Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 12:10pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hi,  I might have something to help »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hi,  I might have something to help
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi,  I might have something to help  (Read 1445 times)
icedragon
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi,  I might have something to help
« on: May 7th, 2008, 1:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have suffered clusters since August of 1993, and what a miserable trip it has been.  I can't believe I found this site, it is seriously bring tears to my eyes (good tears mind you.)  Although, my story is long, it is late and I need to get to bed.  Before I go, I want to share something I stumbled on four years ago that has helped me a great deal.  I put a big bag of ice directly on the affected area.  I don't use a towel or any kind of barrier, just ice directly to the affected area.  Call me crazy but it works for me.  The colder the better, it might even feel like it is burning after awhile but worth the payoff.  I find it can decrease pain and length of an event.  Do be carful to watch for histamine response (red rashy appearance to the skin,) Antihistamine can help.  Give it a try, I hope it helps.  I will be back soon.
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

Re: Hi,  I might have something to help
« Reply #1 on: May 7th, 2008, 2:02am »

Welcome home, Icedragon, and sincere thanks for passing on something that may help others who suffer this awful condition.  

In return we have much that may help you.

Sleep well,  

B.

IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
Dan Moore
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Real men scream in pain........... .(like me)

Re: Hi,  I might have something to help
« Reply #2 on: May 9th, 2008, 8:47pm »

Welcome icedragon!!

Ice is my best friend during attacks.............it started off with a bag of frozen sprouts and moved on through the various vegetables until I had had enough and went straight for ice!

Sharing is the way forward  Wink

Peace.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss