Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 2:37am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Imitrex »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Imitrex
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Imitrex  (Read 434 times)
Rusty65
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Imitrex
« on: Jan 24th, 2006, 7:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I see that it says that in the lit for imitrex and all the drugs like it that you can only safely use if 4 times a month, any had any probs over 4 times a month? I use pain meds while in the shadow and these keep the devil at bay, sometimes... but when it starts to cross over I jump right into the imitrex wich usually works. I also use the pain meds (which really do keep it at bay sometimes-for me) cause I don';t have insurance and this stuff is mounting up! I've used triptans 3 times this past week and didn't know it I was pushing the enevelope with using them.
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: Imitrex
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24th, 2006, 7:34am »

Read the link below!!!

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/imitrex.html

4 per month...many need to do 4 or more per day!!

Try the tip it will extend your injections and will save you money
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24th, 2006, 7:51am »

All that means is that is all they have done a study on is 4x/month.  They should research us chers.  I was chronic getting hit 8x/day for years.  My neruo gave me enough imitrex for 4 20mg ns a day.  The 10mg ns worked for me so I got him to give me 8 10mg /day.  I had a few 20mg ones around incase I needed a higher dose because the 10mg wasn't enouh.  However, you must realize I was an extreame case.  

You need to talk to a knowlegeable neuro who specializes in ha partically ch and find out what amount is right for you for your medicall background. I have heard reports of high doses of imitrex causing problems with anxiety, rebound ch, and heart problems on some individuals.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
chewy

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 25th, 2006, 7:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
many need to do 4 or more per day!!

You betcha! No short term problems anyway.  

It it kills me 20 years from now I'll chaulk it up to 20 years of reduced pain and be happy with it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss