Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 1:00pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « RC Seeds and me »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   RC Seeds and me
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: RC Seeds and me  (Read 1992 times)
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

RC Seeds and me
« on: Jan 14th, 2006, 7:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello everyone.
I just wanted to share my personal experience with Rivea Corymbosa seeds.

Owing to all the other medical conditions I have I've been asking questions and having people look stuff up for me as far back as last August. I know there has been a lot of discussion about me and my problems and other treatments and an awful lot of research has been done on my behalf for which I'm incredibly grateful.  

I've had two tests with tiny amounts of seeds to test stomach sensitivity. The first time I had quite a bit of discomfort from stomach cramps so we changed the way I tried the second attempt and that was much better.

I decided to go the whole hog and try a "normal" dose of 15 seeds and the only concession I made to my stomach sensitivity was to have a normal meal 2 hours beforehand instead of just a light one as is usually recommended.

I crushed the seeds in water and soaked them for two hours and I have to say two hours have NEVER past by more slowly! I was the archetypal clock watcher!

I had them in about an inch and a half of water in a whisky tumbler and drank it, added some more water to rinse around the last little bits and drank that too.  
This was at about 9pm last night. I then sat here at the pc for the next couple of hours and apart from feeling slightly more aware of what I was doing I didn't feel a thing. It was an awareness like when you have had a drink and need to make sure you put your glass down carefully rather than banging it if that makes sense. Either way I was quite happy, calm and "with it".. well.. as much as I ever am!

I didn't see anything crawling out of the walls and sadly Harrison Ford didn't put in an appearance but I can't have everything I guess!

I got hit last night at quarter to twelve and then again at 1am. Both hits were easily aborted with o2 but felt "remote".. they bloody hurt but it still seemed to almost feel like they were happening to someone else and not me. Very strange. I'm sorry I can't explain it better than that.

A very slightly grumbly tummy but no pain, minor discomfort is probably the worst I can call it and that's only if anyone wants to feel sympathetic and send flowers or anything!

I usually have a "sore spot" on my forehead, right above my left eye. Its always sensitive if I touch it and this morning its gone. I've prodded so much I'll probably end up with a bruise but I can't feel a thing!

I don't know (obviously) what will happen later or anything but I feel so positive and happy. Really, really HAPPY.

This reminds me of when I first tried the clustermasx. I honestly thought the guy who recommended it to me (Tom) was yanking my chain but he was so helpful I thought "What the hell" and ordered one anyway.  

I couldn't believe the difference it made and I feel the same about these seeds. I cannot believe how easy it is to dose and how much of a difference it makes almost immediately.. I know I have a way to go but just the difference in the sensation of being hit already is noticeable and nothing else I've tried has ever made any difference to me so this really is a first.  

Its almost indescribable and for the first time ever.. I really do feel I'm on my way to beating this.

Oh now I'm going to cry!
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Melissa

Email

Re: RC Seeds and me
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 8:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jan 14th, 2006, 7:29am, LeLimey wrote:
I usually have a "sore spot" on my forehead, right above my left eye. Its always sensitive if I touch it and this morning its gone. I've prodded so much I'll probably end up with a bruise but I can't feel a thing!

I keep poking that exact same spot too Helen, to see if If it's still "active". Undecided  I got a 10min hit last night and kept poking it to see if it was still there...  Guess I'm a masochist?? Grin

I am so happy the 3rd time wasn't as bad as the first two!  It seems something "took" with this time, right?  I sure hope so...

I'm keeping tabs on you lady! Wink

love,
melly
IP Logged
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 10:06am »

Good luck Helen.....I'll be thinking about you, and I hope this treatment just kicks ass!

I know what you mean about the absolutely clear head feeling....it's amazing.  

I have to wait another four days...... Undecided.

Roxy
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 10:28am »

Elated !!!!!!!!

IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Beastfodder
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally

« Reply #4 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 11:48am »

There was a rumour about a joke you told last night that you wanted to share with everyone....

IP Logged

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 2:03pm »

Well, blimey Limey, that is simply smashing ol girl.   Grin

HIP-HIP......horray.  HIP-HIP horray.  

Linda  

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 10:30am »

Congratulations.  How's it progressing Helen?

-Lee
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 11:15am »

Well I wasn't going to update this thread until something happend.. and so far over 60 hours of nothing has!
Not a single hit, not as much as a shadow.
I feel like I've had an amputation. You know how people say when they've had a leg cut off that they still look for it to be there? Well that's how I feel about my head now. Its a peculiar feeling, not having any background awareness at all of the pain. Not having had any hits. In the last 18 months I've had 4 PF days and that was when I was in Dallas.  

FOR SALE
One clustermasx. Used. No Longer Needed
 Wink

Im only joking, I know this isn't "forever"... but I'm enjoying every minute! I cannot believe how exhilarating it is to feel nothing.. not a flippin' thing!
60 hours so far without a twinge.. I don't even feel I'm pushing my luck or tempting fate. I know this isn't a cure. I know it will come back and I know I'll have to continue to take doses and maintain it all but I have every confidence that I can do so.

I am literally shaking my head here. I haven't used o2 since Friday night! I'm going to have to dust my clustermasx! It's NEVER got dusty before!

I'm saving a fortune in shoes too as my feet haven't touched the ground yet (Actually that might count as a BAD side effect eh girls?!  Wink )
IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #8 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 11:25am »

YES!!! headbanger   Keep it going. And you can always PM me the joke if you want. Grin
xxxPatti
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #9 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 11:38am »

Great feeling, isn't it?
I'm probably going to be fighting this battle for a long time, I'm sure glad I found a weapon that's actually helping. love ya, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 10:19pm »

"FOR SALE"  
"One clustermasx. Used. No Longer Needed"  

Now that would be cool.  

Wishing the best

MJ
IP Logged

MJ
godsjoy777
New Board Veteran
USA 

HIS name is above clusters

godsjoy777  
Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 21st, 2006, 7:53am »

Yippeeeeeee Helen!

You have helped me....telling your story....Hopeing I'll never go into cycle again and not have to do anything ever again....BUT.......IF I do.....I'm going to try it just like you did.....

Love you,
Karen
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #12 on: Jan 22nd, 2006, 9:47am »

That's wonderful, Helen!!!!!!!
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Best wishes,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #13 on: Feb 4th, 2006, 4:12pm »

Lelimey

Care to update on the RC experience if any?
IP Logged

MJ
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 6:49am »

Hi MJ and whoever else wants to read this  Smiley
After my first dose I had five days completely pain free, I then started having a few niggly shadows which I tried a 3 seed sput for on day seven.
This involved keeping three seeds in my mouth until they went soft and I then bit them, kept the "bits" in my mouth for another few minutes and spat them out. They didn't actually taste that bad, a little bitter but not disgusting (unlike potassium but that's another story!)
I didn't have any more pain that day incidentally. Shadows returned about 22 hours later and I finally redosed on day 10 after having had 5 hits in three days.
At my best prior to dosing I was getting a minimum of three hits a day so this was still 50% better than usual.
My second dosing has been hampered by alot of stress here, major life changing stress which has been very difficult and also a really bad cold and the bungest uppest sinuses I've ever had! It's still been a huge improvement but I have had some hits in the last ten days but I've been holding back on redosing for two reasons, trying to improve my mental position and hoping to shift this cold a bit.
I'll be redosing on Tuesday so I'll let you know more after that.
Interestingly the last time I dosed was almost exactly the same as the first, Within half an hour or so I had that "I'd love another drink" feeling (although I hadn't had any booze). The seeds make me feel relaxed and happy exactly like I've had a couple of drinks and that third one is looking really good! That wears off and after about four hours I feel a bit queasy, not sick, just "Oooh.. next time I'll stop at two" sort of thing!
After approx five hours I got hit twice within an hour but both hits were easily aborted and then that was it. It was almost a mirror image of the first time but what was different was the time of day. First time I dosed in the evening at about 9pm and second time was at 11am.
Well I hope that helps anyone else thinking of going down this route. I have to say the seeds aren't something I would do for pleasure, I prefer real alcohol to induced alcohol feelings and I prefer being with other people when I drink too but as a method of pain relief which is all this is intended as its certainly doing the trick for me better than any other preventative I've tried.
Helen
IP Logged

maffumatt

Email

« Reply #15 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 7:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

we're pullin for you Helen, keep up the good fight..........
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #16 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 11:25am »

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, luv. The cold could indeed be triggering more activity. Hopefully your head will get clearer as your nose does. hugs, nani
IP Logged

MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #17 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 6:32pm »

Thanks for the update Helen.

Sounds like the seeds are doing their thing for you too.  

In my little experience with the RC seeds, I think it is better to dose at night, maybe a couple hours before sleep. Makes nice dreams while fighting CH too with low doses like we take.

On the oral soak or absorbtion method if you crush or powder the seeds first that works pretty quick too. The LSA containing powders absorbed in about 15-20 minutes and you can either spit out the husk remnants (wich might be the cause of stomach upset) or swallow them.  

I agree with you on the not doing for pleasure aspect, makes you feel sort of empty for just a little bit. Not condusive to quality socializing.

So happy to hear you got some results.
Wishing you much more.

MJ

IP Logged

MJ
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 7:30pm »

fngresi crsosde!
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Jenny G
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

« Reply #19 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 11:55am »

Does one need to "detox" off other meds like you need to do for shrooms?
IP Logged

"I think it's wrong that only one company manufactures the game Monopoly."
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #20 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 11:59am »

Yes, it's best to bee detoxed from most of the standard CH meds. Look here and read the LSA and Mushroom FAQs
www.clusterbusters.com

pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Who loves ya baby!

Hendrix1473  
WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 12:25pm »

Good luck tomorrow Helen!
IP Logged

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

boybath
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

HAPPYSURFERUK  

« Reply #22 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 3:02pm »

WELL DONE HUN
But more to the point what were you hoping to happen with Harrison Ford???

wibble

Le Looney
IP Logged

THANKYOU FOR WHAT I AM ABOUT TO RECEIVE .....
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 3:57pm »

on Feb 6th, 2006, 3:02pm, boybath wrote:
WELL DONE HUN
But more to the point what were you hoping to happen with Harrison Ford???

What happens in Seedville STAYS in Seedville.....  Lips Sealed Wink
IP Logged

mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #24 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 4:03pm »

hope you get loads of pf time Helen!!!

tc sandra xx
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss