Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 1st, 2024, 8:11pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Let me ask you a question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Jan-Mar 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Let me ask you a question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Let me ask you a question  (Read 422 times)
eileen
New Board Newbie

Be good if you can't be good be careful

Let me ask you a question
« on: Mar 28th, 2003, 7:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

for the people that have ECH.....

When they come you kind of just know this is it... right ?
When they leave do you find it the same way?

I was having a CH all day on Tues. and then when it was over I knew they were gone..... I am still taking my meds but I am weaning off but you just know right.....

Does this happen to anyone else???

Eileen

IP Logged
WendyHowe

Email

Re: Let me ask you a question
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28th, 2003, 7:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Eileen

Exactly the same for me.  I knew I had reached the peak and I knew as sure as eggs is eggs when it was all over. I had an attack, and when it finished I told my husband that it was the last one, and I was right. That's why I feel such affinity with the view that this condition is all about hypothalamus and circadian rhythms as I FEEL it so strongly. When I have the flu, I don't know when I am going to feel better, it just happens that you wake up one morning feeling better. With CH I am so aware of what my body is doing. It's really hard to put into words, the only similar thing I can think of is that I don't need any testing kits to tell me when I am ovulating and when I am pregnant. My mind tells me.

Ramble over. Sorry, find it hard to explain

Wendy
IP Logged
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 28th, 2003, 10:46am »

I kind of know by crossing off each day on my calender but after 2 pf days I begin the celebration but I have found that beast can sometimes pysch you out also.
Eileen, glad to hear he has left your head! Now you can enjoy life once again.

suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28th, 2003, 11:01am »

Ya, when you know, you know.  

Up until this latest cycle, I could always tell when it was 'ending'.  Now, since going chronic, I simply beg for that day.  Nothing changes.  Jonny, you must be certifiable by now if you've been chonic so long.  I'm only 17 months in, but I feel like I've aged 20 years and continue to ask myself how much longer can it go on?  I oscilate between acceptance of the situation and despair.  I'm way past the 'why me' stage, but I can see how this is affecting everything around me (how I treat my kids, job performance, relationships) and none of it is good.  The difference is, usually I'm only like this for 6 weeks or so.  Now, I'm crabby and detached all of the time.  I find myself saying and doing things that make no sense to me at all when I reflect on them later.

Jeez, don't know how this simple reply turned into that...

Back to the question.  Yes, some people are more tuned into their body than others.  If you are, then the changes are easy to feel, I think.  In cycle feels a lot different than out of cycle, and I'm not just talking about the attacks.

IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 28th, 2003, 11:20am »

I am glad you asked, I have been thinking about just this sort of thing. I share some of Fu's thoughts. When I was younger (20's) I was able to tell when one cycle ended and another began. Cycles were shorter but more vicious when I was young.  

I sort of leveled off during my 40's to two or three cycles a year for about 6 weeks each. Since my last cycle ended (?) I have had persistant shadows. The last cycle was one of the longest and most vicious I have had in a long time and I cannot say for sure it's gone. I have been trying to ignore shadows and even that "tingle".

That place in the center of my brain that first has the sensation of a CH starting. You know the place I am talking about, right at the center of the pain.....ground zero. I am still getting sensations of an impending attack, and it's not due till the fall....am I going chronic?
Shocked

I am not complaining, I can live with these "tingles" no problem...I know real pain and this ain't it. I do have some concern over the change in pattern though.

PFDAN's
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
ave

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 28th, 2003, 5:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well, Mark, since taking shrooms I am living a sort of low level chronic life, just like you.
Tingles, tickles, tiny stabs and jabs. No week without'em.  
No pain either.

Maybe it is because the big time has moved on for me? I can hope.
IP Logged
thsa/simon
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 8:11pm »

Eileen,

I never know when they are going to stop. They just do. It's like having the hiccups, I can feel them coming but then they just quit. I dont remember how or when. But I so live in fear that they will start up just as quickly.

sorry I cant help more than that,
simon
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss