Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 6:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « CH and Capitalism »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Jan-Mar 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   CH and Capitalism
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CH and Capitalism  (Read 374 times)
JoeKen
New Board Junior
England 

Late Life Sufferer.

CH and Capitalism
« on: Mar 31st, 2003, 2:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

???
Hi all,
I have been giving much thought lately to treatment versus cure on the subject of CH, and I would be interested in hearing other peoples thoughts on the following: -
Imagine that you are a Marketing Manager for a major drug manufacturer, responsible for maximising the profit of your particular product, and imagine that your particular product was one of the many treatments to alleviate the symptoms of CH. One day your Manager of Research contacts you and joyously tells you that he has found a guaranteed cure for CH which is 95% effective after a single dose, and CH can be eliminated from the planet.
Your dilemma would be: - do you choose to rid the world of CH and knock your employers profit and share price through the floor,(with all the personal implications that would surely follow), or do you tell him to bury it and concentrate on even more expensive products of alleviation.
Obviously I exagerate a little, just to make the point, but what chance do you think there is of a cure being made available, should anyone be working on one?
One of the few things that I remember from my Marketing studies many years ago is that a 'captive market' should be exploited, and God knows, we are a captive market, if ever there was one.
No, I am not a cynic, but I can see how that rumour could be spread.
JoeKen,
IP Logged

Not sure I should be here, but it's as near as I'm going to get to finding out what is the correct name for my condition. Usually KIP 5 or below but last up to 16 hours and always one-sided, behind the eye, usually right but ocassionally left.
don

Email

Re: CH and Capitalism
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 4:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

well Joe, how long do you think effective HIV drugs were kept on the shelf. As long as it took for the upper economic middle class to start experiancing the spread of infection thats how long.

IP Logged
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

Re: CH and Capitalism
« Reply #2 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 4:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Fortunately for us Migraines use Imitrex, If Ch'ers were the only users they wouldn't even bother making it. There are plenty of drugs that treat or cure rare diseases that aren't made because there would be no way to make a profit. So capitalistic medicine doesn't work and socialized medicine doesn't work so what do we do next?

Does anybody know if drug companies get slaughtered by high malpractice insurance like doctors and hospitals?

Opus Tongue
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss