Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 1:58pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Back again..... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   Back again.....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Back again.....  (Read 1567 times)
NazTee
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

Back again.....
« on: May 22nd, 2008, 8:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've been a member/lurker here for 10 yrs now.... generally only seeking the site out once I'm already in cycle and pretty drained/anti-social.

Well, my profile disappeared and I wasn't able to recover it - but I'm back once again.

I've suffered from a cycle that increases in intensity & duration with each one that passes, my only blessing is the fact I only get them every 2 & 1/2 years and this is my 10 yr anniversary to having them.  

I am currently pre-cycle and dreading every hour that passes waiting for what I know will ultimately come and rob me of my life as I know it for the next 2 months.

Last time I had a cycle hit I wasn't working so I was able to suffer unashamed at home but now I'm back to work full time and am trying to make those around me understand what hell is in store for me in the coming weeks.

(sorry for the ramble but my thoughts are fleeting in every direction with no real objective except to let myself go in the one place -this forum- where everyone understands).

During my last cycle I attempted the shroom treatment & am unsure of the success as I think it was taken towards the end of my cycle and I am desperately watching the rains finally fall in Florida in hopes that I may attempt another dose and perhaps ward off the demon.  But in preparation, I have been stock piling my Imitrex over the last 2 yrs as that has been the only thing to offer me any relief.

I have been down most all avenues for the preventatives and have pretty much situated myself in the shadow of my pending fate as nothing has been effective.

Wish me luck!

~ Aimee ~  

IP Logged

[On my 10th year of epic. attacks, thank God only every 2 1/2 yrs]

~ The only thing that lasts forever is regret ~
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

Re: Back again.....
« Reply #1 on: May 23rd, 2008, 10:53am »

Good morning, Aimee.

I'm very much a clockwork episodic as well, so I understand your apprehension about cycles-to-come.  The episodic dance seems to take on an inevitable quality.  Hubris.  

Nevertheless, these things do change over time--I've gone from twice-yearly cycles of six to eight weeks duration to my present situation:  The last three cycles have been three years apart.  

Just consider--nothing is served, and no one (particularly you) benefits from worry over an impending cycle.  It may come tomorrow, it may come in a year, it may never come at all.  Each day without CH is a gift.  Enjoy the day, and let the rest of it go.  If it happens, it happens.

I have no wish to sound patronizing, and that is not my intent--it's simply to say to you, one clockwork episodic to another, that it is not a doom.  It just is.  

If it comes, it comes.  It'll go away again.  Arm yourself, be prepared, but let it go until it actually arrives.  Apprehension will drive you nuts.

All the best,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #2 on: May 23rd, 2008, 10:53am »

Hi Amiee,

Welcome back...  Love your writing style.

You're not in cycle yet so this is the time to make sure your arsenal is in order.

on May 22nd, 2008, 8:01pm, NazTee wrote:
I have been down most all avenues for the preventatives and have pretty much situated myself in the shadow of my pending fate as nothing has been effective.

It sounds like your Imitrex stores are in good shape.  Have you tried Oxygen?  That and Energy Drinks keep my use of Imitrex to an absolute minimum.

It sounds like you know the ropes.  But if you tell us more we may be able to help.

Good luck...

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: May 25th, 2008, 12:25pm »

Welcome back!  Cool
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss