Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 6:35am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Q? about spores and growing »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Q? about spores and growing
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Q? about spores and growing  (Read 816 times)
ShannonL
New Board Newbie
USA 

Q? about spores and growing
« on: Jan 5th, 2006, 12:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello again,
As I mentioned earlier in my post in the introductions section, I have questions about growing mushrooms.  I ordered spores, a grow kit, and sterile jars a year ago.  I did not try to grow anything until summer - didn't work out... I think I waited too long to use the sterile jars.  

I've ordered more jars but not spores.  b/c I still have half of a large syringe full (I've stored in in the box it came in, in a dark cool cabinet).  My question is how long are the sporse good.  I've read conflicting info... they are in some sort of suspension that is supposed to boost their growth.  

Also, I keep reading that p.cubensis is the species preferred by CH sufferers.  The sites I searched did not carry this species.  What is the next preferred type?  It's been so long now that I don't remember what species I ended up ordering.   I printed a booklet off of one of the supplies and growing info sites and will try again... but don't know if I should order new spores.  Makes me really nervous ordering this stuff and having it mailed right to my house, you know?  Who might be monitoring?  

Next, I'm curious about all I've recently read about the rc seeds or LSA treatment.  If I've had success with the mushrooms for the last two years (and hopefully this year) should I even bother with it.....?  On the other hand, if it's not illegal to have it in your posession - as is not the case with the mushrooms.... I might should consider it.  I doesn't seem, from what I've read so far, that there is as much info on using this method... nor does what is there to read seem as promising as mushrooms (I've been following MJ's thread).... After being spoiled by success with mushrooms I might just go crazy attempting different doses of seeds for weeks at a time.  

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Shannon
IP Logged
ShannonL
New Board Newbie
USA 

Re: Q? about spores and growing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 5th, 2006, 12:37am »

Let me clarify my question about preferred species... I'm just dumb about these things... are all "magic mushrooms" considered p.cubensis and the other names are just "strains" or sub-species/type of p.cubensis.   If yes, does it really matter which type you grow:  Cambodian, Equador, Golden Teacher, or other?  

Are they all close the same strength?  These are things I'm unclear about.  

Thanks,
Shannon
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Jan 5th, 2006, 1:34am »

Hi Shannon.

Most if not all of your questions can be answered at clusterbusters.com.  

There is a boatload of information there as well as links to related sites, suppliers, etc..

http://www.clusterbusters.com/

Regarding RC seeds and MJs thread, realize that my case has allways been difficult to treat (I would go so far as to say untreatable before the seeds). Like you I couldnt find enough info initially on the seeds. Part of the reasons the thread was started, but my experience is only one voice

Many have had very good results with single doses of RC seeds. Every bit as promising as mushshrooms. The convenience is certainly there.
Clusterbusters also has info on the seeds as well.

I'm sure some of the more knowledgable among us will show up before too long.

MJ
IP Logged

MJ
dirky
New Board Newbie
Wales 

send the love round

« Reply #3 on: Jan 5th, 2006, 4:52am »

Shannon

Regarding species. Psilocybe Cubensis is just one of many species of "magic mushrooms", however, it is one of the more easily cultivated / well known species.

Regarding strains - such as Thia, Ecquador, Golden Teacher etc. Most of the named strains that you will find offered are those of P. Cubensis. Differences in thier yield, strength and effects are often proffered by those selling the spores. How much of this is marketing flim-flam I have never been able to establish, but what is important for you is ease of cultivation and resistance to contamination.

Speaking from personal knowledge, I can recomend golden teacher as a strain that I managed to cultivate succesfully as a beginner.

Personally, I think the obbsesion with strains is mostly a "hobbyist" sort of thing anyway. It's a bit like wine, some people have a dozen or so favorite vineyards and vintages, while others just have the classifications of nice wine/ OK wine / drinkable wine / paint stripper.

It all gets you drunk!

and using the same logic, if the mushrooms (whichever strain) contain psilocin/psilocybin then they should work for your clusters if used at suitable dosages.

N.B. Fly Agaric "magic mushrooms" or amanita muscaria do not contain the active chemicals that you seek, but I hope you know that already.

IP Logged
SteCo
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 5th, 2006, 10:57am »

Hi Shannon,
I saw your other thread as well. On the CB site link that MJ gave you, order the mycobags (Reported easier to grow this way) and stay with the recommded strains and you will not go wrong.

IMHO,  
On your past cycles... you have been fortunate in being able to kick a cycle out so quickly....although it does happen. With your recent/current cycle, you are more than likely experiencing a "post dose hit phase"..I get these too..they do hurt like you have taken nothing, seem to occur anywhere from right after you come down to about 3 days or so out. THEN things will hopefully settle down. Use O2 to battle these (link on exactly what to get on left hand column.) Keep in mind the more established a cycle is (like your current one appears to be)....the more difficult it is to break it and may take a few attempts to kick it to the curb. Also, look at any new meds you may be on now since your last successes. Some block the goodness the alt. therapy treatments deliver.  

Remember to space your dosings (5-7 days)...More is not necessarily better..this gives time for your hypothingamabOB to recover/heal/get back to normal...and Keep track of the dosing effects level you obtain....will help with future cycles...Try the CB kick ass tea recipe for optimum goodness.....and even better.....do maintenance dosings (out of cycle) to keep the beast from appearing again.
HTH,  
SteCo  
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 5th, 2006, 9:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I don't have much to add, but I did want to say I love the name Shannon Wink

Welcome to the madhouse btw Grin

Cheers,

Sean............................
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss