Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 11:46pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Capzasin HP....my miracle treatment! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Capzasin HP....my miracle treatment!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Capzasin HP....my miracle treatment!  (Read 2060 times)
chewy

Email

Re: Capzasin HP....my miracle treatment!
« Reply #25 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 7:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
I'll be using my Capsaicin and smiling thinking of you the fool ... suffering.

Thats right you fools!

This site sucks. I'm going home and snort some pepper!
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 6:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jan 20th, 2006, 6:01am, beezee wrote:
I'll be using my Capsaicin and smiling thinking of you the fool ... suffering..

you're not helping your case.

who said I was suffering?
you haven't done your homework.
come back after you have.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #27 on: Jan 21st, 2006, 6:56am »

chill out Beezee. Thes guys are often tough on newcomers who think they have found a cure. See if the cream really helps you long term, then you can say its a miracle.

I personally have found that Tiger Balm (it burns like hell for a few minutes) rubbed on the sore side temple helps to ease a low kip CH if you catch it quickly enough, but for a full blown CH you might just as well eat the jar and rather use a trex inj.

Stick around mate

John
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
beezee
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

When I fiRe: Capzasin HP....my miracle treatment!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 21st, 2006, 7:22am »

That tiger balm is probably Capzasin which burns like hell when you first start using it. The fact that it works for a mild cluster to me shows if you use it the way I mentioned it just might work for the monster ones. It must be used 3 to 4 x daily for a few days to reach full effect. Don't wait fo the headache to use it as that won't work fully. Morning noon and night. When I first started it It mildly worked on the fist couple then after a few days it wokred on all of them. I was a doubter just like most of you. Do a google search of the newsgroups and you'll see posts dating back years of people this has worked for.
IP Logged
beezee
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #29 on: Jan 21st, 2006, 7:24am »

Try the search for Zostrix which is the brand name here in the USA.
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 21st, 2006, 8:08am »

Quote:
Thes guys are often tough on newcomers who think they have found a cure.

Want to know why? Because posting howash cures and treatments leads the yet to be educated CH sufferers who are already on a path of desperation, down yet another path of frustration.

You want appropriate treatment ? Save time,money, and emotional chaos by  going to a cluster educated neuro.
IP Logged
beezee
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #31 on: Jan 21st, 2006, 8:21am »

Just to let you know I go to one of the best neuroligsts in the USA. I have MS and have to go once every six months. Unlike you my Dr. is open minded and has had other patients try it, some successfully. She has filed a report of information on it to the AMA. I won't bother posting anymore on this. I feel I did my job to help people here. If most people here are like you then I wasted my time. If one or two try it and get relief I'll feel it was worth it.
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #32 on: Jan 21st, 2006, 8:31am »

Quote:
I won't bother posting anymore on this

Thank you.
IP Logged
Ueli

Email

« Reply #33 on: Jan 21st, 2006, 10:31am »

"It has been tested ..... " is an often used phrase in advertising all sorts of useless "novelties" for every situation in life, from clean(s)ing agents to meegraine clamps.

But WTF is a test good for if its results are not disclosed, because they could not be fudged into the desired direction?

BTW, did I mention how much I love newbies that come in with a now-it-all attitude and already in the 2nd post call other idiots?

Beezee, please give my regards to Wayne Perry.

smokin

IP Logged
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #34 on: Feb 12th, 2006, 6:22pm »

I can just FEEL the love wraping around my pocket book. Good luck with that guys!
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #35 on: Feb 12th, 2006, 8:22pm »

As far as I know, topicals will not work on CH. I will sometimes use IcyHot on my neck and shoulders, and lightly on the temples to try and relax the tension HA that always come with a CH. Nothing in IcyHot that I am aware of that will help a CH, but you are welcome to buy some and find out Grin
IP Logged

karrie35
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #36 on: Feb 14th, 2006, 3:59pm »

I have tried Capzasin HP... I think it just gives me another way to be miserable during an attack and might help with some lower level shadows/pain by confusing things a bit.

It does burn like hell, a minute or two after you apply it and think nothing is happening------(warning)

Karrie
IP Logged
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #37 on: Feb 14th, 2006, 11:00pm »

Years ago I tried a capasin cream (Doctors Friend or some such name).  Hey I was desperate. Loaded up a q-tip and swabbed the inside of my right nostril, and rubbed it on the entire right side of my face.  It did not stop the clusters.  HOWEVER, it blistered my face and I ended up with a sinus infection.  But, hey, it was worth a try.  Have also heard that bleu cheese (any brand) and vinegar (any brand) rubbed on the chest can bring relief Grin
Red flag words/terms:  cure, cured, amazing, cheap, so glad I found this site becasue now I can save others from suffering needlessly... Undecided guess we might be reactive but with good cause.
PFDAN to all who deal with cluster headaches,
kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
jon019

Email

« Reply #38 on: Feb 15th, 2006, 1:09am »

Hello All,

"The third rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."

A.A. Milne

I am so tired of being protected because I am just too dumb to know what's good for me.

Long before I came to ch.com I relentlessly researched treatments for this demon bitch condition. Short of some alternates, I have tried as many "treatments" as I could find. (doubt there are many here who deny the same). While I don't have the troll radar that Jonny has (and it's damn good) I don't fall for the Dr Ho's or Wo's or whatever the f**k they call themselves.  

What i do do is make reasoned decisions based on cost:benefit. One of these is the infamous "capsaicin" of this thread. First read about it in the NHF newsletter and saw it in other reputable (my judgement, argue if you wish ) places. My first attempt was tabasco sauce on a q tip up the nose. Hoo boy, that'll get your attention and do nothing for a hit. Then moved to ointment on the temple and, believe it or not ,(desperation is the mother of desperate acts) cayenne powder snorted in the affected nostril. Burn baby burn, damn right, but for about a year it actually worked. Not a placebo effect, and you can think me a knothead cuz I probably am. But dumb as I may be, I can recognize when I get hit and when I can stop it. No longer works and more's the pity. Would be doing it still if it wasn't so.

Anyone who says this is a miracle cure or even uses the word cure at all, is a bigger knothead than I'll ever be. But anyone who dismisses, out of hand, the POSSIBILITY of it  being effective is shortsighted and narrow minded.

Anyone who's tried it and it doesn't work, fine, tell us that. Anyone who hasn't tried it, yet derides it, fine, tell us that too. Just don't tell us dumbies that you KNOW.
Because what I do know is just how much I don't know about Ch. Yet, I do know more than most Dr's who have tried to treat me.  

Thomas Edison said, " We don't know one millionth of one percent about ANYTHING" Please, don't assume you do either.

There, I've said what I think and thought deeply about what I said, floors yours.

I love you all and will no matter what.

Regards

Jon

IP Logged
FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life like a froward child must be humored a little

Email

« Reply #39 on: Feb 15th, 2006, 10:45am »

I hope this stuff works for you guys but anyone with CH that says this:  "I'll be using my Capsaicin and smiling thinking of you the fool ... suffering. " is not a good person in my book.  I can't smile when I am pain free thinking about others who are suffering.  To say this is classless, childish, and honestly shows a lack of compasion for others.

This guy sounds like jfrench when he/she/it said: "so u can accept my offer or continue to suffer, seeing what jerks and doubters u all are i actually hope u don't try it and keep suffering." because people didn't think he found "THE CURE" after mere hours of trying some herbal remedy.

Folks, if you have something that works... please share it but when you say stuff like this, you have 0 cred in my book.  I begin to wonder if these guys are the same person googling CH cures and trolling this board with every obscure reference they find.  

Anyway, here's to PF days for EVERYONE!
IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #40 on: Feb 15th, 2006, 11:49am »

*Applauds*

WEll SAID FramCire!!
IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life like a froward child must be humored a little

Email

« Reply #41 on: Feb 15th, 2006, 2:15pm »

on Dec 21st, 2005, 10:22pm, Imhealed732 wrote:
Imitrex works well, but I cannot take more than 2 shots a day or I begin to feel woosy.

BTW, unless you are splitting the dose (see imitrex tip on left) you shouldn't be taking more than 2 doses a day anyway.  I may be wrong, but imitrex should be 2 doses in a 24 hour time period (unless you are splitting the dose).
IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss