Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 6:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Cervical Spondylosis »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Cervical Spondylosis
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cervical Spondylosis  (Read 521 times)
shinydellgirl
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Cervical Spondylosis
« on: Jan 29th, 2006, 10:54am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

2 1/2 years ago my husband suddenly started getting horrible headaches.  He was 46.  That's when I found this site.  The symptoms fit cluster headaches exactly.  He had a CAT scan but opted out of the MRI because he had no insurance.  He tried oxygen and it helped for a while but mostly just endured the pain because of the insurance issue.  

In October he was in a car accident and began having shoulder numbness and numbness in both hands.  He had an MRI and it showed Cervical Spondylosis and edema of the spinal cord.  3 weeks ago he had anterior cervical fusion at C3-C4 and he hasn't had a headache since after 2 1/2 years of daily chronic headaches.

Bottom line:  Make sure you get an MRI which includes your cervical spine.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he remain pain free.
IP Logged
floridian

Email

Re: Cervical Spondylosis
« Reply #1 on: Feb 1st, 2006, 5:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Curious that you mention that condition - just came across this article that describes a trial for treating cervical spondylosis with the active ingredient in (!) kudzu.  Too bad there is no abstract - I will email the author to find out about this.  Wonder if it was helpful.  

Quote:
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 2006 Jan;4(1):80-1.  

[Clinical observation of puerarin in treating patients with vertebral artery insufficiency due to cervical spondylosis: a report of 123 cases]

[Article in Chinese]

Zhou PQ, Shen L, Yang YP, Xie J.

Department of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei province 430022, China.  

« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2006, 5:30pm by floridian » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss