take an aspirin.  lol

Just by way of introduction, I'm Linda.  I found this site more than 9 yrs. ago after typing cluster headaches in a search engine and I've been here ever since.  I joined OUCH after it started and I am the chair-person for Family Services because I want to give back all that I have learned and been given here.  

I also live in California but I hope you won't count that against me.  lol

Welcome home.       

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2008, 1:13pm by Linda_Howell » IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12th, 2008, 1:31pm »

Kinky Californians. Cheesy
Houdy from Montany. Where men are men and sheep are ...,well sheep.
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12th, 2008, 1:53pm »

Hello Gill. And welcome to team clusterheads, im putting you on the cluster headaches roster, so now that your one of us or on the team to say, coach bill is giving you your first job. help someone eles who maybe suffering from the same horrors you have, this team only works if all the players are working togather. glad you found us. Feel better. coach bill
IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Mountain Biking Keeps Me Sane

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 12th, 2008, 2:39pm »

Hi Gill and welcome to your new home. This family is the best. Sorry you have CH's, but glad you decided to come on board with us.  

Seems like you have done your homework and I pray you can get the o2 as it is my godsend and to most others here. Must be 100% o2 at 15 lpm with a non-rebreather mask. Get on it at the very first sign of an on coming attack. I can stop most of my hits in as little as 4 to 6 minutes flat, and not have the "Cluster hangover" that follows a hit.

Nice to meet you!

Barry Smiley
IP Logged

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005,

http://barrysword.blogspot.com

RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 12th, 2008, 3:21pm »

Hi Gill and Welcome to Clusterville

Just wanted to add my welcome and another vote for 02.  It's my only abortive and I go nowhere without it.

You've just joined a family who truly understand the pain.  You won't find more info/caring/sharing anywhere.  We're all in the same stinking boat . . . but there's lots of folks here to help row.

Be Safe,   PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
Gilliandrea
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

« Reply #7 on: Apr 12th, 2008, 4:01pm »

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome.

Linda
Thanks for the kind thoughts and words.  
You are right he is worth his weight in gold and after 23 years together he still makes my heart thump Wink
And living in California is certainly not something to hold against you, well maybe for the better weather!! LOL

Thebbz
So that's where all the Scots from the far north went!!!! Grin

coach_bill
I will help anyone and particularly those with CH. I hope I already have reached a hand out by trying to get my family and extended family educated on what being a clusterhead actually means.

Barry_sword & RichardN
I am hoping to get the O2, I'll let everyone know how I get on.
Given that the info I have has been through the wonderful members and their posts on this site, I'm sure it will be a no-brainer.

With hope for PFDANs to all
Gill
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss