Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 3:37am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « The Perfect Neuro »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Jan-Mar 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   The Perfect Neuro
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Perfect Neuro  (Read 509 times)
kissmyglass
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Don't Mix Triptans

Email

The Perfect Neuro
« on: Mar 29th, 2003, 10:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All,
Had a new neuro appointment yesterday and was expecting the worst experiance. I got the best!  After he read my file he said that wow his brother in law had Cluster headaches. This doc said I'm a classic textbook case,I'm ofically a chronic clusterhead Sad.
Anyway after talking with me & my wife for an hour about clusters he whipped out the script pad. He gave me Verap (start @240mg increase to 480 if needed in a few weeks), Oxygen, Imiterx pills 100mg. and imitrex shots and he gave me prednisone in case I need to go on vacation or just need a 5 day break in the action. All of these scripts are refillable for a year! (except the Pred, thats refilable 3 times). He said he would give me Lithium if the Verap didn't work if I wanted it.
I have no insurance so it will be fun scraping up the $$ for the Imitrex. He got Glaxos # from his secratary & is going to call them & try to get me a break on the cost or something. It couldn't have went any better as far as I'm concerned. It was like having Jonny as my Neuro  Grin
His name is Dr. Butler from CT, I'll post his name on the Ouch site. If anyone in the Northeast is have neuro troubles,it will be worth the trip to find him.
I went in there well informed. The ONLY reason I went in there well informed was because of this board and all you great people. I thank you all !!!

Kev C
IP Logged

"It does so fucking look like her" - Picasso
[img][/img]
don

Email

Re: The Perfect Neuro
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29th, 2003, 11:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Humbly I bow to Dr. Butler.

Doc know about the convention yet?
IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29th, 2003, 11:36pm »

I love it when a plan comes together!

See if you can find some help with drug costs here or here.

PFDAN's
Mark
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2003, 11:57pm by Mark C » IP Logged

Click The Flag
Jarvis
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 12:01am »

Thats pretty cool kev. Thays the way its supposed to go.    Heres a story about the drug companies. We have some elderly friends late 80s in town who were spending evry dime they had on their medications. Nobody knew this untill recently. He used to pickup cans on the side of the road untill he broke his hip. They said the can thing was just for excersize and he was concerned about the environment. When he could no longer walk we started a community thing and everyone brought cans to him. Now she can no longer drive and he is bad afflicted w/ alszheimers. She called a couple months back crying and said how no way could they survive any longer. Did not qualify for government assistance because they owned their home of many years. They had been farmers and had no other means of income besides there savings. Did not want to enter a nursing home. But they had depleted most of the savings allready on about 1100 a month in presription costs after whatever medicare took care of. She had allways and still makes pies and fruits from our gardens and trees. Not just sometimes but weekly we have fresh jelly or pies. I covered their expenses for the last few months while my gal worked on alternatives. The drug companies all have programs to help, we found. To make this long story shorter. That 1100 per month is now down to 48.00 per month for the both of them. Through the efforts and phone calls and filling out a few forms. We have a new outlook on the drug co's. And our friends are sleeping at night again and can afford to live in their own home. May they live another 40 years. What I am trying to say is pursue those company programs if you dont have the insurance. They are a lifesaver.
IP Logged
Georgia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If ya don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree.

pixieprincess_una   georgiacze
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 2:38am »

That is so wonderful to hear. It just warms my heart! I had what I thought to be the perfect neuro before I left NY. His name is Dr. Bruno Tolge and is he in Albany. I miss him terribly.  

I did not have insurance for a long while either, and when I told him of my situation, he gave me a shopping bag full of free med samples of Imitrex injections, Maxalt, Zomig, Topamax, whatever I was taking at the time. The drugs reps give them to dr's at no charge. Whenever the rep came in and gave him more, he would call me and I would drive the hour to his office to pick up my "refills". Ask your Dr if he has any samples around that he could give you until you deal with the drug company program.  

I am really happy for you! Maybe OUCH could send him a thank you for being such an ch friendly dr.

PEACE AND LOVE,
Georgia
IP Logged

la la lala la la.....(its the theme song from the smurfs in case you couldn't tell) Need a smile? Click here: http://users.compaqnet.be/cn174277/Smurfs%20-%20Smurf%20Theme%20Song.mp3
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 12:27pm »

Wow Kev.....I'm really glad for you.  Finding a dr. that has a clue, and really cares....that's a hard thing to do.

Try to go for all the free samples you can get.  It's amazing how many you can collect that way. The verap is pretty cheap, and the 02.  Don't know about the pred.  

Really sorry you have been diagnosed as chronic though.....there's always the hope we will move to episodic at some point.  That thought keeps me going at times.

Take care and PF,
Tracey
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
jonny

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 12:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Mar 29th, 2003, 10:43pm, kissmyglass wrote:
 It was like having Jonny as my Neuro  ;D

LMAO ;D

If I was your Doc dude you would have left with a free sample six pack.....LOL

Good for you Bro, good news is always welcome here.

.........................jonny
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss