Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 7:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « NEED RC DOSAGE/INFO »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   NEED RC DOSAGE/INFO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: NEED RC DOSAGE/INFO  (Read 919 times)
slhaas
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

NEED RC DOSAGE/INFO
« on: Jan 27th, 2006, 10:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,

I've done some searching on here & other sites around the internet.  I can't find a standard dosage or protocol for taking RC seeds.  I have 100 small seeds, and I've been detoxing from my Imitrex for about 3 days.  I want to do the RC thing tonight.  I soaked about 15 in water after crushing them 2 wks ago and got no result, but I hadn't detoxed.  I'm a big guy, so how many of the seeds should I take, how should I prep them, how should I take them, and is there anything I should/shouldn't do before/during/after taking them?  

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
IP Logged
ArCane
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Onward through the fog

Email

Re: NEED RC DOSAGE/INFO
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27th, 2006, 1:38pm »

Read, read, read!!
  www.clusterbusters.com
IP Logged

Alchemy’s First Law of Equivalent Exchange: To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
slhaas
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 27th, 2006, 2:23pm »

on Jan 27th, 2006, 1:38pm, ArCane wrote:
Read, read, read!!
  www.clusterbusters.com

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I can't find anything like what I need on that site.  The closest reference I can find is a link to the "Morning Glory" section, which is similar, but the content is "coming soon" and I want to do this tonight.  I've looked through here before, and the info I want isn't going to be the same as what's posted for LSD or mushrooms.
IP Logged
ArCane
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Onward through the fog

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 27th, 2006, 2:36pm »

Look at the LSA faq
IP Logged

Alchemy’s First Law of Equivalent Exchange: To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
slhaas
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 27th, 2006, 2:41pm »

on Jan 27th, 2006, 2:36pm, ArCane wrote:
Look at the LSA faq

I saw all that, but it said that they don't know enough/havent tested enough with RC to have good dosing amount and technique.  I guess I'm wondering if people's experiences might offer a more refined dose/technique/method/etc.
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 27th, 2006, 3:51pm »

check your other thread.

I gave you a link to their message board

they'll help ya
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Jan 27th, 2006, 4:37pm »

Sihaas.

One of the problems with using RC seeds is that there is not enough research or experience yet done to define what a proper dosage is.
It is unknown what variations may exist in each individual seed or crop of seeds.  
It seems that all thats really known is how each individual is affected but no one can state categorically that they will do this or that for anyone else. Thats why its still an alternate therapy.  
Just the same with CH we are all different.

Myself I had completely different results with seeds than Squanto for instance who had no results at all. We both purchased our seeds at the same time and place. I feel fairly confident that our seeds were from the same crop. So one never knows just whats right when it comes to the alternatives.

That said and taking the clusterbusters advice 8-12 seeds should be an initial dose. Seeds should be finely ground up and soaked in water for at the least 2 hours and longer will possibly increase there potency.

In my case I can personally verify for me that doses above 20 seeds have no greater value on my CH than doses below that but thats me.

Pinkfloyd said in an earlier thread that it doesnt matter your physical size as its the size of the brain thats all that really matters.

If I were you I would start at a lower dose and see how that goes. 8-15 seeds if you have no underlying phsyce issues then wait a few days to see.

MJ
IP Logged

MJ
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 27th, 2006, 6:51pm »

on Jan 27th, 2006, 2:23pm, slhaas wrote:

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I can't find anything like what I need on that site.  The closest reference I can find is a link to the "Morning Glory" section, which is similar, but the content is "coming soon" .

The info on Rivea Corymbosa is there.  
I suggest you read the entire FAQ on LSA again. If you didn't see this section, you may have also missed some other important information.
We are still learning as we go but try to keep the information as current as we can and update as we learn.

As to RC dosing, the FAQ says:

"7.2 Dosing - Rivea Corymbosa
Ethnogarden Botanicals states there's a 1 to 4 ratio of equivalence between the psychoactive effects of HBW and Rivea seeds, 5 HBW seeds being the same as 20 Rivea seeds. "

(note: from our experience, as it grows, this is pretty accurate IMHO)

"In this case as stated above, 4 to 8 Rivea seeds should be the range people treating cluster headaches should remain at least for the first dose. If future doses are needed, this number can be modified to suit each individual. You may need to slowly increase the dose size. Begin with a low dose for safety and build higher only if a larger dose is needed for increased efficacy. Use a headache chart to track your progress and this will make it much easier to determine future dosing schedules and dose sizes."

We recently had one member that had a rather nasty effect regarding nausea with 4 seeds. Others continue to report a level of success with as little as 4 seeds. I would still suggest everyone that tries them, to still stick with 4 to begin with.

Please do not decide on a dose size based upon your earlier results before you were detoxed from Imitrex.  

Bobw

IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
slhaas
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Jan 27th, 2006, 7:47pm »

on Jan 27th, 2006, 6:51pm, Pinkfloyd wrote:

The info on Rivea Corymbosa is there.  
I suggest you read the entire FAQ on LSA again. If you didn't see this section, you may have also missed some other important information.
We are still learning as we go but try to keep the information as current as we can and update as we learn.

As to RC dosing, the FAQ says:

"7.2 Dosing - Rivea Corymbosa
Ethnogarden Botanicals states there's a 1 to 4 ratio of equivalence between the psychoactive effects of HBW and Rivea seeds, 5 HBW seeds being the same as 20 Rivea seeds. "

(note: from our experience, as it grows, this is pretty accurate IMHO)

"In this case as stated above, 4 to 8 Rivea seeds should be the range people treating cluster headaches should remain at least for the first dose. If future doses are needed, this number can be modified to suit each individual. You may need to slowly increase the dose size. Begin with a low dose for safety and build higher only if a larger dose is needed for increased efficacy. Use a headache chart to track your progress and this will make it much easier to determine future dosing schedules and dose sizes."

We recently had one member that had a rather nasty effect regarding nausea with 4 seeds. Others continue to report a level of success with as little as 4 seeds. I would still suggest everyone that tries them, to still stick with 4 to begin with.

Please do not decide on a dose size based upon your earlier results before you were detoxed from Imitrex.  

Bobw

I took 15 and nothing happened.  From how I understand it, 4 RC seeds is nothing.  4 of that other seed is a lot... and eqaulling 4 of them in RC terms would be like taking 16 RC seeds.   I have my ground seeds soaking at the moment, and I'll drink it in an hour.
IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 27th, 2006, 10:16pm »

on Jan 27th, 2006, 7:47pm, slhaas wrote:

From how I understand it, 4 RC seeds is nothing.

Yeah, what do I know. You're probably right

BobW
(Packer fan??)
IP Logged

[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
slhaas
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: Jan 28th, 2006, 5:18pm »

on Jan 27th, 2006, 10:16pm, Pinkfloyd wrote:

Yeah, what do I know. You're probably right

BobW
(Packer fan??)

Of course!

As an update, I did the 20 seeds, soaked for 2+ hours, and nothing.  Undecided
IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 28th, 2006, 11:27pm »

on Jan 28th, 2006, 5:18pm, slhaas wrote:

Of course!

Ah...that's a shame. Sorry.  Grin

on Jan 28th, 2006, 5:18pm, slhaas wrote:

As an update, I did the 20 seeds, soaked for 2+ hours, and nothing.  Undecided

Well, you can't say "nothin" until you see how your clusters react the next few days.

good luck, hope you see some relief.
Bobw
IP Logged

[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

Nuthin from Nuthin is still Nuthin
« Reply #12 on: Jan 28th, 2006, 11:50pm »

"Nothin" is a pretty heavy operative word here. "Nothin" as in effects, or "Nothin" as in no CH's. Nothin/Nothin is the best possible result; there's still Nuthin/Sumptin, Sumptin/Nothin, and Sumptin/Sumptin.
Nothin/Nothin would be a real boon to the med's free cause...Sumptin that does Nuthin in side effects, and bans CH to the Nothin realm.  Keep this stuff quiet, before Glaxo finds out about it. They could Lobby the FDA, DEA, ATF, IRS and Homeland security about us, still within the petty cash budget. In a vicious swarm of Americanism, one of you guys might be my new wife and cell mate.....for the next 25 years. Paranoia serves it's purposes, praise Allah.

Beta testing is hard work.
RJ
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2006, 12:06am by Mr. Happy » IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Nuthin from Nuthin is still Nuthin
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29th, 2006, 2:40am »

on Jan 28th, 2006, 11:50pm, Mr. Happy wrote:
"Nothin" is a pretty heavy operative word here. "Nothin" as in effects, or "Nothin" as in no CH's. Nothin/Nothin is the best possible result; there's still Nuthin/Sumptin, Sumptin/Nothin, and Sumptin/Sumptin.
Nothin/Nothin would be a real boon to the med's free cause...Sumptin that does Nuthin in side effects, and bans CH to the Nothin realm.  
RJ

Actually; there's Nothin/Sumptin, Sumptin/Sumptin, Sumptin/Nothin, Nothin/Nothin, Everythin/Sumptin, Everythin/Nothin, Sumptin/Everythin, Nothin/Everythin, and Everythin/Everythin.

The best are Everythin/Nothin, Everythin/Sumptin and Everythin/Everythin.

BB Grin
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss