Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 10:15am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « My Kudzu Diary :) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   My Kudzu Diary :)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My Kudzu Diary :)  (Read 2224 times)
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: My Kudzu Diary :)
« Reply #25 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 2:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Undecided
Sorry, Lissa. I think you should make a decision to take one route or the other. Once you decide, it still might take a while to get things under control. It takes verap a couple of weeks to get to therapeutic levels, so be aware that may mean more hits at first. It also takes a while to get the timing and dosage of kudzu tweaked to where it's the most effective. I'm glad you have O2 to abort either way. Hang in there, kid... this too shall pass.
hugs, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 4:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Lissa, I'm curious to know, if you knew the verap worked, why did you even bother trying the Kudzu?  Also, didn't you think (along with reading) beforehand that you might have to increase the dosage in order to see an effect?  I normally get hit 3 times a day, but it was finally reduced to 1 hit a day when I increased my Kudzu from 2 pills a day, to 2 pills three times a day.  

Unfortunately I still have yet to see ANY drug, natural or not, make any CH'er 100% pain free all the time...  
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2006, 4:32pm by Melissa » IP Logged
Lissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 4:42pm »

As I stated in another thread, I started kudzu and oxygen because I wanted to try the more natural approach.  

I still have yet to decide if I want to play around with the kudzu or if I want to go back to verapamil.  Verapamil and imitrex has always worked for me.
IP Logged

Episodic cluster survivor since 1995 at age 16.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 4:48pm »

time sweetie time
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #29 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 6:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jan 13th, 2006, 4:42pm, Lissa wrote:
As I stated in another thread, I started kudzu and oxygen because I wanted to try the more natural approach.

Sorry, I don't know what thread you're talking about as I do not read every single thread here.  TY for answering the question.  

Quote:
I still have yet to decide if I want to play around with the kudzu or if I want to go back to verapamil.  Verapamil and imitrex has always worked for me.  

Well, as E-double said, "time".  I know it's rough getting slammed, but if you can hold out and possibly increase the dosage, you might be pleasantly surprised.  

One thing I noticed about question 16 in your first post in this thread is you gave the intolerability an 8, with a 10 being the most unpleasant.   Are you having other side effects other than the IBS while taking the Kudzu?  

Sorry Lissa, just trying to give you some help, but I normally ask some questions first.  Sorry if I sounded rough... Undecided
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2006, 6:13pm by Melissa » IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #30 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 9:04pm »

How are you doing, Lissa?
IP Logged

Lissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 8:39am »

Thank you everyone.  You all have been very helpful.  Unfortunately, I'm a wuss.  I went back on the verapamil.  The clusters got so bad and I was getting hit 2-3 times a day.  

I didn't tell anyone this, but another reason I wanted to try kudzu and oxygen is because my husband and I are planning on having a baby someday.  I wanted to make sure that I had an alternative to imitrex and verap.  I didn't want to be caught with a cluster pregnant.  

Again, thank you SOOOOOOO much for everything.
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #32 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 11:48am »

Hey, when it comes to CH, we're ALL wusses, LOL.
I am a firm believer in using whatever works. A word of caution, kudzu should probably not be used during pregnancy. I think oxygen is the only advisable treatment during gestation.  
Should you ever decide to try it again, remember it takes a while to figure out what works best for each person. And it generally takes more than 1 pill a day. good luck.  Smiley  pf wishes, nani
IP Logged

Lissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 3:30pm »

Thanks for the info nani.  PF wishes to you as well.  Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss