Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 4:46pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Rate your treatments on Remedyfind »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Rate your treatments on Remedyfind
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rate your treatments on Remedyfind  (Read 1869 times)
pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

Rate your treatments on Remedyfind
« on: Jan 7th, 2006, 5:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Remedyfind is a great meds-rating/experience website with a new section on clusters. Whatever your treatment experience -- now including alternatives -- it would be helpful to post it on Remedyfind for others to read about. Here is the email I got from Brett, the webmaster, after referring him to this board, about the new pages for alternative treatments (I sent him the Clustermasx link):

Hi Pam – thanks for the suggestions. I know that Cluster headaches are one of the worst possible experiences known to humans, and I am very willing to add any treatment listings that might be of use.  Based on your suggestions, I have added these listings -

Morning Glory (Ipomoea Violacea)  
http://www.remedyfind.com/rem.asp?ID=21262

Hawaiian Baby Woodrose (Argyreia nervosa)  
http://www.remedyfind.com/rem.asp?ID=21261

Ololuique (Rivea Corymbosa)
http://www.remedyfind.com/rem.asp?ID=21263

Psilocybin Mushrooms (Psilocybe)
http://www.remedyfind.com/rem.asp?ID=21264

If you have any more info on that rebreather unit from the UK, please let me know and I can add it as a brand.

If you could do some ratings of the cluster treatments you’ve tried, it would be wonderful. The more personal experiences we can gather, the more helpful the data will be in the long run. Your experience with the triptans would be very interesting.  I would love to get this section more active. Not sure if you are involved in any discussion boards, but if you feel comfortable mentioning the RemedyFind Cluster headache section it might bring some people our way.

Here is the page for the Cluster Headache section - http://www.remedyfind.com/hc-Headaches-Cluster.asp
IP Logged

Pam

Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!
pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

Re: Rate your treatments on Remedyfind
« Reply #1 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 7:21pm »

BTW, some of the postings (there are not many) say that vicodin and marijuana are very effective!  And this is my favorite, about trex nasal spray:

"I have used up to 20mg ns 4x /day every day for years and had no problems except increased anxiety attacks. It works as fast as a shot does and is very effective."

FOUR times a day for YEARS! Yup, a wonder drug.  I wonder if he/she had clusters every day for years before trex.
IP Logged

Pam

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 7:28pm »

Thanks Pam,  
I've joined up and shall review all the meds I've used in the past year for everything.. that should keep me busy  Undecided
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

floridian

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 8:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I think that is a web site that requires registration, and then emails you with ads for various products and drugs they think you might benefit from.  After about a year, they stopped emailing me.
IP Logged
pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 10:07pm »

LeLimey, you are the only one who has posted anything about oxygen. (I only tried it at 5 lpm with the nose thing, during last episode, so I don't have genuine personal experience.)  

Anyway, your overall rating came out 7.5 because the side effects rating is 0; perversely, 0 side effects = a rating of 10.
IP Logged

Pam

pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 10:15pm »

on Jan 7th, 2006, 8:45pm, floridian wrote:
I think that is a web site that requires registration, and then emails you with ads for various products and drugs they think you might benefit from.

You do have to register in order to rate something; I felt compelled to do so when I saw the horrifying things posted, and no mention of alternatives. Anyway, I gave them my junk-mail address, so I will not see any emails from them.  

BTW, I sent the guy a link to your website, and I notice he added some more things like ginger and taurine (though not kudzu).  

IP Logged

Pam

MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 11:01pm »

If it helps just one other sufferer I will do it.

I dont have a junk mail setup, cant hide your e-mail addy so spammers/advertisers are going to get ahold of it.

Way to go Pam.
Its gonna take a whole night or 2 to rate the ones I know. Took 20 minutes just to do Aleve and then correct it.
Looks like you and lelimey are the only raters there so far for clusters.

MJJ

IP Logged

MJ
pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #7 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 11:10pm »

Good for you -- it's a pretty popular site, and I can't think of anyplace else that allows you to rate such a large variety of treatments for cluster.  

And yes, the few who have heretofore posted anything are clearly imposters! They have not earned the right to claim the distinction of being a clusterhead; they are mere wannabes.  

I use a Yahoo email address to avoid spam.
IP Logged

Pam

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 7:13am »

I've sent him a link to both the kudzu info here and on Flo's website so hopefully he will add those.
Interestingly I didn't see anything about Ali..LMAO
IP Logged

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 7:15am »

on Jan 7th, 2006, 10:07pm, pam s wrote:
LeLimey, you are the only one who has posted anything about oxygen. (I only tried it at 5 lpm with the nose thing, during last episode, so I don't have genuine personal experience.)  

Anyway, your overall rating came out 7.5 because the side effects rating is 0; perversely, 0 side effects = a rating of 10.

Pam I noticed that too but I didn't know how to change it... o2 should be a ten all the way for me!
IP Logged

floridian

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 8:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The junk email idea is one of those brilliant things I typically forget when registering for a web site  Lips Sealed    Grin

I've also been meaning to sign up for spamgourmet or a similar free account - it lets you create on disposable email addresses on the fly;  create an email with any number of permited replies (up to 20 for spamgourmet) and all the registration/account mgt can be taken care of... it the website sends too many things, they just dissappear.  

http://www.spamgourmet.com/

http://email.about.com/cs/dispaddrrevs/tp/disposable.htm
IP Logged
pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #11 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 12:50pm »

on Jan 8th, 2006, 7:15am, LeLimey wrote:

Pam I noticed that too but I didn't know how to change it... o2 should be a ten all the way for me!

It's easy -- you just hit the edit button. I did it in response to the nitwit who said Imitrex nasal spray was so effective he/she only had to take it four times a day for years!
IP Logged

Pam

pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #12 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 12:54pm »

on Jan 8th, 2006, 8:19am, floridian wrote:
The junk email idea is one of those brilliant things I typically forget when registering for a web site  Lips Sealed    Grin

I learned the hard way, after turning too many primary accounts into spam recepticles.

BTW, this is what Brett the Remedyfind guy said about your website:

" This is a great (overwhelming!) site. I will go through the list and see what I may have missed.  

I admit that the cluster headache section on RemedyFind has taken second fiddle to migraines, but this is a good opportunity to bring it up to speed. After reading the other vicodin ratings I did remove two of them, as it was clear they should have been placed under migraines instead.  

Added -

L-Taurine
Zyprexa (Olanzapine
Trigger Avoidance: Sleep Apnea Treatment
Diagnostic Testing: Polysomnogram (Sleep Apnea Study)
Cayenne Pepper (Capsicum annum)
Butterbur (Petasides hybridus)
Inositol
L-Tryptophan
Hydration Therapy (Drinking Water)
Kudzu Root (Pueraria Lobata)
Mangosteen (Garcinia Mangostana)"

So if just a few people will rate these things (since not many have), it will bump some remedies onto the main page. Right now, the leading effective treatment is Clusterheadaches.com, since LeLimey and I both gave it a solid 10.
 Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2006, 3:47pm by pam s » IP Logged

Pam

Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 2:05pm »

Interesting website.  This is going to take a while to get through, but I'm definitely adding my two cents.  ch.com got a straight 10 from me as well.  I love this place.

IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #14 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 12:49am »

I gave ch.com a little lower rating for side effects because of its addiction potential.  Grin
IP Logged

MJ
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #15 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 1:28am »

Part of an e-mail from me to Brett @ Remedyfind

"Your site was mentioned on CH.com and I hope you will see an increase in reviewers. There is concern regarding the published E-mail addresses however and due to spam some major hesitation to post"

And part of his reply back to me.

"I was wondering if you could pass this on to the CH.com board for me? I joined the board and read some of the posts, but felt that it might not be appropriate for me to post since I don’t have cluster headaches.  There seems to be some misunderstanding about email addresses etc. at RemedyFind and I’d hate it if people don’t participate on the site because of this.

Hi everyone - Brett from RemedyFind here. I just wanted to thank those of you who have shared your cluster treatment experiences, and who have been so helpful in suggesting new treatments to add. I still have some work adding some more, and fine-tuning some of the previous listings. I've added a link to CH.com on the home page of the section - http://www.remedyfind.com/hc-Headaches-Cluster.asp

I feel compelled to respond to some misinformation about the site that I noticed in these posts. These had to do with email addresses being visible to other users, spam email being sent etc.. First off, when you register, your email address is never seen by anyone (except for the site administrator - me).  There is an "email" function on the site which allows members to email other members with questions, but this is done through a form on the site and the person doing the emailing never sees your email address. If you choose to respond to them from your own PC then of course they would at that time be able to see your email address. If you don’t want to accept even these anonymous emails from the site, then you can just choose “private” as your RemedyFind member setting.

Regarding spam...we never share / sell email addresses to anyone. And we don’t send out any emails on suggested products / treatments as I saw mentioned in one post. I don’t know how this misunderstanding ever started.  If you sign up to receive the Headaches newsletter, for instance, you will be sent it every other month. Other than that, and an initial welcome message for joining the site, that is all you will ever hear from us.  

Anyway, I just wanted to clear this up. We would be extremely grateful to have your participation on RemedyFind, and I’m hoping that the Cluster Headaches section will start to receive the attention it deserves.  Although I spend every day researching various health conditions, and am now pretty familiar with the varieties of ills that can beset humans, it seems that Cluster Headaches (perhaps along with Trigeminal Neuralgia) is the most excruciating chronic pain condition known to man.

Please feel free to email me with any question / suggestions / concerns.

All the best,
Brett Hodges
Founder /Editor
bhodges@remedyfind.com"

MJ
just a messenger.

Brett please feel free to post as you would fall into the class of supporter. One more rescource for all of us.
Thanks for the site.
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2006, 1:38am by MJ » IP Logged

MJ
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 2:56pm »

Very Interesting.  I will have to check it out!
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 9:47pm »

I also joined.
Some things need tweaking but it is a nice site.
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #18 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 10:36am »

Brett is very responsive to input.  I've been exchanging e-mails with him for the last few days.  He is going to be doing some tweaking on some things soon.

I asked him to add other non-rebreathing masks (not everyone has a Clustermasx) for the Oxygen section so other people could rate oxygen.  He has also added several other meds I suggested that were not on the list.  

This site could be a really valuable tool for clusterheads to look at all the meds we take on one page and see how they rate with other clusterheads.  

IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #19 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 11:06am »

One of the only things I really noticed was the need to increase dosages on some of the meds as well as frequency for some treatments.

1x per day...how about prn. Wink

IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Beastfodder
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally

« Reply #20 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 4:50pm »

There's a few of us getting busy now - excellent
IP Logged

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally
pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #21 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 7:37pm »

The pages are starting to look more reflective of the variety of experiences reported here, in nutshell form, though the more ratings posted, the more reflective it will be. And it certainly would lead anyone to check out this board.  

It would be nice if it could be a place to refer people who want a quick and dirty rundown of the variety of reactions people can have to a treament -- so they would know what things may be worth investigating further (i.e. on this board), what side effects to look out for, etc.  

I have used Remedyfind a lot because I have a bunch of bipolar relatives, and looking up their newest meds is like sitting down with a bunch of people and asking them what their experience with the meds was. You get a good idea of the range of reactions (wide) and common (but not necessarily official) side effects.

I am perplexed by the main page treatment ratings, though -- how does something get into the top ten?  I wonder why some currently low-scored things are in the top 10?  
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2006, 7:40pm by pam s » IP Logged

Pam

pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #22 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 7:44pm »

on Jan 10th, 2006, 10:36am, Gator wrote:
Brett is very responsive to input.  I've been exchanging e-mails with him for the last few days.  He is going to be doing some tweaking on some things soon.

Thank you for doing that. Dosage tweaking still needed. Like, there's no way to indicate drinking three glasses of water as fast as you can, or 2-3mg trex injections prn.
IP Logged

Pam

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 7:51pm »

on Jan 7th, 2006, 7:21pm, pam s wrote:
 I wonder if he/she had clusters every day for years before trex.

Whats so hard to believe about that?

I went chronic for 15 years with only ice, 2-5 HA's a day before I found an abortive that did anything.
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #24 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 8:45pm »

on Jan 10th, 2006, 7:51pm, Jonny wrote:

Whats so hard to believe about that?

I went chronic for 15 years with only ice, 2-5 HA's a day before I found an abortive that did anything.

I didn't say anything was hard to believe.  I "wondered", no sarcasm intended.

In any case, since my personal goal is to find any kind of preventative that works (except prednisone, btdt), instead only abortives, having to use an abortive four times a day for years is not MY idea of a wonder drug, though for some it apparently is.  

I believe you have found an effective preventative cocktail, which I found helpful to read about -- you might consider posting that on the site.  

BTW, I went over 20 years with nothing but aspirin, hot baths, and encyclopedias (except for one horrific prednisone experience). Smiley
IP Logged

Pam

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss